Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

merry christmas to all..a very profitable new year

2n0jyj5.gif

thanks mate

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Silver if stays above 16.83 $ ,then 17.4-18.3 $ can come in medium term. Strict stoplos 16.8 $

Well, I've had a good couple of days but I believe that the market is winding down for the holiday, now. I'm waiting to see if we have a pullback, here, or will it go to a new day's high. That's where my stop is but I'm not paying too much attention.

Have a good holiday, everyone.

Split

sell ustech100 1851 sl 1855 tgt 1843 cmp 1847 jobbing trade

check out the following 2 charts.
chart #1 >> december 17th made chart on gold
chart #2 >> december 23rd made chart

dec172009.gif

dec23.gif

gold went up from 1083 $ till 1100 as expected and has breached the trendline resistance. 1112 is next resistance

Ho Ho HO ........

merry Xmas from me and my cat to all my trader buddies and friends that I have made on this forum...

don't upset my cat again francis finley otherwise he will come for you .....LOL !!

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 120

firstly...what the hell's been going on around here?

awful seeing these spats develop...very sad.

shame the thread ended up like this...although glad to see dentist carrying the torch and soldiering on regardless (good on you sir).

have a good new year WS, dentist, and all the other regulars left on the thread.

all the best.

shame the thread ended up like this...although glad to see dentist carrying the torch and soldiering on regardless (good on you sir).

have a good new year WS, dentist, and all the other regulars left on the thread.

all the best.

this thread will be active again..!! due to holidays less people are there.

all the best.

Hello my honourable friend, the scarlet pimpernel returns........I hope you are well and enjoying the holiday season

we have all missed your comical remarks!!

glad to see you are back my friend

I think you know where to find me and the rest of the colleagues

The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($DJI) rose 26.98 points, or 0.26%, on Monday to end the regular trading session at 10,547.08. None of the Dow's 30 index components posted exceptional gains or losses on the day. The top leader on the bull's side was IBM, which rose 1.33%. 3M (MMM) followed with a gain of 1.09%. DuPont (DD) rose 0.84% as the third strongest Dow component. The weakest were American Express (AXP) (-1.51%), Alcoa (AA) (-1.47%), and Disney (DIS) (-1.18%). The Dow overall is up 20.2% for the year.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 ($SPX) rose 1.30 points, or 0.12%, and closed at 1,127.78. AIG was the top S&P 500 performer with a gain of 4.58%. CF Inds. (CF) was the second-strongest with a gain of 4.16%. MBIA (MBI) was the biggest loser. It fell 5.31%. Retailers also did well after MasterCard's SpendingPulse unit reported a 3.6% year-over-year increase in retail sales (excluding automobiles and gas) for the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. At the other end of the spectrum, Lennar Corp. (LEN) fell 3.07%. Ciena Corp. (CIEN) fell 2.85%. Other notable losers included the airlines. The Amex Airline Index fell 1.8% on the day. The S&P 500 is up 24.9% on the year.

The Nasdaq Composite ($COMPX) rose 5.39 points, or 0.24%, and it closed at 2,291.08 on Monday. Apollo (APOL) was the top performer in the Nasdaq-100, which is comprised of the largest Nasdaq companies. It rose 3.98%. Other notable "winners" were IAC Interactivecorp (IACI) (+2.73%), Urban Outfitters (URBN) (+2.73%), Genzyme Corp. (GENZ) (+2.29%), Research In Motion (RIMM) (+2.11%), Cephalon Inc. (CEPH) (+2.04%), and Baidu Inc. (BIDU) (+2.00%). Maxim Integrated (MXIM) (-2.01%), Broadcom (BRCM) (-1.77%), and Autodesk (ADSK) (-1.70%). The Nasdaq is up 45% on the year.

courtesy of toni

All three of the market's major indices gapped higher into Monday's opening bell and continued to hold up within the first 15-20 minutes of trade. The Nasdaq even pushed higher throughout that time frame. When the 9:45 ET correction period hit, however, the rallies began to struggle. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average felt the greatest pressure and closed their gaps by the time the 10:45 ET correction period hit. At the same time, the Nasdaq was also slowly pulling back, but without the same conviction. It hit its 5 minute 20 period simple moving average as the S&Ps and Dow found support with their gap closures heading into this correction period.

None of the major indices reacted strongly to the support. Volume dried up even further as a trading range began. This range hugged the 15 minute 20 sma in the S&Ps and Dow, creating an Avalanche™ on that time frame heading into the afternoon. This manifested itself as a two-wave continuation pattern as well, which can be seen most clearly on a 5 minute time frame. The first wave of reaction off the support came at the 10:45 ET correction period, followed by a second and more gradual correction out of noon and into approximately 13:30 ET. The short strategy triggered that time time and gained momentum coming out of the pivotal 14:00 ET (19:00 GMT) correction period. The sharpest selling took place between 14:00 ET and 14:25 ET. When the 14:30 ET correction period hit, the markets were already testing a major 15 minute support level at prior 15 minute lows in the S&P 500 and Dow and the closure of the morning gap in the Nasdaq.
courttesy of toni

Afternoon folks. Just banked 78 pips on aud/jpy, trade triggered from last week's analysis on my journal. Bring on the new year (such a shame, am playing with pennies on my journal based trades), but its the cost of learning :)

Cheers

keep up the good work

dollar bulls are retreating a little
1 min close data plot.downside vertical target active

qzosiw.png

chart created by stockcharts.com

Afternoon folks. Just banked 78 pips on aud/jpy, trade triggered from last week's analysis on my journal. Bring on the new year (such a shame, am playing with pennies on my journal based trades), but its the cost of learning :)

Cheers

very good desi, you have a very good system

as Dentists says, keep up the good work

The market once again pushed to new highs on Tuesday as this abbreviated, holiday trading week continues. Despite the light volume, however, the day's economic events had relatively little immediate impact upon the indices. The Conference Board's index of consumer confidence rose this month, coming in just short of expectations. The S&P Case-Shiller report, meanwhile, indicated that the drop in home prices slowed in October. Overall, in the 20 U.S. cities that the index tracks, prices are still down 7.3% compared to a year earlier and they are down 29% since the peak in July 2009. In October, prices rose in only 7 of the 20 cities. The top two were San Francisco and Phoenix. Las Vegas remained the weakest, having fallen 26.6% since October 2008 with 38 consecutive months of downside. On Wednesday the government will be releasing its latest oil and fuel inventories, so watch for them to come out at 10:30 ET.

Tuesday's intraday action bore a strong resemblance to Monday's trade in both the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average. In both cases the market had been running higher in to the closing bell from the previous session. That run continued into the next day's open, but the market then struggled to hold onto those gains. In Monday's session it was the S&P and Dow that fell back quickly out of the open, while the Nasdaq held up a little while longer. This time it was the S&Ps and Nasdaq that quickly closed the morning gaps. Nevertheless, the momentum shifted as the Dow attempted new intraday highs, creating a momentum reversal strategy the led to its own gap closure by 11:30 ET.

It is at this point that the correlation becomes more pronounced over the past two sessions. The S&Ps and Dow both fell in the morning and hit the 15 minute 20 period simple moving average. This level served as support throughout the entire mid-day trading before giving way in the afternoon. Volume dropped off substantially as the indices hugged this 15 minute support. The breakdown took longer on Tuesday, however, than on Monday. It wasn't until the final correction period of the day began at 15:30 ET that the trading channel final broke lower. The market continued its selloff afterhours with a third leg of downside on the 15 minute time frame into midnight.

cortesy of toni

The Dow Jones Industrial Average ($DJI) fell 1.67 points, or 0.02%, on Tuesday to end the regular trading session at 10,545.41. Reflecting the nearly flat close, the winners and losers in the Dow were fairly evenly matched. The top three performers were Disney (DIS) (+1.47%), 3M (MMM) (+0.81%), and Microsoft (MSFT) (+0.71%.) The top three losers were Bank of America (BAC) (-1.11%), Chevron (CVX) (-0.72%), and Caterpillar (CAT) (-0.56%). The rising dollar played a roll in the second and third biggest losers. The U.S. Dollar Index ended the session higher at 78.185. Crude oil futures finished the session up 10 cents at $78.87 a barrel. Year-to-date, crude oil is up 76.84%. Meanwhile, gold ended the session at $1,097.00 an ounce.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 ($SPX) fell 1.58 points, or 0.14%, and closed at 1,126.20. Sprint Nextel (S) was the biggest gainer in the S&P 500. It rose 4.38, followed by a 4.35% gain in Dynergy (DYN). Other notable standouts were Micron Tech. (MU) with a gain of 3.39%, HR Block (HRB) with a gain of 2.6%, and Fedex (FDX) with a gain of 2.58%. The top losers were Sandisk Corp. (SNDK) (-3.68%), Apartment Invt. & Management (AIV) (-3.61%), United States Steel (X) (-3.15%), and Chesapeake Energy (CHK) (-3.12%).

The Nasdaq Composite ($COMPX) fell 2.68 points, or 0.12%, and it closed at 2,288.40 on Tuesday. News Corp. (NWSA) was the best performer in the Nasdaq-100 with a gain of 2.27%, followed by a 2% gain in Flir Sys. (FLIR), and a 1.95% gain in Cephalon Inc. (CEPH).

courtesy of toni

Ftse 100

5430 is a hot zone ............

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (30-DEC-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (30-DEC-09).png
    12.2 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.