Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

user said:
Yes Yes Yes.....I bought Google earliar today.....

I see the earnings are showing up as fantastic....I'm trying to find out what is happening with them in after hours trading....could anyone tell me what is happening with the shares?......

Where could I check them?

If you've got Bloomberg put it on - they're talking about them now. Up Up Up by the sounds of it ;)

Monster rally with strong internals but volume surprisingly not so monster

Attachments

• Nasdaq vol.JPG
    Nasdaq vol.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 118
  • NYSE Vol.JPG
    NYSE Vol.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 133
They were $214 about 10 minutes ago in after hours trading. The best place to check would be Bloomberg Television.

I go away from the screens for a few hours and come back to a load of bulls!
Goodness what have you lot done to do that!

Thanks guys...I checked on Bloomberg and the link above. I think they up over 1000 points. Not a bad day at all. Amazing stuff!!

Hope it hits all time highs tomarrow....

What a day....

Monster rally with strong internals but volume surprisingly not so monster

roguetrader you know I don't follow volume much so what can you intrepret from today's volume then? Was it weak in terms of the rally?

I go away from the screens for a few hours and come back to a load of bulls!

What have we done?

It was all your stop loss triggers that caused todays move! Hope your proud...... :devilish:

A note for all you bulls..
The Dow has bounced back up to the trendline from Oct 02. so if no real move higher from here, then this is a dcb.
I don't know so will watch and see.
On the plus side the S&P is above the 200d

And interest rate decision isn't too far away, that inflation prob they were worried about yesterday may come back to haunt very soon

Racer said:
The Dow has bounced back up to the trendline from Oct 02. so if no real move higher from here, then this is a dcb.
I don't know so will watch and see.
On the plus side the S&P is above the 200d

And interest rate decision isn't too far away, that inflation prob they were worried about yesterday may come back to haunt very soon

Very valid point about the interest decision Racer. Towards the close many comments of caution were being sounded on Bloomberg regarding the forthcoming decision.

Todays movement was very surprising and the highest gain for 18 months, where will it go from here? IMHO I believe we'll be looking at consolidation between 10000-10250, but then what the hell do I know!

user said:
roguetrader you know I don't follow volume much so what can you intrepret from today's volume then? Was it weak in terms of the rally?

To me the lack of volume is a red flag to anyone jumping on the long side for longer term trades, a cautionary note if you like, Over the past couple of weeks there has been a pattern of lower volume on up days higher volume on down days. Until that pattern changes it demonstrates that institutions are not buying into the market, the higher volumes on the down days tells us that they are in fact selling into any strength. At least that's my take fwiw. Intraday it doesn't really matter I go where the internals take me, today was clearly up, though for me it took a little while for all the ducks to line up.

One thing I really didn't like today was the huge mark up in futures in very out of hours trading. This wasn't the market going on on buying initially, it was it being pushed up by shorts being closed out of hours by stops

And IBM up nearly 3%? Hmm... now that should be a dcb!

Racer said:
The Dow has bounced back up to the trendline from Oct 02.

Racer I show that trendline 100 - 200 points above depending on whether you use log charts or not, 200 being on the log chart. Though that is on the cash INDU if that makes a difference

Attachments

• indu.JPG
    indu.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 167
Tomorrow S&P.. if breaks 1160 then yes bulls are back but if this or Dow doesn't follow through then dcb?

Yes SPX has trendline from Aug '04 and horizontal price resistance converged above in the 1163 area so interesting day for it

Bulls or bears, hmm don't know. But the chart of the Dow, S&P and Nas doesn't look very good if you look at it long term, yes today was a major bounce, but.... I am still very reserved.
I am a bull by nature btw not a bear!

Dead cat bounce

Thanks for that.

It could well be a dead cat bounce........

Definately need to see a few more sessions.

My call was 10,000 - see it - buy it. I also said we see 10200.

I didn't think it would happen in one day though but it amazingly has.

Tomarrow should be important! Which way we go? Not sure yet....