Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Quick Q. The theory is that sell offs on high volume lead to a gradual move up later in the day when volume is low. However, rallies on high volume only lead to a neutral / slight sell on lower volume later in the day. Why is that? Why do rallies only have neutral market where big sell offs result in an up bias later in the day?

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

can oil , eur/usd and and the stock market go any higher

la la la, lala laaa

oh yes it can

la la la, lala laaa

will there be a short squeeze

la la la, lala laaa

oh yes there will and it has already started

la la la, lala laaa

will we recover to 5300 and push higher

la la la, lala laaa

yes we will

la la la, lala laaa

It's EID today, a muslim festival so I am in a good mood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

EID MUBARAK to all my friends on trade2win

I will be back later post my analysis

my mothers shouting at me to get off the computer so I must dash

the market keeps going up as forecast earlier

la la la, lala laaa

making money as it rises

la la la, lala laaa

short squeezes continues

la la la, lala laaa

bought lloyds and barclays in the morning

la la la, lala laaa

the uptrend is still intact

la la la, lala laaa

5300 is not too far away

la la la, lala laaa

ws.the sta diploma course costs £2350-00p

STA Diploma Course 13 January – 8 April 2010

Preparation for the Diploma examination in April 2009. The Course consists of 11 Wednesday evenings starting on
Wednesday 13 January, followed by a full day Exam Preparation (including Report writing), on Thursday 8 April 2010.
Evening sessions are from 6.00pm to 9.00pm and Exam Preparation Day, which includes lunch, from 9.30am to 5.00pm. The
Exam itself lasts three hours and will be held Thursday 22 April 2010.
The course is expected to cover:
1. Bar charts. Gaps, islands, key reversals. Defining price objectives from gaps and patterns on bar charts. Arithmetic
versus logarithmic scales.
2. Moving averages - arithmetic, weighted, and exponential. Centred, non-centred and advanced. Single, double and
multiple moving average crossovers. Moving envelopes, including Bollinger Bands.
3. Candle charts and candle patterns.
4. Point and figure charts. Construction, scale, box reversal, objective counting. Advantages and disadvantages compared
to other types of chart.
5. Dow Theory.
6. Chart patterns, eg. triangles, flags, pennants, diamonds, broadening patterns (megaphones), wedges.
7. Reversal patterns and how to identify/anticipate them. Rounding tops and bottoms, head and shoulders, spikes,
double/treble/multiple tops and bottoms.
8. Trend. How to draw correct short, medium and long-term trendlines. Trend channels. Return lines and internal
trendlines. Unconventional but useful trendlines. Acceleration. Speed lines. Trend characteristics.
9. Consolidation - how and why it occurs. Breakouts and how to recognise them.
10. Corrections: when and how far.
11. Support and resistance. The various chart points and facets that can act as such.
12. Basic elements of Gann theory.
13. Basic elements of Elliott wave theory.
14. Fibonacci series, fan lines, arcs and time zones.
15. Cycles. Amplitude, length, phase, harmonicity, synchronicity, left and right translation. Detrending.
16. Relative performance and how to interpret relative strength charts.
17. Momentum indicators and oscillators including:
Rate of change - Welles Wilder's RSI - Stochastics (%K & D)
Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) & MACD histogram
Directional Movement Indicator - Parabolics - Commodity Channel Index
18. Volume signals and indicators, including On-Balance Volume, Volume Accumulator etc. Open interest.
19. Breadth indicators.
20. Sentiment indicators and contrary opinion.
21. Market ProfileTM including Construction, TPO, Point of Control, Value Area, Normal Day, Trend Day, Double Distribution
Day, Neutral Day, Non Trend Day.
22. Investor psychology - individual and group.
23. Ichimoku Charts, including Turning Line, Standard Line, Span 1 and Span 2, Lagging Line, Cloud Construction and
Interpretation.
If you wish to register for this course, please complete the application form overleaf and send it to the
address below. Cheques should be made payable to Society of Technical Analysts Ltd.

ws...u are doing youre mentoring too cheaply !!

Last edited:

It was actually yesterday but because of US holiday there could be light volume and more upside into end of the week. I have 29th Nov to 4th Dec as a major turning point if DOW is around 10,335.

My second comment could be coming to play looking at the current DOW price.

udn.dollar index bear fund.
ie follows the index
30 min data plot
a very clearly defined area of support/horiz red line.been holding this market for all of november
do we bounce from it.?? or do we go thru it.??

dlkl08.png

ws.the sta diploma course costs £2350-00p

ws...u are doing youre mentoring too cheaply !!

I know my friend, but nothing I can do. If i put it up I get accused of taking advantage of people/ getting greedy ..........

It's impacting my trading and eating into my daily profits...........but I still want to help people because its good to see people turn there trading around.

I can still help people with the website I suppose........... but we will see , time shall tell !!

can oil , eur/usd and and the stock market go any higher

la la la, lala laaa

oh yes it can

la la la, lala laaa

will there be a short squeeze

la la la, lala laaa

oh yes there will and it has already started

la la la, lala laaa

will we recover to 5300 and push higher

la la la, lala laaa

yes we will

la la la, lala laaa

It's EID today, a muslim festival so I am in a good mood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

EID MUBARAK to all my friends on trade2win

I will be back later post my analysis

my mothers shouting at me to get off the computer so I must dash

I mentioned to dentist last week that I personally had the opinion that the market would falter ..................

and once again , I was asked by many people why I thought the market was going to keep rallying, we almost got to 5300, just short by 24 points to a high of 5278 but very nice rally for my trading account balance never the less. I had a few emails from people saying I was crazy thinking it would go up to 5300...and that they were shorting any strength when the market was at 5180'ish level.

every opinion and analysis should be respected

I can't explain all the variables but this was the important one, geometric trend line analysis

Attachments

• FTSE 100.png
    FTSE 100.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 131

ws...some great calls last week
lots more please

ws..an idea for you
mentoring...would it be easier for you to make a dvd of the basic principles,a:clap:nd then do some one to one over skype to get all of it across.it should save alot of time
i think the best way is a webcast,the same as in themoneystocks
they alll do it thru camtasia,which i think is free.ted burge/tedlines.com does it twice a week by webcast.he charges $30 a month
i think all you will need is decent webcam.
i find video is much easier to understand
post them on youtube

ws..an idea for you
mentoring...would it be easier for you to make a dvd of the basic principles,a:clap:nd then do some one to one over skype to get all of it across.it should save alot of time
i think the best way is a webcast,the same as in themoneystocks
they alll do it thru camtasia,which i think is free.ted burge/tedlines.com does it twice a week by webcast.he charges $30 a month
i think all you will need is decent webcam.
i find video is much easier to understand
post them on youtube

that requires hard work, something I'm not accustomed to ...

my parents/family/wife would class all this work I do as a miracle.

besides, I honestly don't intend to do this mentoring thing for long Dentist. It was a reactionary exercise after I was being asked consistently by people to trade their accounts or teach them how to trade.

It's very demanding and very hard work I can assure you, especially when you get a dry throat for talking 1-2hrs ..... I was up at 8.00 am to teach an individual today...

but the main thing is that you are helping people understand the market and that's the important aspect of it....

and its very satisfying knowing they will not get ripped off by some shark

£1000-£500 a day ........i just can't get over it??

you are doing god"s work

i watched a great tv programme about how sotheby"s the auctioneer allegedly propped up the modern art market by lending clients money to buy the works of art,and also giving them extended payment terms.they interveiwed jim chanos,thehedge fund short seller who saw the trouble and shorted the stock
in an interveiw,he said ,dubai was the tip of the iceberg.china is 1000-to1 million times larger
here is the text

But there’s a growing group of market professionals who see a different picture altogether. These self-styled China bears take the less popular view: that the much-vaunted Chinese economic miracle is nothing but a paper dragon. In fact, they argue that the Chinese have dangerously overheated their economy, building malls, luxury stores and infrastructure for which there is almost no demand, and that the entire system is teetering toward collapse.

A Chinese collapse, of course, would have profound effects on the United States, limiting China’s ability to buy U.S. debt and provoking unknown political changes inside the Chinese regime.

The China bears could be dismissed as a bunch of cranks and grumps except for one member of the group: hedge fund investor Jim Chanos.

Chanos, a billionaire, is the founder of the investment firm Kynikos Associates and a famous short seller — an investor who scrutinizes companies looking for hidden flaws and then bets against those firms in the market.

His most famous call came in 2001, when Chanos was one of the first to figure out that the accounting numbers presented to the public by Enron were pure fiction. Chanos began contacting Wall Street investment houses that were touting Enron’s stock. “We were struck by how many of them conceded that there was no way to analyze Enron but that investing in Enron was, instead, a ‘trust me’ story,” Chanos told a congressional committee in 2002.
Now, Chanos says he has found another “trust me” story: China. And he is moving to short the entire nation’s economy. Washington policymakers would do well to understand his argument, because if he’s right, the consequences will be felt here.

Chanos and the other bears point to several key pieces of evidence that China is heading for a crash.

First, they point to the enormous Chinese economic stimulus effort — with the government spending $900 billion to prop up a $4.3 trillion economy. “Yet China’s economy, for all the stimulus it has received in 11 months, is underperforming,” Gordon Chang, author of “The Coming Collapse of China,” wrote in Forbes at the end of October. “More important, it is unlikely that [third-quarter] expansion was anywhere near the claimed 8.9 percent.”

Chang argues that inconsistencies in Chinese official statistics — like the surging numbers for car sales but flat statistics for gasoline consumption — indicate that the Chinese are simply cooking their books. He speculates that Chinese state-run companies are buying fleets of cars and simply storing them in giant parking lots in order to generate apparent growth.

Another data point cited by the bears: overcapacity. For example, the Chinese already consume more cement than the rest of the world combined, at 1.4 billion tons per year. But they have dramatically ramped up their ability to produce even more in recent years, leading to an estimated spare capacity of about 340 million tons, which, according to a report prepared earlier this year by Pivot Capital Management, is more than the consumption in the U.S., India and Japan combined.

This, Chanos and others argue, is happening in sector after sector in the Chinese economy. And that means the Chinese are in danger of producing huge quantities of goods and products that they will be unable to sell.
Now, Chanos says he has found another “trust me” story: China. And he is moving to short the entire nation’s economy. Washington policymakers would do well to understand his argument, because if he’s right, the consequences will be felt here.

Last edited:

Chanos and the other bears point to several key pieces of evidence that China is heading for a crash.

First, they point to the enormous Chinese economic stimulus effort — with the government spending $900 billion to prop up a $4.3 trillion economy. “Yet China’s economy, for all the stimulus it has received in 11 months, is underperforming,” Gordon Chang, author of “The Coming Collapse of China,” wrote in Forbes at the end of October. “More important, it is unlikely that [third-quarter] expansion was anywhere near the claimed 8.9 percent.”

Chang argues that inconsistencies in Chinese official statistics — like the surging numbers for car sales but flat statistics for gasoline consumption — indicate that the Chinese are simply cooking their books. He speculates that Chinese state-run companies are buying fleets of cars and simply storing them in giant parking lots in order to generate apparent growth.

Another data point cited by the bears: overcapacity. For example, the Chinese already consume more cement than the rest of the world combined, at 1.4 billion tons per year. But they have dramatically ramped up their ability to produce even more in recent years, leading to an estimated spare capacity of about 340 million tons, which, according to a report prepared earlier this year by Pivot Capital Management, is more than the consumption in the U.S., India and Japan combined.

This, Chanos and others argue, is happening in sector after sector in the Chinese economy. And that means the Chinese are in danger of producing huge quantities of goods and products that they will be unable to sell.

WHAT THE SUNDAY NEWSPAPERS SAY : 29/11/2009
Abu Dhabi is this weekend putting together a rescue package for Dubai, its debt-laden Gulf neighbour

Alistair Darling to nurture ‘fragile’ recovery in pre-budget report

Billionaire currency trader Joe Lewis has blocked the appointment of Archie Norman as chairman of Mitchells & Butlers

Flybe lifts off in £300m stock market float

Oil companies in rush for London Stock Exchange listings

Selfridges set to top £100m in 100th year

Sharewatch: SSL International

BA has taken a big step towards using biofuels in its jets by starting trials in conjunction with Rolls-Royce

BP and Exxon Mobil square up for battle over £2.4bn stake in oilfield off the coast of Ghana
Abu Dhabi will not race to Dubai's rescue

Sir David Walker: naming bankers counterproductive

Frank Timis has raised up to at least $100m (£60.5m) to list his new company African Petroleum

Rate hike threatens existence of rural petrol stations

BT criticised for splashing out on foreign trips

Cazenove staff fear job losses

Energy suppliers 'overcharging'

Aviation rivals rally for 'green manifesto'

Questor: Dubai's debt woes should be seen as an opportunity for Standard Chartered - Buy;
Because of the quality of its diamond mines, the Petra Diamonds shares are a buy
Furious investors warn troubled Dubai it will 'never raise a penny again'

UK 'must find 600,000 new engineers in seven years'

Spotify finds the way to make free songs pay off

Hershey lines up $7bn from US banks to challenge Kraft bid for Cadbury

Celebrities, MPs and clergy urge government to rein in RBS

Private equity firm 3i has brought in former M&S director Kim Winser as an adviser to work with the firm's consumer goods team, whose assets include Agent Provocateur

Maternity and childrens-wear chain Mamas & Papas have struck revene-boosting deal with Britain’s biggest catalogue group Shop Direct

Midas: Lloyds cash call is a gamble on the economy

Fund Focus: British Assets Trust

Dealmakers at Exponent Private Equity, which owns bed retailer Dreams and handbag brand Radley, saw their pay increase 50% last year

US giant Best Buy puts investors off UK electricals

Experts predict a rise in takeover activity in 2010

National Express shareholder rebellion over

Travel firms show resilience against recession
Dubai Babylon: The glitz, the glamour – and now the gloom

KPMG lined up in $30bn Dubai rescue mission

Harrods is believed to be looking to sell its pension fund liabilities in a buyout deal

The Bank of England had £150bn ready to stop a run

DIC set to sell Merlin stake

TUI Travel, owner of Thomson, and Thomas Cook, are expected to post strong numbers this week despite the downturn

Mamas & Papas joins hands with Shop Direct to sell products online

Scottish recession will continue deep into 2010, predicts Ernst & Young

Hamish McRae: Shifting sands: Will the emirate's default push us into another crash?
Rightmove (RMV) - BUY - 556.5p - Stop loss: 445p

Rightmove should benefit from improvement in the housing market, a recovery in the
advertising market and is a potential takeover target.

Banco Santander (BNC) - BUY - €10.51 - Stop loss: €8.41

Santander is well capitalised, offers an attractive yield and is well placed to reap the
benefits of significant growth in Latin America’s largest economy, Brazil.

anybody thinking that the dollar will rally tomorrow..???

I think the markets will rally even more tomorrow. Buy FTSE futures tonight around 12ish. The dubai thing is cooling off. Abudhabi daddys are coming for help.

I think the markets will rally even more tomorrow. Buy FTSE futures tonight around 12ish. The dubai thing is cooling off. Abudhabi daddys are coming for help.

dollar is safety...i think
who knows what the world is thinking...they might think that the chinese currency is safety...!!!
the imf will probably ask mugabe for advice..!!

dollar is safety...i think
who knows what the world is thinking...they might think that the chinese currency is safety...!!!
the imf will probably ask mugabe for advice..!!

Mugabe .....I was thinking more about Muammar al-Gaddafi?? hehee

FTSE 100 Daily Anaysis - Nov 30th 2009...............

Key Levels

Resistance: 5270 , 5290

Support: 5250, 5230, 5195

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (27-NOV-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (27-NOV-09).png
    18.9 KB · Views: 117

overnight in asia

Asia/Pacific Last Trade Change Related Information
^AORD All Ordinaries (Australia) 4,715.50 5:47am 118.30 (+2.57%) Chart, Components, more...
^BSESN BSE 30 (India) 16,938.00 6:47am 305.99 (+1.84%) Chart, more...
^HSI Hang Seng (Hong Kong) 21,877.82 6:42am 743.32 (+3.52%) Chart, Components, more...
^JKSE Jakarta Composite (Indonesia) 2,422.84 6:57am 29.32 (+1.23%) Chart, Components, more...
^KLSE KLSE Composite (Malaysia) 1,264.06 6:57am -6.55 (-0.52%) Chart, Components, more...
^NZ50 NZSE 50 (New Zealand) 3,125.52 4:31am 31.09 (+1.00%) Chart, Components, more...
^N225 Nikkei 225 (Japan) 9,345.55 6:00am 264.03 (+2.91%) Chart, more...
^NSEI S&P CNX NIFTY (India) 5,042.95 6:57am 101.20 (+2.05%) Chart, more...
^KS11 Seoul Composite (South Korea) 1,555.60 6:02am 31.10 (+2.04%) Chart, Components, more...
000001.SS Shanghai Composite (China) 3,187.40 6:42am 91.13 (+2.94%) Chart, Components, more...
^STI Strait Times (Singapore) 2,750.32 6:57am -42.52 (-1.52%) Chart, Components, more

Status
Not open for further replies.