Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, a quick question. Do you think US open will spike all indices up for gap fill, and therefore basically take my stops out, or there is a lot of downward pressure of some previous gaps not being filled, that it wont matter. Just trying to catch on your exp really.

Ws, have you gone long now? I am going to go long DAX, try out your strategy.

no my friend as it hasn't traded above 4984 .......and market isn't showing me any apetite to either.

I am off to sleep now chaps

Arab/muslim tradition states: every 1 hour slept after 13.00 is equivalent to 2 hrs sleep.....hence the term Siesta

afternoon Siesta
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

back at 15.00

Cable now @ 16,533, 50% retrace from 11 sept high and 8 sept low

EDIT: long there from 16,541 - Chelski, this is bang on your trendline and 50% retrace

Clockwork - out @ 16,602 for +61, thats 3:1 r/r on a 20pt s/l under the days swing low

Waiting for those yen entries (still)...

you'd probably want to take life insurance on your partner if they got a job here :(

LONDON (SHARECAST) - The French Government has urged the bosses at France Telecom to tackle a number of suicides among its employees.

French Labour Minister Xavier Darcos will meet with the group's chairman and chief executive Didier Lombard on Tuesday to discuss the suicides of 23 employees since February 2008.

Unions blame heavy restructuring and tough management methods for the deaths.

France Telecom, the country's main telecommunications company which owns Orange in the UK, employs 102,000 people.

Trade Protectionism and China

Does anybody think like me that the US should not take on China by raising tariffs on trade?

There is the small issue that the US needs to fund its deficit by selling a record amount of T Bills and the main buyer has been the Chinese....doh!

If the Chinese decide to pull back a little on buying T Bills the financial markets will get nervous very quickly won't they?

Trade Protectionism and China

Does anybody think like me that the US should not take on China by raising tariffs on trade?

There is the small issue that the US needs to fund its deficit by selling a record amount of T Bills and the main buyer has been the Chinese....doh!

If the Chinese decide to pull back a little on buying T Bills the financial markets will get nervous very quickly won't they?

yeah i was really surprised at this news...talk about biting the hand.

G8 talks about avoiding protectionism, then he does the exact opposite.

i'm surprised at obama, i imagine for him to do something as short-sighted as this he must have been getting lobbied to hell and just caved in.

Sp500

should be good support in 1034 region as prev resistance =support

failing that then 1024 region

support held up well

1044 resistance level

SP500 bounce off 23.6% Fibonacci retrace of 1034, calculated utilising the low and high of September.

1034 was also previous resistance level and now equals support.

Gap fill resistance @ 1044 remains to be broken and will act as good resistance for the remainder of the day.

Exxon mobil and Goldman Sachs are pretty much flat on the day, look to them for direction.

no higher high on hourly yet?

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (14-SEP-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (14-SEP-09).png
    21.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I am short DAX 5621 ...stop loss 5647

target 5595

main reason ...break down in EURO

been shorting this chap @ 1.462 for last few days now

gap fill 5616

Is it just me or can somebody else see an Inverted head and shoulder formation