Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of hours trading

Can anyone tell me whether you trade FTSE after 4.30pm? And if so does it behave the same as during usual trading hours?
I am looking at the FTSE which has dropped since the close when the SPX and NasDaq have stayed propped up.

Any input anyone?:)

If I were you I'd trade something that's open, like the SP500, if you don't like the
Dow.

After hours trading on Footsie can't be right, IMO. It will follow the US indices, I expect, in much the same way as the SP follows London in the morning, but the bookies, or Globex, are calling the prices You can't beat an exchange thats open, though, because of the volume.

i reckon if the spx can break down through this res (907.8) it could be 4240ish for the ftse

If I were you I'd trade something that's open, like the SP500, if you don't like the
Dow.

After hours trading on Footsie can't be right, IMO. It will follow the US indices, I expect, in much the same way as the SP follows London in the morning, but the bookies, or Globex, are calling the prices You can't beat an exchange thats open, though, because of the volume.

Thanks Splitlink!:D Where in Spain are you by the way? I lived in Murcia until February of this year.(y)

i reckon if the spx can break down through this res (907.8) it could be 4240ish for the ftse

Following Splitlinks comments i am not going to trade ftse out of hours. What he says make sense regarding market makers and there pricing. As there seems to be no correlation between the ftse and spx after the market closed it looks like the market makers are in control.

spx and nasdaq have hardly moved and yet ftse has retraced to 618 fib. If the anouncements later throw the us markets a bit negative then the ftse wont retrace up.

I think i will stick to open markets.

IMO:eek:

Following Splitlinks comments i am not going to trade ftse out of hours. What he says make sense regarding market makers and there pricing. As there seems to be no correlation between the ftse and spx after the market closed it looks like the market makers are in control.

spx and nasdaq have hardly moved and yet ftse has retraced to 618 fib. If the anouncements later throw the us markets a bit negative then the ftse wont retrace up.

I think i will stick to open markets.

IMO:eek:

yeah you're right kaisen, i shouldn't have opened that really, looked like a fairly obvious call though (then again they all do to me until they go pearshaped!).

daft trading in a market that they can make up as they go along!

aah, see what u mean mate, no i held on...osc div, lower highs, worked out ok in the end :)

i see, no probs, if you were in a trade and it has gone your way then all good. But i dont think it will behave as it should till open or nearing open tomorrow.

all the best

Looks like it's all quiet on the western front until the statement from the Fed.

Stats are bullish for the fed decision. The SPX has gone up 73% of the time on Fed day. VIX down over 5% hmmm. :D

short spx @ 907 hoping that was a confirmed rejection of the t line, plus some osc div on a couple of TFs

short spx @ 907 hoping that was a confirmed rejection of the t line, plus some osc div on a couple of TFs

Interesting I'm long 904 SPX with a tight SL at 901...

Only a few mins till the feds decision ooooh!!!! :D

GL Dr B

Status
Not open for further replies.