Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Masnachu, that sounds interesting. Do you know which Larry Williams book that's from - I would be interested to read up on that.

It's only a short chapter on it , basically what was said above.

The book is called "Long term secrets to short term trading" , it would have been better named , "A few short chapters on trading , Long chapters on how good my trading service is" ;)

allegedly it's available as a try b4 you buy version , somewhere on the tinternet. :innocent:

sp500..very bullish on this chart
a defined support area.it has broken upwards since tha last chart i posted
2q8sq6t.png

It's only a short chapter on it , basically what was said above.

The book is called "Long term secrets to short term trading" , it would have been better named , "A few short chapters on trading , Long chapters on how good my trading service is" ;)

allegedly it's available as a try b4 you buy version , somewhere on the tinternet. :innocent:

:LOL: Thanks masnachu - I'll look up the try B4 u buy version ;)

Just got a couple of questions regarding spread betting.

1. Do spread betting companies want you to win / lose or are they indifferent? Many people say you are competing against the Market and the spread betting firms themselves. Don't know if this is just disgruntled traders saying this.

2. Have people had good experiences wi SBs in terms of execution and price movements?

3. Do spread betting quotes for the FTSE (for example) follow LSE's FTSE level, the one we see quoted on Bloomberg etc?

Just got a couple of questions regarding cheese spread.

1. Do cheese spread companies want you to spread lots of cheese on your toast/a bit of cheese, or are they indifferent? Many people say that cheese spread goes better on brown bread than white. Don't know if this is just disgruntled bakers saying this.

2. Have people had good experience wi cheese spread in toasters in terms of electrocution by knife movements?

3. Do cheese spread prices in TESCO (for example) follow prices that you might see quoted in Bloomingdales etc?

1. Do cheese spread companies want you to spread lots of cheese on your toast/a bit of cheese, or are they indifferent? Many people say that cheese spread goes better on brown bread than white. Don't know if this is just disgruntled bakers saying this.

2. Have people had good experience wi cheese spread in toasters in terms of electrocution by knife movements?

3. Do cheese spread prices in TESCO (for example) follow prices that you might see quoted in Bloomingdales etc?

Db, if the markets don't kill me, you will.

I don't think I've ever laughed this hard before 6am. It sounds strangely incongruous with the half-light.

good morning everyone,

If Spread bet company's spread varies a lot from underlying market/futures/other Spread bet co.s doesn't this mean that "risk free profits" are available.

I'm looking to go short on the CAD/JPY with an entry at 8500.

Lapa, my overnight FTSE position got closed out for +10. So perhaps you were right!

:)

FTSE for tomorrow 21st July 2009, stay long above 4444 stop and reverse 4442.

Weekly / Daily shows that key 4444 level really well from May/June. We're approaching that 4500 area where we all had so much fun before in the last couple of months.

We hold that level its an up - for shorts I'm looking for a violation of the TL we have from the lows of 4100, the 14 June low and yesterdays low @ 4430 - coincides with pivot at 4434.

On the face of it, this should be straightforward as we are looking to open at yesterdays close and that decision point of 4430 is also pivot - making a move either way not only indicative of the days direction but also a key point for either a pullback or continuation of this rally.

An early sell off would be useful to get a good r/r for a long if we reach that 4430. If stopped out and market breaks out from the TL to the downside, then trading short should compensate - we would see 4400 should this happen.

I really see the first half hour / hour and playing these levels as where its at.

Ok, thats the plan anyway :whistling

Entered at 8492 SL 50 pips.

:)

I'm with you on CADJPY - studied this last night :) 8488 is my short entry.

I do have roll overs enabled btw - but use this on forex, not on FTSE or indices.

I am also long EURGBP @ 8610 s/l 8590, after that pullback to top of TL and overnight range.

hi ws..how was the cricket
flintoff did it for us today...about time

updating the "crazy " nas 100 chart
well it did pullback on this chart to 1530.so this is looking to be the strongest support area.no breakout above res as yet
what does it say on youre candle charts
xgfcwk.png

Oh yes, what a thrilling Test match............I have been hooked to the telly to the point I only do a few trades a day now.

Freddy Flintstone is the Hero..........England really will miss him.

I have just been busy with the property I had on rent, the disgraced solicitor tenant did a runner and vacated the premises, thank god. no more stress......

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great start to the morning DB - many thanks as usual!:D

WTF Dr. B! :LOL::LOL: LMAO!

keep dax buy at 5030 sl 5000 tgt 5075-5115 entry pending

july20 performance

keep eur/usd buy at 4215 sl 4190 tgt 4270-4335>>sl hit loss 250 usd
keep aud/usd buy at 8120 sl 8085 tgt 8150-8200>>tgt met profit 300 usd

sell crude at 64.6 sl 65.1 tgt 63.8>>tgt met profit 500 usd
gold buy at 947 sl 943 tgt 954-960 wait for entry to hit>>booked at 950 profit 300 usd
sell usd/joy at 93.8 sl 94.28 tgt 93.40-9300 entry pending>>open exit at brek even when price comes

850 usd profit on july 20

Weekly / Daily shows that key 4444 level really well from May/June.

We hold that level its an up - for shorts I'm looking for a violation of the TL we have from the lows of 4100, the 14 June low and yesterdays low @ 4430 - coincides with pivot at 4434.

An early sell off would be useful to get a good r/r for a long if we reach that 4430.

That sell off was weak - price spent all of 5 minutes below 4444 and never even touched pivot.

Should really wait for further confirmation, but taking a long on move back over 4444 - long FTSE @ 4446, target R1 @ 4180.

That sell off was weak - price spent all of 5 minutes below 4444 and never even touched pivot.

Should really wait for further confirmation, but taking a long on move back over 4444 - long FTSE @ 4446, target R1 @ 4180.

That was a really excellent call...I am now reluctant to go long at this level, and would look for a pull back. Its all in the entry points rather than just jumping in on a move, which is when you can get hurt. I keep telling myself patience is a virtue.....!

Zoo - all of us laughing at DBs comments are doing just that by the way, laughing at DB's comments, which we always do, and has nothing to do with your questions - nothing is too stupid to ask here. I just wanted to clear that up because as you may be new here I didn't want you to think any of our guffawing was in any directed at you. We are all crazy and hysterical anyway.

I'll have a shot at a few answers.

1. Do spread betting companies want you to win / lose or are they indifferent? Many people say you are competing against the Market and the spread betting firms themselves. Don't know if this is just disgruntled traders saying this.

SB companies compete against each other is in any market of service providers for customers, and your winnings from your spreadbetting are someone else's losses. And there are much more of the latter than the former, making the SB companies money. They need a turnover of customer losses (such as myself, their income) to fund the winners (such as WS, Manya, et al - their cost) and so make profits, think of it as any business.

2. Have people had good experiences wi SBs in terms of execution and price movements?

Only used IG, researching others, there are lots of threads elsewhere on this forum that discuss SB companies in detail.

3. Do spread betting quotes for the FTSE (for example) follow LSE's FTSE level, the one we see quoted on Bloomberg etc?

They roughly do, but from what I understand they set their own prices and so do not call their prices DOW, but Wall Street Cash, for example - at least i know this is true for IG.

--

As I said, there are places on the forum for these kind of questions re: SB firms in particular, this particular thread is not the place. Hope that helps.

That said, welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.