Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
-8 pts loss expecting it to range and whadya know, the very bar that i open on ibecomes a positive one.

Morning all,
What is wrong with Rio tinto? is it the Chinese news about the monopoly in iron ore sector?
Down almost 20%

:eek:
Morning all,
What is wrong with Rio tinto? is it the Chinese news about the monopoly in iron ore sector?
Down almost 20%

Yes very strange indeed as metal prices are up!! Not sure what's going on here. Shocked to see Rio down almost 20%!!

RIO , could it be to do with ex rights ?

Morning all,
Down almost 20%

from RIO website

"Existing Rio Tinto Limited Shares quoted ex-rights 17 June 2009"

Morning all. I see we've retraced back to 4320. I think a failure to close above about 4330 and we'll look to be continuing south

Ended up pretty ugly! Was up 40 pts at 4.30 close and then went way...way south! I was having some success using automated buy and sell orders. This allowed buying and selling are keener mid prices. Entry based on CCL and RSI as well as EMA (100) and dollar strength/weakness etc and then setting sell at 3-5 pnts. Had a high degree of success but didnt listen to the market! Pig headed? Pride? Blind??
I thought there would be more resistance than there was at the lower ftse levels. Given 4300 had been resistance for so long, the dollar didnt collapse, oil didnt go wild in either direction, I was convinced we would bounce back up.
My short deals stealing 6 pnts later in the day were reducing the gap between one bad trade and where the market had moved to. In fact on a couple of occasions I could have got back out on top but I was convinced that we would get back to somewhere around were we closed at 4.30! So I stayed in looking for a good return on all the hard work I had done!

Was eventually stopped out at 4288 when I conceded!

As i say, I will review, increase the indicators I take not of and learn to listen to the market!!!!:whistling

do not trade after 16.30 anything for that matter. i have never ever managed to keep my profit. if you have to just do the us indices in the last hour. never ever do the european stuff 16.30 EVER!

do not trade after 16.30 anything for that matter. i have never ever managed to keep my profit. if you have to just do the us indices in the last hour. never ever do the european stuff 16.30 EVER!

Thanks FF, wrist well and truly slapped (and pocket!)

Any other definate no no´s (or do-do´sfor that matter).

On another note, so you know, further to your post about your most profitable trading times I have been up since 5am this morning!

Again, any tit bits you have throw them this way.

all the best:confused:

Broker´s trading bulletin

Hi everyone, please can you tell me if you find the following attachment useful? I get daily bulletins and wondered whether you would appreciate viewing them going forward?

All the best

Attachments

• cstb 17-06-09.pdf
    241 KB · Views: 180
Hi everyone, please can you tell me if you find the following attachment useful? I get daily bulletins and wondered whether you would appreciate viewing them going forward?

All the best

interesting report

yes my friend, I would be very grateful if you posted it on daily basis

thank you

interesting report

yes my friend, I would be very grateful if you posted it on daily basis

thank you

No problem.

I have just received this email back from a broker regarding rio and things in general....

They (Rio) have gone ex rights-21 for 40 at 1400p.
The FTSE100 is approaching what has twice been a support level at 4295. The trading range if this holds is up to c.4500.
I am interested in Barclays as I think they will trade back up to 300p. Nat Grid and Intl Power have both fallen markedly recently and they too look interesting. The Miners will look better when things have died down a bit.

As the man (ws) says....you trade at your own risk and should always trade on your own analysis!!(y)

short 4497

looks totally 50/50 though...range sitting bang on both short and long MA's and i do actually have a general up channel on the day so far...hope i've not jumped in too soon (and at the wrong end of the swing to maximise leverage).

Status
Not open for further replies.