Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a reason why I should disclose that. It matters not whether I say, zero, tens or hundreds. I'll get grief with no upside to me.

Might I suggest if you're after a quiet life you're going about it completely the wrong way?

From the moment you decided to start touching options, in fact...

You are quite well respected here but this comment causes me considerable concern.
  1. Third, trading a credit spread, or even an Iron Condor for that matter, does not imply there is someone on the opposite side of that trade in the sense that each leg must be from the same buyer or seller. Or so I've been told by market makers. Do you know differently?
Howard, you don't understand arab's point (which, actually, doesn't cause me any concern whatsoever)...

If the mkt as a whole offers to buy the spread from you for a particular price, it doesn't matter who is on the other side of it and whether it's a specific participant or many. Mkts are complete and the mkt price for an instrument, whatever this instrument is, represents the amount that you're being paid for assuming the risk inherent in the instrument.

So let me rephrase arab's question (not that it's likely to help, since I remember this question asked a long time ago in this here thread)... Why do you think the mkt is buying these spreads from you at a particular price that you're selling them for?

And BTW I spend a lot of time with private messages here; indeed including sent and received I have 1498 as of this moment in time. Retard lurkers PM me all the time. So do lazy lurkers who want me to do everything for them (most common stranger contact). So do interesting lurkers. And that not to mention other members. It's inconceivable with a high viz thread like this that you haven't received some from lurkers.

Might I suggest if you're after a quiet life you're going about it completely the wrong way?

From the moment you decided to start touching options, in fact...

My personality type craves novelty. I don't think that is conducive to a quiet life. I do the best I can with the cards I've been dealt. :whistling

And BTW I spend a lot of time with private messages here; indeed including sent and received I have 1498 as of this moment in time. Retard lurkers PM me all the time. So do lazy lurkers who want me to do everything for them (most common stranger contact). So do interesting lurkers. And that not to mention other members. It's inconceivable with a high viz thread like this that you haven't received some from lurkers.

You are right.

And you call me passive aggressive. :LOL:

You're not seeing things from my point of view. Anyone here can see that you enjoy teaching, explaining things, whatever you want to call it. I pretty much hate that, 95% of the time. I'm not refusing to participate in a constant back and forth about fairly simple stuff ad nauseum to punish you... I'm refusing to because it isn't going to be fun for me.

One of my credit spread trading mentors told me that I was allowed to trade options naked, but he would never forgive my trading naked options.:)

You had a mentor? :eek:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You should have paid more attention, or got one who knew something about options.

Howard, you don't understand arab's point (which, actually, doesn't cause me any concern whatsoever)...

If the mkt as a whole offers to buy the spread from you for a particular price, it doesn't matter who is on the other side of it and whether it's a specific participant or many. Mkts are complete and the mkt price for an instrument, whatever this instrument is, represents the amount that you're being paid for assuming the risk inherent in the instrument.

So let me rephrase arab's question (not that it's likely to help, since I remember this question asked a long time ago in this here thread)... Why do you think the mkt is buying these spreads from you at a particular price that you're selling them for?

Since my education in the markets leads me to not accept your premise, there is no way to answer that question.

The "market" (the aggregation of all buyers and sellers) may be on the "other side" of my trade, but the "market" is not a thinking entity. It is a collection of thinking entities all with different goals who collectively take the other side of every transaction. I am not a believer that the market is a zero-sum game. Transactions can be win/win if each side meets is specific goal.

You're not seeing things from my point of view. Anyone here can see that you enjoy teaching, explaining things, whatever you want to call it. I pretty much hate that, 95% of the time. I'm not refusing to participate in a constant back and forth about fairly simple stuff ad nauseum to punish you... I'm refusing to because it isn't going to be fun for me.

Oh, but I think I do. My comment was not a criticism of your comment. It was a criticism of your criticism. I was hoping you would see the irony and humor. :)

Give me a reason why I should disclose that. It matters not whether I say, zero, tens or hundreds. I'll get grief with no upside to me.

Just to answer a genuine question? Isn't that what this thread is about, bar the lulz of course.

You're obviously not there yet, but not disclosing it will also bring you grief :LOL:

It's a good thing the markets are quiet today. I've been shirking my other responsibilities with this. I suck at Forex trading. So I only play with really small money. But while I have been at this thread I have booked $229.80 in profits. Best day in a long time. Is it the markets, my trading skill or the energy from this thread. Oh, but I already told you I suck at Forex trading. I don't know how the energy from responding to this thread could be the cause. Must be the markets just like me today. :LOL:

That'll be Howie-speak for "No" then. :LOL:

Google his name - this thread is the first result that comes up. No-one in their right mind is going to be interested in his course or his highly dubious "results" (these are expressed as a percentage of the loose change down the back of his sofa I think).

I am absolutely crapping myself with laughter at this thread. It had all gone quiet, and Howie was doubtless enjoying the respite from ridicule and the intelligent destruction of his crackpot ideas. Then suddenly it all kicks off again and we have Howie making himself look worse than he's ever done.

You've done a bad few days' work here Howie.

Just to answer a genuine question? Isn't that what this thread is about, bar the lulz of course.

You're obviously not there yet, but not disclosing it will also bring you grief :LOL:

I'm here to learn. I endure the lulz, as long as I still am learning. I don't see anything I can learn from that disclosure.

woohoo $229.80 what a lot of money congrats :LOL:

I've paid considerably more than that in commission today if you really care, and it's been a really really dull day...

Status
Not open for further replies.