Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ill keep moving my stop down about 15 pips away from the market, to lock in profits but keep the short for the time being, as we seem to be testing 5000 again.

Yes. I think that that pin could mark the day's low so I want the price to go up and challenge an average before I come in again.

In any case, I haven't much trading time left, today. I have to be content with what I can snatch with the hours I have.

I have a pending buy on EUR/USD @ 1.4620 ..STOP LOSS 1.4590

target 1.4680- 1.47

Hey ws, Glad to see we are looking at the same trade!

I currently have a 1/3rd position at 14649 and am looking to add more further down also.

I have a 618 fib line at 14628 from the high at around 16038 and low at 12329. Do you think it will go below to reach your 14620 entry price?

The low on 21st sept at 14611 should be good support if we breach.

:)

I think ill keep moving my stop down about 15 pips away from the market, to lock in profits but keep the short for the time being, as we seem to be testing 5000 again.

Your 15 point stop was correct. Good trading ! :clap:

FTSE Cash...

First support broken, should be heading to 4950 but not until US opens.

American markets never like others to lead the way. I would not be surprised if the market rallies initially before falling over hard again!

A very bearish E$ today! We've already exceeded an average days move and it's only 11.00 am.

Today we breached all the previous lows of last week continuing the H4 short bias.

Technical targets are now 1.4580, 1.4540, and 1.4490 - if they are met, then the FTSE will breach 4954, making for a short bias on the dailies.

The Dax has already breached it's previous swing low of the 5th October, making a short bias on the dailies.

The wheels are coming off :) all imho as ever.

Gold (DEC) Trading Tip : 03 Nov 2009

Gold (DEC) Trading Tip : 03 Nov 2009
Update 11:15 GMT
Current Level: 1056.5
Support: 1054, 1047
Resistance: 1068, 1072

Important levels are underlined as above.
Still looking to stay/go long as markets fall further and investors look for safe haven such as Gold and Dollar.

Long from 4994. target 5017 (s1). stop loss 25pips. Will close trade if it crashes through midpoint of 4987.

position break-even. not tolerating another reversal!

Last edited:
US Light Crude (DEC) Trading Tip - 03 Nov 2009

Current Level: 77.24
Support: 76.55
Resistance: 78.50

Our levels did a great job yesterday again, but we will surely see a breakout either way soon, I would trade within the range with tight stop losses in case of any breakout.

Just for your info only: Halifax says will be announcing the Halifax October House Price Survey at 1pm today.

Im still short the FTSE from 5030, moved my SL to 5010, at least walk away with 20 pips if the market bounces from here. My gut feel is that i will be stopped out and then the market will fall sharply again, but c'est la vie. Id rather take 20pips than nothing.

Im still short the FTSE from 5030, moved my SL to 5010, at least walk away with 20 pips if the market bounces from here. My gut feel is that i will be stopped out and then the market will fall sharply again, but c'est la vie. Id rather take 20pips than nothing.

SL hit.

Current Level: 77.24
Support: 76.55
Resistance: 78.50

Our levels did a great job yesterday again, but we will surely see a breakout either way soon, I would trade within the range with tight stop losses in case of any breakout.

Mr Lakhan,

I just want to clarify this my friend, as I have had a few messages and emails from people regarding yourself.

I get a lot of people coming on to this blog in order to take advantage of the popularity and selling there services (this is not due to me, but its is due to the contributions and friendly nature of everyone on here).

This blog is not about selling your tips or calls or stating how much you have made/or if your profit has been hit .....Its about educating new traders and not taking advantage of them. I am not accusing you of that at all my friend, but I have noticed you have 4 different blogs(how do you find time to update them if you are a fund manager) , never the less I would encourage you to keep the tips/calls or any sales pitches restricted to there.

I have asked you on several occasions to post a chart with a few variables in order to facilitate the learning process for a new trader, especially with your experience as a hedge fund manager.

I sincerely hope I have not offended you in any way, and i look forward to your analysis

thank you

This is why I am now only posting Crude, Gold an the FTSE, dont have time to update regularly anymore! but no prob, I will refrain from posting my levels on this thread.

With charts, does anyone know how I can extract the charts from my bloomberg terminal and add here?

Lakhan,

Take the screenshot on bloomberg terminal keys are : Alt + Printscreen. Then paste it on mspaint (Click Start-> Run-> mspaint) and save is as JPG and upload with your post. Its a bit of a pain though.

Cheers

Lakhan,

Take the screenshot on bloomberg terminal keys are : Alt + Printscreen. Then paste it on mspaint (Click Start-> Run-> mspaint) and save is as JPG and upload with your post. Its a bit of a pain though.

Cheers
Lakhan,, thats not too hard isit????

Folks - Any idea which way market will move on US open? My indicators say overbought so will move down but there is such a big gap from prev close that I think that the market will first gap up and then maybe go down sharply. ANy views?

Folks - Any idea which way market will move on US open? My indicators say overbought so will move down but there is such a big gap from prev close that I think that the market will first gap up and then maybe go down sharply. ANy views?

i would like to agree with you but given recent moves I am at a bit of a loss. watch the market then decide. Given the $ index is sharply higher you would certainly expect a sell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.