Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistance 3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low)
Resistance 2 = Pivot + (R1 - S1)
Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot - Low
Pivot Point = ( High + Close + Low )/3
Support 1 = 2 * Pivot - High
Support 2 = Pivot - (R1 - S1)
Support 3 = Low - 2*(High - Pivot)

Where the close is market close and the high and low are prices from my IG platform. Normally these work very well, but I am a tad upset today I did not have a 4275 level for S1, mine was 4281 which is 5 points out, quite a lot.

WS uses prices from his platform.

LondonTrader, how about you?

I use this website to calculate my pivots - Pivot Point Calculator
and I use yahoo.com's ftse100's historical figure of yesterdays to get todays pivots.

You picked a difficult user name, L.L. for English speakers. Living where I do, I got it at once. You'll have to tell us the connection, when you have time.

Actually please, no one call me LL, I said that only because of Mr Cool J, it looks terrible written up there!

I think you're the only one who did Split!

I spent three weeks in Ramallah, Palestine, at the beginning of the second intifada as part of a peace mission of sorts. An Israeli incursion on the second day meant we were house bound apart from a couple of hours during the day when we rode ambulances with the red crescent.

One of the doctors in the ambulances was called Dr Jihad (I kid you not) and one day we were driving with a spanish priest (as you do) and he was reading aloud from the bible as we drove up the hills.

Ramallah, Palestine's de facto capital, 'gods heights', was originally a hill retreat for rich jordanians, and it is beautiful up there. I said as much: 'to think that in the beginning this was supposed to be a retreat for the rich, not a flashpoint' or something as insipid as that to make conversation.

But the priest laughed and said: 'In the beginning this was nothing, in the beginning was the word!' And he happened to at that moment be on the page (I think its John's Gospel?, in the beginning was the word...)

And he showed me La palabra, and I loved that word from then. It tickles when you say out loud. My 2 year old godson pronounces it pbbbbbbbtttttt with spit going everywhere, which also endears the word to me.

Thank you for posting your live calls Sujith ......

We are all here to learn off you my friend...

nothing of tht sort my frend. many a times i check my call when i update my performance and say.. how the heck i called it... n i term it as pure luck :p

july1st my trades
sell crude now at 71.2 sl 71.8 tgt 69.8 >>tgt met 945USD made (tht call was given for free at site yesterday before crude data)

gold bgt at 930 sl 827 tgt 938 met >>800USD profited

keep a buy in aud/usd at 8082 sl 8030 tgt 8123>>ofiicially tgt not met,but it stayed above entry level for very long time n i given trail stoploss to 8082 to clients. no profit-no loss.

sell us spx500 daily now at 921.2 sl 923.5 tgt 919 its do now>>stoploss hit loss 230 USD
buy germany 30 daily cash (dax) at 4830 sl 4802 tgt 4865 >>tgt hit profit 350usd

I have all my data amended to market trading hours only........

FTSE 8.00 - 16.30 data only

so pivots may vary

Sorry I should have mentioned, yes the highs/lows from my platform to calculate pivots are from market hours only

Reuters/Yahoo for actual close prices

Breakfast time

I have all my data amended to market trading hours only........

FTSE 8.00 - 16.30 data only

so pivots may vary

Hey ws - where do i need to look to amend data to market hours only? Using IG for charts and CMC for trading as you know.

And do you use the computer generated pivot points?

Thanks in advance:)

Hey ws - where do i need to look to amend data to market hours only? Using IG for charts and CMC for trading as you know.

For IG

ITCHARTS / OPTIONS / SET TIME ZONES AND TRADING HOURS

Actually please, no one call me LL, I said that only because of Mr Cool J, it looks terrible written up there!

I think you're the only one who did Split!

I spent three weeks in Ramallah, Palestine, at the beginning of the second intifada as part of a peace mission of sorts. An Israeli incursion on the second day meant we were house bound apart from a couple of hours during the day when we rode ambulances with the red crescent.

One of the doctors in the ambulances was called Dr Jihad (I kid you not) and one day we were driving with a spanish priest (as you do) and he was reading aloud from the bible as we drove up the hills.

Ramallah, Palestine's de facto capital, 'gods heights', was originally a hill retreat for rich jordanians, and it is beautiful up there. I said as much: 'to think that in the beginning this was supposed to be a retreat for the rich, not a flashpoint' or something as insipid as that to make conversation.

But the priest laughed and said: 'In the beginning this was nothing, in the beginning was the word!' And he happened to at that moment be on the page (I think its John's Gospel?, in the beginning was the word...)

And he showed me La palabra, and I loved that word from then. It tickles when you say out loud. My 2 year old godson pronounces it pbbbbbbbtttttt with spit going everywhere, which also endears the word to me.

fascinating stuff Mr. T. Word! we must have a chat about your adventures over a PM or two...

i'll bet some of the non arab populace had a bit of a start when dr. jihad turned up :eek: :LOL:

shame i didn't pick the meaning up, but then i've only just started to learn spanish (where are the toilets, and that's too expensive are sort of where i'm at right now :eek:)

I just use the pivot points from the IG charting software and CMC platform

you can also get pivots from here

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivot_points/pivot_points.php?symbol=^FTSE

I am also contemplating a short on S&P

potential target of 914

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (02-JUL-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (02-JUL-09).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 115
I just use the pivot points from the IG charting software and CMC platform

you can also get pivots from here

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/pivot_points/pivot_points.php?symbol=^FTSE

Cheers ws - just looked at the settings from La Palabra - you use 8.30 -4.35pm and US 2.30pm till 9pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.