Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the train to work so will be quick
Yes my friends all of the points above were certainly taken into consideration along with

Market leading stocks not falling as hard as expected

S&P support @ 888 and nasdaq support @ 1430 holding in futures

dax is bouncing off lows

Thanks for that WS

aaargh, run for the hills!

its the Consolidation Monster...he'll drive you insane with his sidways movements....RRRUN!!!

aaargh, run for the hills!

its the Consolidation Monster...he'll drive you insane with his sidways movements....RRRUN!!!

Its interesting watching what other correlated things are doing, ie. currencies, stocks, oil - really does feed into an idea of direction.

Still think 4215 looks achievable - feeling more inclined to take a long as things look a bit more stable, will wait for signal though.

...9.3, down 4.7pts

SD, why did you think there was a positive outlook for FTSE today? Just trying to understand your reasoning - you're usually not far off - but my analysis today was totally at the other end of the spectrum.

Were you thinking stops and long orders would have gathered since mid Apr to drive this up?

@ Minch, Cable now @ 16100 again.

I have a coinciding trendline from 26,30 June, 01July.

testing it now...

ftse5yr.jpg

ftse 100 monthly chart drawn last month. so far going perfectly.

Lapalabra, it is still early, my put is only 14 pts away ....

SD, why did you think there was a positive outlook for FTSE today? Just trying to understand your reasoning - you're usually not far off - but my analysis today was totally at the other end of the spectrum.

Were you thinking stops and long orders would have gathered since mid Apr to drive this up?

break even, I can even use the call to sell ftse and will have hedge at 4200, my reasoning, changed from my first to the second post this morning, after seeing copper and crude prices. I still feel we will not close too badly at worse maybe minus 20pts, I think this because Friday was such a bad day and it is difficult to close below that bad day. I can still sell 4190 call for 14 and recoup the cost of the 4200 call, providing we close below 4190.

Be careful here mate, Its fell a long way, not sure about the RR with this now.

You're absolutely right mate...I'm just a tad gutted not getting my levels this morning, but it was a strong move and best to wait out this period.

closed for - 1pt, i've got bullish osc dive, but also res...i'll wait for the res to be broken before opening another long

DB, cmon. Stop it. If you're learning this like me, you should realise by now getting involved around these sideways periods isn't worth the risk.

Stay out and take some profit when a move breaks, leave those chart patts for now - they shapeshift in these periods and bounce you around. You can jump in and get lucky or wait for real signals and trade the probabilities confidently.

EDIT: I find it funny how I've just basically passed on the same advice in a different form given to me by Minch only moments ago. jeez, this trading thing throws up smoke and mirrors.

DB, cmon. Stop it. If you're learning this like me, you should realise by now getting involved around these sideways periods isn't worth the risk.

Stay out and take some profit when a move breaks, leave those chart patts for now - they shapeshift in these periods and bounce you around. You can jump in and get lucky or wait for real signals and trade the probabilities confidently.

EDIT: I find it funny how I've just basically passed on the same advice in a different form given to me by Minch only moments ago. jeez, this trading thing throws up smoke and mirrors.

i agree, wipsaw heaven at moment, im waiting for a good level I will be long at 4170 if it can get there might be tempted at 4180

break even, I can even use the call to sell ftse and will have hedge at 4200, my reasoning, changed from my first to the second post this morning, after seeing copper and crude prices. I still feel we will not close too badly at worse maybe minus 20pts, I think this because Friday was such a bad day and it is difficult to close below that bad day. I can still sell 4190 call for 14 and recoup the cost of the 4200 call, providing we close below 4190.

Ah ok SD, I'm still trying to get my head around this strategy you've got - really interesting.

But Friday wasn't too bad? We closed 10pts down on the day. You mean Thurs?

Interesting...bullish movements peppering the floor...i feel a possible long shaping up...

And Sujith and WS are long, always a key indicator :)

Im long 4181 half normal size stop @ 4160 target 4200

i will add to it at 4170 the other half if it gets there

Status
Not open for further replies.