Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS, do you have any general system/rules/tips for trading a relationship between the DAX and FTSE? Just made a +10 scalp on a short from the ftse running away from all its EMAs only to turn over and find the Dax is doing something similar - not familiar with the DAX esp but know it goes hand in hand with the FTSE?

WS, do you have any general system/rules/tips for trading a relationship between the DAX and FTSE? Just made a +10 scalp on a short from the ftse running away from all its EMAs only to turn over and find the Dax is doing something similar - not familiar with the DAX esp but know it goes hand in hand with the FTSE?

I am not an expert with regards to that but i know Sir William is currently looking into the divergence/convergence of the two.

Generally speaking the DAX tends to lead the FTSE

take the price at present.......................DAX 4025...........DAX will cause the FTSE to fall!!

I am shorting DAX @ present and watch the FTSE fall with it............

IF DAX goes below 4000 convincingly then it will take the FTSE with it........and i will be selling FTSE as well!!

Hi Guys,
Lets lock in afew points, had news just come out on Housing and PPI, but id probably wait for the US bell to ring...

Hi WS,
I am a newbie as posted earlier, I am testing a system in MetaStock based on RSI and these are the results from backtesting on today's 1 min data for the FTSE 100.

My question, to you and other experienced traders on this thread is, are these figures realistic? how much actual points return can one expect when this is traded live? Also is the R/R ration, average points per trade, winning losing percentage look alright?

Any comments, suggestions, criticism appreicated.

Sorry, WS if this was not the correct thread to post, don't mean to hijack your thread! Just that you have been very helpful and thought you opinion, will be really worth the risk of your ire :)

If all this looks OK, and you guys don't shoot it down I will post the simple formula as well.

Regards

Attachments

• MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 169
  • MS2.jpg
    MS2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Hi WS,
I am a newbie as posted earlier, I am testing a system in MetaStock based on RSI and these are the results from backtesting on today's 1 min data for the FTSE 100.

My question, to you and other experienced traders on this thread is, are these figures realistic? how much actual points return can one expect when this is traded live? Also is the R/R ration, average points per trade, winning losing percentage look alright?

Any comments, suggestions, criticism appreicated.

Sorry, WS if this was not the correct thread to post, don't mean to hijack your thread! Just that you have been very helpful and thought you opinion, will be really worth the risk of your ire :)

If all this looks OK, and you guys don't shoot it down I will post the simple formula as well.

Regards

Interesting , good little system you have there based on just RSI, is that correct?

This isn't my thread, this is every ones thread .........everybody is welcome to post and ask any question related to the market !!

some good results.

What period are the results based on, 1 week , 2 week...etc !!

I have never back tested and I am not a big fan of back testing as there are several flaws but if it works for you and you have confidence in the system then go for it my friend.

There will be other people who are more qualified to give you a better answer.

but the system has given you good results, I'm impressed

Hi WS,
Thanks for your words of encouragement! It means a lot!

The system is just based on RSI and the results I posted were for 17th March 2009, entire trading day 09:00 to 17:30. I can post results for 1 week/month/year, but they would look unrealistic :)

I have taken the spread into account by showing it in the system as slippage, not commission. I am just not sure how realistic it would be to expect these returns in the live market.
Any idea where/how I can test this? I have metastock/quotecenter and ninjatrader/esignal. I tried to use ProBackTest in IG, but its not really up to scratch.

Regards,

Hi WS,

The system is just based on RSI and the results I posted were for 17th March 2009, entire trading day 09:00 to 17:30. I can post results for 1 week/month/year, but they would look unrealistic :)

I have taken the spread into account by showing it in the system as slippage, not commission. I am just not sure how realistic it would be to expect these returns in the live market.
Any idea where/how I can test this? I have metastock/quotecenter and ninjatrader/esignal. I tried to use ProBackTest in IG, but its not really up to scratch.

Regards,

The only way you will find out is if you trial it my friend using a small amount of capital, i certainly would?

the best person to ask is minime(he posted today at around 10am on this thread) and he will certainly help you as he is in to systematic trading. The last time i spoke to him he was busy programming his system into IG index, he is a very nice individual and will be more than happy to help ?

just PM him and tell him wallstreet told you to contact him?

The only way you will find out is if you trial it my friend using a small amount of capital, i certainly would?

the best person to ask is minime(he posted today at around 10am on this thread) and he will certainly help you as he is in to systematic trading. The last time i spoke to him he was busy programming his system into IG index, he is a very nice individual and will be more than happy to help ?

just PM him and tell him wallstreet told you to contact him?

Hi WS,
I am using this method, but the manual method is not working for me in the sense that emotions come into play and I either exit to early or hang on for longer than necessary. Hence the need for an automated setup, that would produce emotion free small but consistent returns. I do a 9-5 IT job as well, so have some programming knowledge. It would be nice to have a simple system running on your PC, whilst one goes about their day job and check on it once in a while.

I will contact minime and let you all know how I progress.

many thanks,

Hi WS,

Regards,

I also forgot that there is another chap called Dentist, he is very well informed regarding system trading.

I am sure he will read this thread and reply to you before you attempt to .

where art thou Dentist, your help is required here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.