Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep thats what I'm trying to figure on the £Y , rev or just a pullback, leaning more towards thinking it's a pullback , but waiting untill 1200 see how they act.

Swiss - Nah shorted it 7.30 (5m tails , supp area was old res area etc) , came out of there nicely , err then it stopped :LOL: had to brave sir robin that one just before 8.20 (was watching 5th gear :| ), just made it out with enough to pay the spread.

Shame about the swissy mate! I was really tempted to go long on the 12 o'clock hammer bar earlier today, that would have been a lovely trade. favouring longs now IMHO.

£Y continues to hold support at 156.90 area - so yes, probably is just a pull back. Do you know if there is much correlation between £Y and equities btw, perhaps in a similar way to the dollar?

Shame about the swissy mate! I was really tempted to go long on the 12 o'clock hammer bar earlier today, that would have been a lovely trade. favouring longs now IMHO.

£Y continues to hold support at 156.90 area - so yes, probably is just a pull back. Do you know if there is much correlation between £Y and equities btw, perhaps in a similar way to the dollar?

£Y and equity strength , not really , not as obvious as the $ anyways. Haven't really been following currencies long enough , but with general £ weakness, uk equities seem to face a bit of a head wind, not always immediately though (more next day or 2 sort of thing). Don't take that as gospel though , do what I'm doing and just keep an eye on things over the next 6-12 months to get a better idea on various aspects of how currencies tend to work. (the reality rather than the theory)

it's currency markets jon , which are banks etc . not exchanges (equities, bonds etc).

i thought FX was a 24hour market.

i assumed the asian session would simply be the asian trading day hours.

so how do i set the UK time on that diagram? theres way too many options...

thanks but that diagram doesnt make sense.
when i match up london time....it says new york opens at 1pm....

Apparently it is correct for FX, but sorry I should have mentioned this may not apply to equity markets - and no I don't know what hours Asian equities operate if they're different to FX.

S&P open at 14.30, that's in Chicago I think (?), hence opening later than NY FX. that might all be bollo$... somebody with more experience can help I'm sure.

i thought FX was a 24hour market.

i assumed the asian session would simply be the asian trading day hours.

so how do i set the UK time on that diagram? theres way too many options...

There's not really many options Jon. Just select your time zone - GMT +1 :eek:

Price appears to be forming a triangly type thingy on £Y since around 3pm - which way will it break!?!? Come on £Y, just die will you :)

Price appears to be forming a triangly type thingy on £Y since around 3pm - which way will it break!?!? Come on £Y, just die will you :)

Aye coiling ($ too) carefull with any signals of that , it's tight , easy to fire signals off without really doing much.

Seen EY , S/R wise , might be a move on there ? , 135.18 maybe/willbe a problem though ?

Aye coiling ($ too) carefull with any signals of that , it's tight , easy to fire signals off without really doing much.

Seen EY , S/R wise , might be a move on there ? , 135.18 maybe/willbe a problem though ?

I'm out for +30 - watch it dive bomb now! :)

I'll have a look at EY, ta.

This is my quick study FWIW.

Not sure I can figure out the subdivided channely thing :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ey.jpg
    ey.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 116
channel , 2 parallel lines (off H's & L) , subdivide with 50%. Other subdivisions can be up to you , Fibs , fractions etc

Horizontal S/R , Res off last swing high 23rd , Sup minor swing H 24th.

Attachments

• euryenh1 280709.gif
    euryenh1 280709.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 139
Not sure I would go for the EY myself, mainly because I am unfamiliar with it. GL if you decide to take it on though.

I was looking at CAD/JPY, if that range holds overnight, that might be a great play for an am breakout at london open, will have to check the charts again tommorow of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.