Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS: at what point did you decide to go long? right when you shorted or when you saw the index move halfway towards your stop loss? Also, what broker do you use? I cant find DAX or CAC on IG?

hedging can be a very effective tool chaps and can result in more profits than expected, but alternatively you must know hat you are attempting to do and have stop losses on both trades

I shorted FTSE on the assumption we were going to gap down as we closed below crucial 4855 level

once I got wind of all the merger news I had to open up a long straight away

I went long DAX @ 4421

Last edited:
WS: at what point did you decide to go long? right when you shorted or when you saw the index move halfway towards your stop loss? Also, what broker do you use? I cant find DAX or CAC on IG?

Check their Navigate button - indices - Europe - german 30.

@ha ha.. the reason WS went long on dax is simple.
He was short on ftse and he wanted to protect his position if the market goes wrong,so he hedged his position by going long on dax. Simple as that.

hope it clarifies

Happy Trading

I would expect the dax to have a good chance of outperforming the ftse anyway, not sure how often thats the case. Not today anyway, thats a fairly massive move there

for a profit?

I took 20 points this morning. How much, was not the point that I was trying to make. The direction and probabilities is the only thing that matters to me and averages and trendlines are what I prefer. I let others take care of S&L lines.

Probably, good. Maybe it will fall, though! I wish you good trading this afternoon. I can't wait any longer.

I reckon it's going sideways the rest of the day. maybe fluctuating in a 10pt or so band.

There's no US market to give it direction, commodity markets closed also and all the econ news is out for the day.

imagine ey? no silly S&P or Dow coming along to mess things up!

every day would be like today, a gentle saunter upward, stopping at regular intervals for tea and biscuits ...aaah.

:cheesy:

Possible breakout on Cable here. Similar support line on 1H chart for confirmation.

Short Cable 16364

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (07-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (07-SEP-09).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.