Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
flat on equities, sold Sterling Energy for an enormous + 3 %...not going to hold anything right now.

looks quite precarious. i'll be amazed if this channel holds.

bearish osc div on these last two 'boobs'.

Attachments

• ftse 14th.png
    ftse 14th.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Morning all,
Im short FTSE from 5006 on Friday. My time cycle analysis tells me that Friday was the high for this year and we will make new lows in a few months time. So I am holding on to this short position and will add to it when appropriate.

Thanks for that Papak- always have my ears open for your time cycle analysis.

Good morning guys.
So here is my thoughts with 5000 the key.
Long above and short below.
Thake last weeks high, 5040 and minus the amount of points above 5000 ( 40 ) from 5000 and that will bring in the next level od selling at 4960 ish.

For traders who are not allready short it is Sell orders at 4958 with a stop at 4985.

We should prices below 4900 before the week is out.

5000 is in now as last week we saw a dail double topping pattern with blow outs to take the shorts out.

Hope everyone has a good week and please do not over trade.

Personnly I are done for the day.

A few months ago I did mention me doing a trading seminar.

Please message me for further deatails.

The cost will be to cover room hire and matierals ( I trade for a living,and respect other traders as I know how hard this is )

4954 has just printed so we shall see another round of selling.

marks and sparks

inverted Head & shoulders on 10 min

Attachments

• Marks & Spencer Group Plc (14-SEP-09).png
    Marks & Spencer Group Plc (14-SEP-09).png
    21.7 KB · Views: 110
FTSE 100

KEY LEVEL 4992

STRATEGY FOR MONDAY

> 4992 ....so long upto 5030 - 5040 and beyond

< 4992 ....go short target 4962, 4940

4962 & 4940 good support level

underlying variables have to change in order for market to go lower

EURo must break 1.4515 and oil must break $68

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (14-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (14-SEP-09).png
    20 KB · Views: 108
China announced that it will open a probe regarding the possible dumping and subsidies of chicken and auto products from the U.S., just two days after President Obama imposed tariffs on Chinese tire imports into the US . The Chinese Ministry of Commerce noted on its website that Chinese industries complain of “unfair trade practices” from the US while the state run China Daily in a front page article stated that the probe was “not revenge” for the US policy action on tires.

Despite such assurances, China’s response spooked capital markets at the start of the week, as traders feared that the Chinese reaction may be an opening salvo in a new round of trade wars that could lead to further protectionism and erosion of global trade. According to a US official, the US consulted with Chinese officials before imposing tariffs to try to work out a solution but was not notified of the new dumping cases before China made the announcement.

While few analysts believe that today’s actions will lead to full blown breakout of protectionism given the deep interdependence of the two economies, the news made the markets very skittish given the fragility of the global economic recovery and the possibility that these small trade disputes could spiral out of control.

The dollar strengthened against all the high beta currencies at the start of week’s trade as risk aversion sentiment immediately swept through the market. The buck has been battered over the past several weeks on broad consensus that sustained improvement in global economic conditions was in process but today’s developments posed the first serious threat to the recovery trade if tensions between China and US continue to escalate.

I love to see how China has become so powerful. Do we have any Yuan pairs? I cant find any at IG.

me too lonlad, although people complain about their human rights violations i can't help but think it's only because they're not as 'sophisticated' as the US at covering their violations up!

i like the fact that ancient civilisations such as the chinese have come 'full circle'.

Let's break the 4950. FTSE struggling, obesed up since July. It should stay on treadmill for a while and shed some of that pot green belly.

FTSE trendline res + 21MA res @ 4996 on the H1

negative MA territory

wonder if we'll have another rangebound period like may/june

anyone know what the volumes are like on the DAX/FTSE?

possible that light volume could keep us in the up channel for today at least (if there's light volume in the US too)?

no major news today to get things fired up...

Attachments

• ftse 14th 3.png
    ftse 14th 3.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.