Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am now going to show you my hedging strategy

I still have 1 contract short on FTSE which is break even

i am now long DAX @ 5709 only 1 contract .....FTSE short will provide a hedge

no stop loss

no stop loss

Interesting. I tried this a few times on demo. Three issues.

1 - If I put tight stop loss on hedge and not on original trade, then hedge stops out (though original trade is in profit, but then market reverses the original trade as well, and am sitting with two bad apples, one rotten, next one waiting to rot out).

2 - If i put b/e on original trade and hedge with other, original stops out at b/e, and stop amended to b/e for hedge trade, which also stops out at b/e. No bad apples, no good apples.

3 - Minimum contract on DAX is 5 euros perpoint and FTSE is £2 perpoint, so I hedge ftse with ftse only (IG allows that). As I have mentioned earlier, I cant use other brokers. Also, Dow it not great with 4 point spread and is dollar denominated (ie, $2 per point). It then looks a bit silly going long and short on same instrument, as you cant take advantage of one's lag over the other and vice versa.

mate, I will watch your hedges to find out where am I going wrong. However, you may have come across these issues and any insight into how you tackle them would be appreciated.

Yeah, I know im a bit trigger happy. Its 'cause, when I am short, I expect the down to be hard (the nature of down is faster than up). However, lately the ups are fast (panic buying) vs. down (limited profit taking and/or hoard of buyers coming in at the dips).

The Omni guys were bullish for September from the get-go, and same for October (Rocktober). So Im a bit wary of shorts.

Bear flag intraday

market held 61.8% .... coincides with 50 MA

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (09-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (09-OCT-09).png
    18.8 KB · Views: 137
Long at 5149, SL at 5130. Target 5160. Since most of the time, I am opposite to the actual direction of the market. I am taking this trade, because I think market will go down. See if this flipping of my analysis works.

no stop loss

I have covered my FTSE short @ 5145 ...

I have amended my long dax to 30 points stop

I have also gone long on nasdaq 1711 ..stop loss 25 points stop

bear flag still intact on intraday............when this is broken then we will have a powerful move on the upside

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for his "extraordinary efforts" to strengthen global diplomacy, the Norwegian Nobel Committee announced Friday, in a stunning choice that comes less than nine months into Obama's presidency
:clap::clap::clap:

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for his "extraordinary efforts" to strengthen global diplomacy, the Norwegian Nobel Committee announced Friday, in a stunning choice that comes less than nine months into Obama's presidency
:clap::clap::clap:

He is only in the office for 8 months and he gets it:LOL::LOL: There are more deserving people in the world but the difference is they are not US citizens. Why not Tony blair?

afternoon everyone,

Its great the USA is finally being recognized for their peace keeping activities around the globe during this century, they are willing to send thousands of soldiers miles around the globe to save one human life.

afternoon everyone,

Its great the USA is finally being recognized for their peace keeping activities around the globe during this century, they are willing to send thousands of soldiers miles around the globe to save one human life.

Yes God Bless America and American Dollar, cause I have a short bias on indices :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.