Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting too re the currency/stock correlation, looking forward to hopefully getting my head round this area of trading...it's like a HUGE fluid but interlocking puzzle!!!

Morning all.

I am short EURGBP @ 8640 - uptrend on 1H but running into the top of daily channel, downtrend on the daily

I am short AUDCAD @ 9144, see this as retracing from June highs back into the daily channel, strong downtrend on 10M/1H

Lets see what today brings with FTSE, looks to be opening below 4175.

EURO zone GDP @ 10.00am

Morning all.

I am short EURGBP @ 8640 - uptrend on 1H but running into the top of daily channel, downtrend on the daily

I am short AUDCAD @ 9144, see this as retracing from June highs back into the daily channel, strong downtrend on 10M/1H

Lets see what today brings with FTSE, looks to be opening below 4175.

AUDCAD closed for b/e

EURGBP short closed at target (bottom of hourly trendline) 8620 for +20

I know this may be viewed as a Blue Peter trade, and possibly doesn't sit well with the day trading types on this post (I tried day trading a few years ago and got VERY badly spanked - expensive education <heh>) but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Feel free to poke holes in my logic - I'd welcome feedback.
Sold DOW July yesterday at 8,250 based on breach of 8,250 level on July 6. Trailed it with a 10 point stop after the close last night and was stopped out in the early hours at 8160. May leave a limit order in at the same level (8160 plus spread) as I show the DOW in a downtrend. TF is daily.
I had an order to sell FTSE July also at 4225 but wasn't trigged - I missed it by a few points.

I know this may be viewed as a Blue Peter trade, and possibly doesn't sit well with the day trading types on this post (I tried day trading a few years ago and got VERY badly spanked - expensive education <heh>) but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Feel free to poke holes in my logic - I'd welcome feedback.
Sold DOW July yesterday at 8,250 based on breach of 8,250 level on July 6. Trailed it with a 10 point stop after the close last night and was stopped out in the early hours at 8160. May leave a limit order in at the same level (8160 plus spread) as I show the DOW in a downtrend. TF is daily.
I had an order to sell FTSE July also at 4225 but wasn't trigged - I missed it by a few points.

Seems like a good trade to me TCA, have you a chart you can post so we can view your setup?

BW et al....trying to post a chart.....

Attachments

• DOW.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
BW et al....trying to post a chart.....

Your chart clearly shows a break down from the head and shoulders neck line so the trade was good. I would watch that neck line very closely as it tends to be weak once broken through until it is fully confirmed. If it manages to retrace back above the neck line and closes above on the daily the patteren is considered negated. Other than that it was a good trade TCA well done.

So far, I have not seen a great deal of difference between trading the FT or the Dax. The other indices are outside of my trading schedule.

Split - the digression being the price making a lower low and the RSi not?

So far, I have not seen a great deal of difference between trading the FT or the Dax. The other indices are outside of my trading schedule.

Nor do I Split.

But I read that entry on the thread you posted - he does not refer to what kind of trading method / over what period / particular reactions etc with regards to the FTSE (unless I missed something).

Perhaps in terms of intraday and the method you use it does not apply?

Ah! I was not looking at that one! I meant the high. I don't use indicators,neither do I trade the Dow but I noted yours and mine was just an observation.

If I had been using it I would have shorted on the first pullback, afterwards.

With the one that you mention, I would buy on the first pullback, if the price was to rise. Otherwise I would stay short, following the downside.

That's my interpretation and I ain't always right! :LOL:

yeah you're right WS, lapa...the currencies updat every 30 second, but the USD index chart doesn't!

bummer...

do you use the google chart for the UUP WS?

BIG break out on LGEN if anyone interested ......

I have been short from 54 ...target 50

Nice call ws. I have started to watch L&G as i know you play it like a fiddle! Can you short cut something for me? Do you like L&G because the shares play so well or because you like the company.
Many thanks.........as ever!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.