Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see a poss short approaching at 4441? prob wait for retracement confirmation, but that could mean opening on the wrong side of 4444

cheers lapa, this is my biggest problem, firing off trades left right and centre...and IG's 4pt sodding spread.

CMC have a 2pts spread. Plus if you place a limit buy (or sell) you can get the mid price cutting the spread to 1pt.

By the way, what sources do you study? Or what have been the best for moving you forward? :smart:

CMC have a 2pts spread. Plus if you place a limit buy (or sell) you can get the mid price cutting the spread to 1pt.

By the way, what sources do you study? Or what have been the best for moving you forward? :smart:

i've only read 1 book so far kaisen, tech analysis by constance brown

:LOL: and now it falls... that takes the ****. Ah well, up a mighty 10pts for the week. :clap:

well up's better than the alternative at least leo :)

next week'll be brighter i'm sure (we can live in hope anyway :cheesy:).

30 year bond yield above 4.5%
stocks start to look unattractive

Attachments

• 30year.gif
    30year.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 126
You guys are seasoned traders of the S&P500 so i thought you may be able to help me with a few things... Through spreadbetting the S&P500 + FTSE100 i'm made enough cash that i'm ready to trade these markets direct through interactivebrokers.co.uk for the better spreads i will recieve because i think i could implement my scalping strategies more effectively.

I have all the details on the S&P500 (E-Mini S&P) but i cannot seem to find much on the FTSE100 futures markets and i can't find the ticker on IB's platform... Anyone know what it is?

Furthermore, in regards to contract size, what is recommendable size, for example how many $k per contract traded is normal/average...

What is the actual calculator for how much per point is one contract (I come from a Spreadbetting platform) so contract sizing quite confuses me, from my understanding one E-mini S&P500 contract is about £6 per point ? How is this calculated?

Is there any extra charges i should be aware of by holding positions overnight on the futures contracts ?

Does the FTSE100 have a E-mini market?

Finally, what is the main difference between the E-mini S&P500 and the S&P500 ?

Sorry for all the questions, just need to get all this straight in my head before i move over.

Thanks x

cricket match got rained off yesterday ....so the weekend feels strange with more rain forecast today !!

S&P 500 weekend analysis analysis

1 yr daily - indicators such as RSI and Williams R are showing oversold

chart looks like its struggling at the trend line

1000 seems to be the next level on the S&P ........stop loss just below 930 ......!!

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    23.5 KB · Views: 124
ws...930 support shows up nicely
8 day candles

Attachments

• 930 support.gif
    930 support.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 126
Anyone know where i can get more information and understanding of the E-mini S&P500, mini-dow, mini-ftse etc

? Thanks :)

4420 area is a major support area
14 day candles

Attachments

• 4420 area.gif
    4420 area.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 133
chart of the yield on the 10 year note as talked about by inthmoneystocks today

Attachments

• Chart of $TNX.gif
    Chart of $TNX.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 119