Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i think there's been more than enough playground stuff now - so anymore won't last long

jon

Jon, it's about time you stepped up to the plate and killed off a lot of this nonsense, leg pulling is fine, heh, we're all big enough to take it and dish it out, but some of the *stuff* on here of late is outrageous and goes way beyond acceptable behaviour..

I think to be fair, Howard enjoyed a huge amount of goodwill on this thread up until the point when he said he was going to write a book and start teaching. The forum's collective gloves came off at that point.

Sorry JoC didn't have time to finish of what I meant to say, couple of trades alerted..Anyhow the forum's collective gloves did not come off, a few posters (principally those *new* to the forum, new join date jan 2011) decided to 'gang up' on Howard together with the usual suspects...This has nothing to do with trading, the antagonism towards him is bizarre and to his credit he's been a perfect gent.

Anyhow, sun's shining Up North and no wind on the coast, time for a bike ride..

Black Swan to be perfectly honest mate you're not a mod and nobody gives a 5hit about the judgement you insist on casting over the forum and members' conduct from time to time.

Howard is a big boy and can take care of himself and even considering that the bulk of the lulz have been constructed outside of Howard's main thread I'm sure the mods don't need you to tell them how to do their job.

All you've been doing over the recent lulz days is posting how you think the site should be run or how people should behave or how they should do their job. It's not your site and the world isn't that bad a place so why not just pull the stick out and relax for a bit?

Jon, it's about time you stepped up to the plate and killed off a lot of this nonsense, leg pulling is fine, heh, we're all big enough to take it and dish it out, but some of the *stuff* on here of late is outrageous and goes way beyond acceptable behaviour..

true - been away for a bit and we're a bit thin on the ground here atm. i've cleaned up the last few pages which had escalated beyond reasonable banter

jon

Well look black swan i would say i am a good adminstrater of lulz but as well because i am not a noob or a nob on things about trading i can offer informed opinions and make good posts on trading. Sometimes im right and sometimes im rong but i can have good contributions on proper threads.

You though dont say anything about trading OR lulz!

That's not strictly true. He belittles people's efforts over on flashearts live calls thread as they don't earn enough pips per trade for him. He also posts retrospective charts and accused me of wanting to make money off of him when I asked why he doesn't post live calls like everyone else in the thread.
I like black swan as he's taught me a few good things (to which I still pay no heed unfortunately) and you can have god convos with him, but he's gone too miserable lately.

Well look black swan i would say i am a good adminstrater of lulz but as well because i am not a noob or a nob on things about trading i can offer informed opinions and make good posts on trading. Sometimes im right and sometimes im rong but i can have good contributions on proper threads.

You though dont say anything about trading OR lulz!

That's not strictly true. He belittles people's efforts over on flashearts live calls thread as they don't earn enough pips per trade for him. He also posts retrospective charts and accused me of wanting to make money off of him when I asked why he doesn't post live calls like everyone else in the thread.
I like black swan as he's taught me a few good things (to which I still pay no heed unfortunately) and you can have god convos with him, but he's gone too miserable lately.

To say the ****ing least. He's become a nasty piece of work, the only person on t2w I could say that about. The belittling of people with smaller accounts in particular smarts... in fact it's almost ironic when you think about it...

Now like you I hope it's being caused by personal problems or something, rather than bad character (indeed I assume it is) and he recovers... maybe this constant feedback from, sod knows, just about everyone, not just us lulzy types, will get through and he looks at what's going on there cause it ain't pretty.

To say the ****ing least. He's become a nasty piece of work, the only person on t2w I could say that about. The belittling of people with smaller accounts in particular smarts... in fact it's almost ironic when you think about it...

Now like you I hope it's being caused by personal problems or something, rather than bad character (indeed I assume it is) and he recovers... maybe this constant feedback from, sod knows, just about everyone, not just us lulzy types, will get through and he looks at what's going on there cause it ain't pretty.

Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
D'ya know, I sit here, watching a bit of telly, whilst watching my charts on this netbook, (ooh ooh look!! My GBP/CHF swing short has gone into profit, whooppee fookin doo!) Got my laptop to the left of me, with the platform primed ready to monitor the opening of the Asian session, before bed at 1am (ish) realising (once again) how ridiculous what we * do* is...

And that's an important rubicon to cross; once you loosen up about trading and embrace the stupidity and utter pointlessness of it all you're nearing the right state of mind imho..It is fookin mad isn't it?

Jeez, I thought mid term was over? Crackrock I'm not fookin interested in you or anything you have to say. What is it with these pathetic schoolboy challenges, any forum time I spend on here I'll spend it how I want to, not how others want me to..comprende? I don't see my future in the same way you sandpit dreamers do, irrespective of the rewards the mechanics and lifestyle impact of trading does not offer me enough, I'm capable of more..

If you actually traded you'd understand the sentiment I voiced last night, it's a dilemma a lot of consistently successful traders experience, "is this it?" I'm watching it all kicking off in the M.E. folk piling up on the borders of Egypt and Tunisia, scrambling for food and a future better than 2 dollars a day and I'm sitting there waiting to see if the news announcement re. Aussie GDP bleeds onto my charts and effects my short Aus trades..In terms of this thread it was a perfectly adequate observation; I wish I'd known I'd be looking in at my positions from 7am to 1am and have to adapt my lifestyle to accomodate this, there is no glamour and there is no alternative.

But you, Pazzy and Dave have to swoop, attempt to score cheap points and moreover attempt to de-rail the thread, as you and they do with most threads with what you think is humour..Dave kinda has an excuse, given his illness and addictions, perhaps your condition is similar but tbh you and your ilk are tiresome. If you want to troll and play games go over to Dave's ickle forum and knock yourselves..

Clearly something is really getting to him - look at those posts, particularly the parts highlighted in red. Honestly, where would you start with it? And this from someone claiming to be a "consistently successful trader".

I honestly think he is just getting fed up with not making any money, and is taking his frustration out on others.

He's probably thinking about all the time he's wasted, and now people are calling him out on his trading credentials, so it's not even any fun hanging around here playing the big swinger. No wonder he's in a bad mood.

Yes, I was amused to learn I have a forum... If he means propboards it was my *idea* but sharky has done everything for it... it only came about cause he called me up to ask what I was doing so many lulzy things for and I'm such a nice chap (and so is he!) that he felt accommodative towards me, I think; I have a chatroom there but it could be moved, usurped, or both at any minute... I probably do have addictions but no serious conditions... I did have rather nasty depression a while back and am certainly not normal in the head in several respects but in any case... none of this means I don't take take responsibility for everything I do!

But on the other hand I quite like the idea I can get away with what I want, so am not going to push the point too hard...

But enough about me... I'm not sure if he's realised yet that people aren't ganging up on him... they're reacting to his posts. He needs to understand that before anything else happens.

But you've said that before you found ToS's PoT*, you used your own proprietary calculation and it was so similar you just went with ToS PoT. So you must know roughly how reliant either is on delta as an input?

* Tosspot - what a brilliant acronym for Think Or Swim's Probability of Touching.
I believe I can answer this...

TOSSPOT - "probability of hitting a strike"
Howard's Old Method - "probability of expiring above a strike"

Both have closed form expressions using relatively simple formulae that can be found in (among others) Haug. I think I actually posted the formula for TOSSPOT somewhere in one of my earlier posts in this here thread.

Both have closed form expressions using relatively simple formulae that can be found in (among others) Haug. I think I actually posted the formula for TOSSPOT somewhere in one of my earlier posts in this here thread.

You've made a lot of good posts in this thread (y).

Just to set the record straight...
Howard's Old Method - "Probability of Reaching" has unknown closed form (by me) and was calculated using Monte Carlo methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.