Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may short DAX again if it puts in a lower low and remains obedient to downward sloping trendline on 10 min

5420 would be my target this time around

FTSE - bias on downside

Wednesday = stop loss hunting day

next target 4900 prev support - resistance - 4890 gap fill level

strategy for Wednesday

4930 key level

> 4930 ......... long to 4960 - 4980

< 4930 ......... short to 4900 - 4890 if they go stop loss hunting

I will certainly be a buyer @ 4890 level ............target 5000

If FTSE remains above 4930 then it will certain trigger a buy

very impressed so far but its sitting on the trend line

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (09-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (09-SEP-09).png
    20.8 KB · Views: 105
I've got 4930 as the key support level on my chart also WS, but what do you look for to trigger the buy? ie how long does it need to stay above 4930 before the buy is triggered in your book?

I've got 4930 as the key support level on my chart also WS, but what do you look for to trigger the buy? ie how long does it need to stay above 4930 before the buy is triggered in your book?

very good question my friend, and the answer is what makes every trader unique and different

it can be a combination of factors

standard/safe procedure is that I wait for 10 min candle to close below the level and wait 3-5 mins for 2nd candle to form in same direction. I know what you are thinking, you have missed most of the move, that is very true but one should only trade on certainty even if you do get less than expected, but on many occasions you will get the profit target and more.

risky/combined variable procedure - I pre-empt the move based on other variables such as DAX, US indices futures, market leading stocks such as BArc, BP, curerencies and oil, cause and effect theory.

I could have used DAX to trade the FTSE short this morning as DAX was looking very weak in its chart formation, and this can cause the FTSE to fall as DAX is king of Europe.

If you do a search you will find many theories and strategies, utilise the one that is comfortable and profitable for yourself

good article from Bob Prechter

King Solomon, the Stock Market, and YOU
And so on, etc, ad nauseum...

It seems obvious to say that the past 18 months or so in the U.S. stock market has been an historic period for investors. Most observers may go so far as to say uniquely historic.

But take the time to read even a few excerpts from the many financial histories of the United States and of Wall Street. They're not as boring as you may think. Some chroniclers were writing histories of that kind even before the Civil War (1861-1865). Many of the older volumes are free for the browsing on Google Books.

If you try my suggestion, well, my guess is that you'll conclude something like this: The past 18 months in the stock market have been neither unique nor historic. What happened instead is merely a repeat of history in virtually every respect -- including the notion that our experience is in any sense unique.

None of it is new, and I do mean none. Lots of little banks fail, big banks get merged or bailed out. Bondholders of securities from major financial institutions are made well, other bondholders get screwed. Real estate plummets. Lax regulatory enforcement is uncovered. Cries for new regulation become deafening. Politicians demagogue the issue, pass meaningless laws, and/or put the fox in charge of the henhouse. Scapegoats are found and sent to perish in the wilderness. Immense scams are uncovered. And so on, etc, ad nauseum.

A few sane voices speak the obvious truth, but can't be heard above the commotion:

"There are times when the whole community, not merely city people but also storekeepers in country towns, even farmers, even domestic servants, interest themselves actively in share speculations."

That was penned in 1888, by an Englishman who had observed America during the various panics of the 1870s-1880s. He could have been describing how stock ownership rose to some 50% of U.S. households in the year 2000, dipped briefly during the three-year bear market, then returned to 50% by 2007.

King Solomon got it right three millennia ago in Ecclesiastes: There's nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:
DAXx charts

4th time round .................will we burst through

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily (09-SEP-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily (09-SEP-09).png
    21.5 KB · Views: 111
due to lack of any important data out today + high expectations for tomorrow, we might be able to see 5k. For my weekend's sake, I hope we do :)

something i've noticed rooting around the small caps is barclays buying absolutely anything and everything they can get their bloody hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.