Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the big three FTSE companies to watch would be BP, Barclays and (a miner? Xstrata?). What do you think WS?

yes start studying and learning them charts inside out until it becomes natural for you to recognise support and resistance in your mind

Long at 4330, with breakeven position if it hits 4351. Stop loss 15pts.

4340. (10pts+)

Last edited:
This the reason why i have gone long on FTSE

60 min candle providing support @ important gap fill area 4310 .......

I have a stop loss just beneath it

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (21-MAY-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (21-MAY-09).png
    20.2 KB · Views: 112
Just went for a quick scalp and it didn't pay off this time. However,I'm long again at 4434, bigger stop this time.

every trader is different and has different strategies and I totally respect that my friends, but your stop loss is just way too small.

rather than trading at £1 a point and using 5 point stop loss

try trading at 50p per point and widen your stop loss please update us with the difference in your results

I personally believe it will increase your returns

but if you tried 25p per point and had a stop loss of 20 points...i think that would increase your rate of return even further

sorry If I have upset you

lol i nicked +3 as well ..not going into the stats though as not based on my own analysis..
4342 - 4346

thanks all good stuff

cheers for the explanantion ws/bennie.. having a read now.

i read or heard somewhere that some of the very big hitters in the market dont' use stop losses at all.. is this true?

every trader is different and has different strategies and I totally respect that my friends, but your stop loss is just way too small.

rather than trading at £1 a point and using 5 point stop loss

try trading at 50p per point and widen your stop loss please update us with the difference in your results

I personally believe it will increase your returns

but if you tried 25p per point and had a stop loss of 20 points...i think that would increase your rate of return even further

sorry If I have upset you

Each to their own I guess. I choose my stop depending on what I'm looking for out of the trade. On that occassion the market looked quite weak and so I wasn't going to let my losses drift + when I got back into the market I could recover this loss very quickly and easily. But WS you are right, generally its better to increase the stop for better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.