Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that yesterday was a holiday in the US and Dow futures are now approx 70 points higher than the close on Friday, would we expect to see a gap fill down on the US open? I dont have enough experience to guage how the market reacts to these sort of moves. Any opinions would be gratefully recieved...

Buying 20day closing highs, any views ? HPQ, T (travelers DOW component), UTX (dow component)

Buy the 20day high , use the low on the high close bar as a stop

Any views please.

Given that yesterday was a holiday in the US and Dow futures are now approx 70 points higher than the close on Friday, would we expect to see a gap fill down on the US open? I dont have enough experience to guage how the market reacts to these sort of moves. Any opinions would be gratefully recieved...

imo dja back to 3250 in first hour than...let's see

Short 4952.5 FTSE.
Stop @ BE, going to let this one ride.
Gap filled out +21

Last edited:
from Ashraf Laidi

2009.09.08 10:03: Ashrafs interview earlier on Bloomberg TV on the dollar selloff and gold USD Bloomberg News The broadening decline in the US dollar has helped gold regain $1,000 and oil above $70, which printed $1.45 in EURUSD. Re-merging structural concerns with the US budget deficit are at the forefront of the FX price action. Higher than expected UK manufacturing data helped boost GBP above $1.6550. EURUSD hit a NEW HIGH for the year at $1.45 largely as an anti-USD play, facing next key resistance at $1.4609--61.8% retracement. Despite the gold's rally, we're expecting a failure of the current rally at 1,035-40 before an eventual retreat towards 960s. Projections for $1,200 are for later in Q4 and beyond.

dr.blix
did you used to be in the minig business.?
where do you get all these miners from
never heard of them

nas 100 constricting

2ufdpit.png

dr.blix
did you used to be in the minig business.?
where do you get all these miners from
never heard of them

it's my new hobby dentist...rooting about for exotic companies.

i'm considering a new strategy...the madder the name the bigger the position (joke).

Hi Guys, looks like a topping formation here.
However this market is still stong and getting volitle intra day with price swings.
As planned we saw selling at he open of USA markets.
Sticking on the shorts here with stops 20pts from todays high on the footsie.
Watch the DAX as it plays with 5000 this is the key to Europes direction tomorrow.

I was hoping to put up some charts but just got in. I will try and post tomorrow if they has not been a move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.