Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks and Sparks

Interesting ..........

350 make or break ............

testing resistance 3rd time

Attachments

• Marks & Spencer Group Plc (07-SEP-09).png
    Marks & Spencer Group Plc (07-SEP-09).png
    20.8 KB · Views: 117
ha: what was your analysis for shorting? You should've at least checked the price action at 4900. What level you're short from??

its going up and up while im in a short position..wot do u guys think

you have two options

1. you allow your pre-determined stop loss to be hit and move on to your next trade

2. you hedge your position with another indices such as the DAX

I was short FTSE 4876 ......stop loss 4906

FTSE stop loss hit - 30 points BUT

I went long DAX @ open ........ and I have made 32 points on DAX

therefore position = 2 points profit

The averages on the 15' chart have been rising since before the open. You guys will persist with what you are doing but I don't see the logic of short trades, to be honest.

WS: at what point did you decide to go long? right when you shorted or when you saw the index move halfway towards your stop loss? Also, what broker do you use? I cant find DAX or CAC on IG?

you have two options

1. you allow your pre-determined stop loss to be hit and move on to your next trade

2. you hedge your position with another indices such as the DAX

I was short FTSE 4876 ......stop loss 4906

FTSE stop loss hit - 30 points BUT

I went long DAX @ open ........ and I have made 32 points on DAX

therefore position = 2 points profit

why would u short ftse and long DAX arent they linked...when did u decide to long DAX after m.a news

Also, guys today US is sleeping to expect markets to be a bit irrational.

Taking a look at what Footsie has done since 0800, I find little irrational to look at. It's been one smooth up.

WS said, in his report, that he expected folk to come back from the holiday bullish. Is it because you all think that it's Labour Day in US? I would expect London to be getting in for a rise tomorrow. Not that I look at the news much, but that is how I saw it. That, plus the strong averages.

Status
Not open for further replies.