Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
flat session in asia overnight

NIkkei struggling to hold the bottom, when will it give ?

Attachments

• Japan 225 Daily Cash (23-MAR-09).png
    Japan 225 Daily Cash (23-MAR-09).png
    20.4 KB · Views: 97
As i type Cable trying to get back in to yhe channel on 1H. 15m just closed over 200MA

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (15-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (15-SEP-09).png
    26.8 KB · Views: 98
No WS: I was out for a meeting + lunch. When I came back, I was stopped out. Listen, even if I was around you said, I should take my stops out and go long on DAX or FTSE futures with a tight 20 stop. Now, assume I went long, and it sky rocketed as it did. I close the DAX long when FTSE is around 5020ish. Now what? close the shorts at a loss, in the hope that DAX profits should've covered it? What about the other scenario, whereby DAX comes down stops me out at my 20 and then FTSE levels around my b/e then starts to go up. it was the possibility for 4985 being strong resistance and checked a few times in early session.

I just want to pick your entry/exit strategy from such a hedge.

Also, my FTSE is £2 per point, while DAX is 5Euros per point.

No WS: I was out for a meeting + lunch. When I came back, I was stopped out. Listen, even if I was around you said, I should take my stops out and go long on DAX or FTSE futures with a tight 20 stop. Now, assume I went long, and it sky rocketed as it did. I close the DAX long when FTSE is around 5020ish. Now what? close the shorts at a loss, in the hope that DAX profits should've covered it? What about the other scenario, whereby DAX comes down stops me out at my 20 and then FTSE levels around my b/e then starts to go up. it was the possibility for 4985 being strong resistance and checked a few times in early session.

I just want to pick your entry/exit strategy from such a hedge.

Also, my FTSE is £2 per point, while DAX is 5Euros per point.

your hedge has to be based on the premise that the move is temporary, eithe rup/down

this isn't fool proof, and it is only a trading idea which has many risks like any other trade...so please don't interpret this as risk free

but I will explain the scenario in which it would prosper

I went short FTSE yesterday @ 4966 ..stop loss 4992

If I were awake and market traded above 4884 then i would have gone long on DAX

DAX was trading at or around 5570

lets say I went long on DAX and cancelled my FTSE stop loss

DAX high yesterday was 5640 and FTSE high 5530

I could have closed DAX position for 70 points profit

I would still be - 64 on the fTSE at present

I have made + 70 on DAX - 64 FTSE = 6 points profit from being in a losing position

you can scamper and call it a day after that trade or you can carry on

I mentioned that you must only hedge if you think the move is temporary and your overall view is bearish/bullsih!! on this occasion it would be bearish.....so;

After taking profit on DAX , i would then adjust my FTSE stop loss so it equals my initial stop = 25 point stop loss

@ 5530 I am making 6 points profit on FTSE .....I need to add another 25 points for my stop

therefore my stop loss would be adjusted to 5555

If the market goes back to 5500 ............I have made 36 point profit

or if it goes back to my original short entry level, I have made 64 points profit

Thats hedging folks

I am short DAX 5621 ...stop loss 5647

target 5595

main reason ...break down in EURO

been shorting this chap @ 1.462 for last few days now

gap fill 5616

Is it just me or can somebody else see an Inverted head and shoulder formation

closed DAX + 3 points

not happy with short

Morning everyone.

WS, thanks for that clarification. I think you had a typo there. You will be in loss if market goes to 5500 and not a 36 profit. Unless you went long at FTSE at the same time.

Btw, guys im short FTSE at 5021 - Target 5k or 5001

Morning everyone.

WS, thanks for that clarification. I think you had a typo there. You will be in loss if market goes to 5500 and not a 36 profit. Unless you went long at FTSE at the same time.

Btw, guys im short FTSE at 5021

no my friend

short FTSE 4966 , long DAX 5570

market = FTSE 5030 DAX 5640

total profit/loss = FTSE - 64(running loss still open) DAX + 70(profit banked)

70 - 64 = 6 points profit

amend FTSE stop loss to 5055

Market = 5000

running FTSE loss now = - 34

70 - 34 = 36 points profit!!

do you understand my friend?

I do this a lot but don't post because it would confuse many people

Last edited:
no my friend

short FTSE 4966 , long DAX 5570

market = FTSE 5530 DAX 5640

total profit/loss = FTSE - 64(running loss still open) DAX + 70(profit banked)

70 - 64 = 6 points profit

amend FTSE stop loss to 5555

Market = 5500

running FTSE loss now = - 34

70 - 34 = 36 points profit!!

do you understand my friend?

I do this a lot but don't post because it would confuse many people

Mate, that's why I am asking and appreciate your explanation. When you say amend FTSE stop loss to 5555. FTSE never was at 5555. Thats why I am asking that, do you mean amend FTSE to wherever it is, when DAX is at 5555.

Mate, that's why I am asking and appreciate your explanation. When you say amend FTSE stop loss to 5555. FTSE never was at 5555. Thats why I am asking that, do you mean amend FTSE to wherever it is, when DAX is at 5555.

haha...........

sorry my friend

read it again

Its hard when you are doing 2 jobs at once and trading........

all the numbers get mixed up!!

haha...........

sorry my friend

Its hard when you are doing 2 jobs at once and trading........

all the numbers get mixed up!!

Its alright, thats what I was pointing out to you earlier, but you just railroaded :)

How's the fast going? I only fast on weekends man. Can't do during workweek when it ends so late. I miss Ramadan in decembers :)

Its alright, thats what I was pointing out to you earlier, but you just railroaded :)

How's the fast going? I only fast on weekends man. Can't do during workweek when it ends so late. I miss Ramadan in decembers :)

weekend Ramadan...........sounds good!!

I try to keep them all as its compulsory but I understand your plight as 16 hr fasts can be hard work

Markets seem to be working in tandem.......

Oil, DAX and FTSE all at critical levels..........

$69.........4600 and FTSE 5000

Market seems overinflated, good time for a big fall !!

...........lets see............

anybody know a good cure for migraine.
taken 600mgs of nurofen.hardly touched it
feeling rough
not alcohol induced !!

anybody know a good cure for migraine.
taken 600mgs of nurofen.hardly touched it
feeling rough
not alcohol induced !!

isn't it just a case of laying down in a dark room dentist? i've heard light aggravates migraines.

certain foods can be a trigger. red wine and chocolate being high on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.