Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lapa, I think our CAD/JPY short should come good. The Canadian central bank rate setters meet today and the consensus is that they will hold rates which should favour the carry trade.

Furthermore 8600 was highlighted as a unfavourable level by the Candian back around the time it hit it last time (peak on first shoulder).

I would be tempted to add to this position if we get back to 8500 area. I am definetely looking to hold this fora few days at least.

:)

That was a really excellent call...I am now reluctant to go long at this level, and would look for a pull back. Its all in the entry points rather than just jumping in on a move, which is when you can get hurt. I keep telling myself patience is a virtue.....!

I did this yesterday as well, but today was easier because we had pivot and that TL and 4444 is a major res on higher timeframes - although really the decision is still based around the movement from yesterdays close - its such a strong rally a move away or with it would mean either a day that pulls back / continues the trend.

This is why I think SD's recent focus on the close of yesterday for direction is quite right.

@ Manya, OK I would have exited at yesterdays high just now expecting a pullback, which happened, but am riding through the choppy waters and taking the volatility on the chin.

@ SD, I see where you are coming from with keeping a mental stop behind the last 10M bar, but this would have just stopped me out. I think I will keep this measurement in mind as a mental stop.

I don't know where this 4454 level came in play as yesterday res with but its now support in my book - **added to long position @ 4456**

This trend line is still paying huge dividends............

still waiting patiently fora break to start shifting focus on shorts

hourly and 10 mins

Attachments

• FTSE 100 weekly (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 weekly (10-JUN-09).png
    17.7 KB · Views: 127
  • FTSE 100 D (17-JUL-09).png
    FTSE 100 D (17-JUL-09).png
    18.3 KB · Views: 144
Unlike yesterday, I'm actually holding on to my trades for once.

I have a res I don't like @ 4470 going back to Mid June / May on the 4H, closed first position near there for + 23.

Second position still open (half normal position size)

Added to my short CAD/JPY when price hit 8485. Using a 50 point s/l.

Closed mine b/e...

I already have the EURGBP open @ +30 pips currently and want to concentrate on FTSE...

good luck and for what its worth I think I can see what you're doing and would be joining you if I could multitask and my nerves could take it!

Lapa, I think our CAD/JPY short should come good. The Canadian central bank rate setters meet today and the consensus is that they will hold rates which should favour the carry trade.

Furthermore 8600 was highlighted as a unfavourable level by the Candian back around the time it hit it last time (peak on first shoulder).

I would be tempted to add to this position if we get back to 8500 area. I am definetely looking to hold this fora few days at least.

ARGH ok I am going to reenter - yes I agree with the above: my cousin lives in Toronto and he trades CAD religiously. He has said as much with regards to the above, but I did do something to annoy him last Christmas and I just can't be sure if I trust him :)

I just promised myself not to have two trades open simultaneously, yet alone three, but this one I will try to forget about once opened. (fat chance)

2pm on the interest rate decision

gute morgen,

bearish osc div on the FTSE hourly and a small amount on the 15m.

i'll be looking for more weakness around the 470's or the obvious 500.

Unlike yesterday, I'm actually holding on to my trades for once.

I have a res I don't like @ 4470 going back to Mid June / May on the 4H, closed first position near there for + 23.

Second position still open (half normal position size)

Price should reach R1 @ '76 but I just don't like that res we're sticking around now - so out of second position for +12 and need to take a break - left a trailing stop on EURGBP

yea , I want to short the FTSE too , just not sure I trust anything with the FTSE for the moment.

I think you guys might have closed your shorts too early. 4450 will be hit prior to us breaching 4470 I think.

i'll open a short on the re-test of the bottom of the channel.

that's my small up channel btw, not the large channel that we've been in since the 14th.

that large channel is one of the reasons i feel jumpy about opening positions, as it essentially bang in the middle of no mans land.

i'll open a short on the re-test of the bottom of the channel.

that's my small up channel btw, not the large channel that we've been in since the 14th.

that large channel is one of the reasons i feel jumpy about opening positions, as it essentially bang in the middle of no mans land.

Im still sat on the fence :p Cant make head nor tail of this rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.