Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, stepped away and missed it. Would have been long again over 15633.

Good luck on it geo, may join you if we see a pb again

As Sujith says, First breakout is for greedy always - Pullback was so what I should have waited for.

I hadn't quite realised at first, but this an am range breakout setup, as in over night range near the highs of the previous day. Wait for the breakout, trade the first pull back. Sujith is quite right though! And I was half asleep, so I misread the situation.

Never mind the bad entries, we're learning :)

Moved my stop up to 156.50 to lock in some little pipettes :D

£Y run or break , come on make your minds up.

Big night tonight for the Y , shed load of data out , starting @ 12.15 'ish

Think German unemployment data came in as expected. Jobs losses increased at a pace analysts were expecting.

:)

I covered my DAX short at 5286, down from 5317, too early, but c'est la vie. i am now long from 5269. There seemed to be good support around that level being 23.6% retracement from todays highs, and yesterdays lows. i have moved my SL to b/e, and will just sit this one out. Initial target 5335.

I hadn't quite realised at first, but this an am range breakout setup, as in over night range near the highs of the previous day. Wait for the breakout, trade the first pull back. Sujith is quite right though! And I was half asleep, so I misread the situation.

So it is - hadn't realised that, didn't plan well enough this am.

damn damn damn

On the plus side, ftse is treating me well - the SDS system gave a signal for a long @ 4574, which is also at the base of a TL I have from previous two days high on the 1H. Coincided with my signal also - think I will actually only ever wait until I get these three: trendline, my signal, SDS - all together for a long trade.

10 point stop loss luckily kept me in the trade on the second 10M bar pullback - I don't think when using the SDS any great s/l should be used with that 4 point entry above the previous bar.

@ Papak - your analysis is very, very interesting :)

Its so gutting. I got up early and everything.

If it gets rejected on that lower channel line on the 1H I may consider shorting - although this is against wider trend....ooooh I'm just annoyed. Will see what happens there, getting back into this channel may give an opportunity if the lower line gets retested I suppose.

£Y , M15 , struggling a bit here , price right at the floor of yesterdays channel , cant seem to hold a break in.

H1 & H4 looking ok so far. H4 @ 50% channel line.

Its so gutting. I got up early and everything.

If it gets rejected on that lower channel line on the 1H I may consider shorting - although this is against wider trend....ooooh I'm just annoyed. Will see what happens there, getting back into this channel may give an opportunity if the lower line gets retested I suppose.

It didn't like the retest of 157, but I'm hoping 156.60 ish provides support - lets see!

£Y , M15 , struggling a bit here , price right at the floor of yesterdays channel , cant seem to hold a break in.

H1 & H4 looking ok so far. H4 @ 50% channel line.

You're long aren't you Mas? I can't remember if you posted an entry or not?

Did you jump on the E$ DB? It's taken off now :D

yeah i got on this time...like a gonk though i took 20 pts at the first res of 072.

flew right through for 092, could have been + 40 instead of 20, but i'm not complaining if the only thing going wrong right now is me not taking enough pips!!

i'm up +23 pts on the day, not a lot by everyones standards i'm sure, but it's fine for me :)

another 15 pts and i've hit my 100 pts weekly target.

On the plus side, ftse is treating me well - the SDS system gave a signal for a long @ 4574, which is also at the base of a TL I have from previous two days high on the 1H. Coincided with my signal also - think I will actually only ever wait until I get these three: trendline, my signal, SDS - all together for a long trade.

Exit my long, have to take a break and happy taking this profit - flaffed up numerous entries on forex thats eaten away at gains this am but at least still in the black - out for +24, food time.

Status
Not open for further replies.