Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
floodgates have opnened its a shorters paradise

Did you ever short the DAX at the 4620/30 level you spoke about? I was following what you were thinking and i shorted at 4610, got stopped out at 4635, then re shorted at 4617, which has made me my losses back. as you mentioned the DAX always seemed to be much stronger that the other markets today.

Your experience and advice in this chat has been really helpful in my learning curve, so thanks alot! I will start posting my thoughts of the market when I think they might actually benefit someone :)

I mean everyone posting here.. thanks[/QUOTE]

I get happy when I read comments like that because that is what I attempted to do

posting and sharing your analysis and doing live trades is the best way for new traders to learn

I agree this thread isn't a dummies guide to trading, some intermediate knowledge of trading is required.

I just tried to cater for a Niche in the market that I spotted a long time ago

Did you ever short the DAX at the 4620/30 level you spoke about? I was following what you were thinking and i shorted at 4610, got stopped out at 4635, then re shorted at 4617, which has made me my losses back. as you mentioned the DAX always seemed to be much stronger that the other markets today.

Wi ay man ...................as a geordi would say!!

Look at this beautiful chart

20 MA was the trigger for the short!!

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily Cash (07-JUL-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily Cash (07-JUL-09).png
    24.7 KB · Views: 110
BIG break out on LGEN if anyone interested ......

I have been short from 54 ...target 50

those of you that had followed the call would have a nice profit

look at LGEN now ............

I am now contemplating a long

waiting to see reaction to 875 on S&P !!

BULLS in the left corner Vs BEARS in the right corner

I will do nothing until the fight over 875 is over

let the fight begin

Last edited:
Hi Dr.Blix , do you find it hard to motivate yourself when you trade your demo account?

I just cant take it seriously when I demo trade. I always make a very good profit on demo trading but in real life it's so many other factors.. During the last few months Ive lost quite a bit on real trades, but I think this was the only way for me to learn. After 5 months I finally break even and have a slight idea of what I'm doing. (was down alot)

Your experience and advice in this chat has been really helpful in my learning curve, so thanks alot! I will start posting my thoughts of the market when I think they might actually benefit someone :)

one very simple point re this question karl.

it's not about money. it's about the pts and it's about learning.

well it is for me anyway, as i've already tried the 'i'll blast into this with real money coz how hard can it be?' thing...it didn't really pan out for me, as i imagine it doesn't for most people with no financial background.

focus on safely and consistently collecting pips/pts karl, once you have achieved this the financial reward naturally will follow.

Wi ay man ...................as a geordi would say!!

Look at this beautiful chart

20 MA was the trigger for the short!!

Can i ask whether you are running this or have you taken your profits, as i am in a quandry to know what to do. My gut tells me that with oil continuing to weaken after the inventory numbers NY could continue to fall, and the DAX would follow after hours. Any advice gratefully received..

Can i ask whether you are running this or have you taken your profits, as i am in a quandry to know what to do. My gut tells me that with oil continuing to weaken after the inventory numbers NY could continue to fall, and the DAX would follow after hours. Any advice gratefully received..

I have taken my profits on DAX @ 4180 .............I believe in materialising my profits and then focusing on my next trade!!

50 points profit is more than enough!!

one should not get too greedy

If I was going to wait to see if i could get more profits from a position i would put in a trailing stop loss on DAX @ 4590

I am no sitting on the sidelines and waiting for the out come of 875 on S&P

Euro has support at 1.385

Pound @ 1.6

those of you that had followed the call would have a nice profit

look at LGEN now ............

I am now contemplating a long

waiting to see reaction to 875 on S&P !!

BULLS in the left corner Vs BEARS in the right corner

I will do nothing until the fight over 875 is over

let the fight begin

Did you do the trade off 875 on the S&P WS? It kissed that level and is now retracing good scalp if anyone got it?

Relationship between Dollar and Stock Markets

Hi DB,

Sorry i didnt reply earlier but I have been quite manic.

My understanding is that a weak dollar is good for the US stock market. Presumably as this makes exports cheaper. A strong dollar has the opposite effect and so my understanding is that the dollar has an inverse relationship with the markets.

Oil is a bit more difficult to understand in that lower priced oil helps the economy to do business as operating costs are lower.
However is does not seem so straight forward as lower oil prices weigh on heavy market weighted oil stocks and can also impact other commodities. Lower oil price suggests lower demand which suggests business is not consuming as much and therefore this can affect the other commodities which are the "raw" materials of business.

I also have read a number of contradicting sources on the internet but this seems reasonable.

Unless I am otherwise mistaken, and I invite others to post their take on the subject but I understand the weak dollar equals markets (generally) up and the converse to this applies.
:)

Did you do the trade off 875 on the S&P WS? It kissed that level and is now retracing good scalp if anyone got it?

no my friend

I am sitting on the sidelines until the war is over

one shall fall, one shall rise

will it be the raging Bull or the grizzly Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.