Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
These levels are based on FTSE cash during market hours of 8.00-16.30.

Camarilla Daily Pivots

H4 4481 Long breakout
H3 4463 SHORT
H2 4456
H1 4450

L1 4438
L2 4432
L3 4425 LONG
L4 4407 Short breakout

short 4370

please post stop loss , and target if possible

it will help you in your trading my friend, try and make it a habit

whenever you enter a trade you must always know entry , exit and stop loss

it will improve your trading my friend

long 4370 . No specific stop of profit target, but waiting for market to confirm. Will exit position when I am beat or have won according to my signals.

Good advice, its always good to have a plan even (especially ) if it goes horribly wrong

I bought a 1x short ftse etf yesterday close, not sure right now if I got lucky or if there is a general trend.
I dont have a proper plan for exit :p hence its not a spreadbet but I will form a stop loss when I can reassess (its a hedge)

stop loss variable ws and not always fixed..
in this instance it is 4384.

tp in the 4360 region t

i may close this out early either way tbh prof or loss..market on macd showing bulls holding firm even in consoldation

Last edited:
These levels are based on FTSE cash during market hours of 8.00-16.30.

Camarilla Daily Pivots

H4 4481 Long breakout
H3 4463 SHORT
H2 4456
H1 4450

L1 4438
L2 4432
L3 4425 LONG
L4 4407 Short breakout

thnaks bennie.. mine are quite different hence the problem with the SB charts.. which is why i find it even more confusing analyzing the posted charts due to varying price..

Last edited:
try and map the VIX on the USD and see if you get an inverse relationship?

My theory is as the vix falls then money goes abroad and dollars falls slightly.
If markets fall on general bad news and we tend to follow america of course then the dollar might reverse its recent weakness

vix is a wild indicator but it shows some correlation I think

If the ftse price channel is broken to the negative side, this is a strong signal negative right. So we now have resistance at the previous support line

ForexTV MarketVision Education - Advanced Technical Analysis - Continuation Patterns - Price Channels

Res- 4425 Long term stop loss 4445 ?

Last edited:
i just use IG''s and Capital Spreads in the main bennie

i want to remain with the SB firms as it suits my situation/requirements and style of trading i want to follow.. but guess i will forever have this issue when comparing with people who trade on true paltfroms and use chart packages that reflect that.. unless there is a way round that ?

edit: closed 4362 manually.. + 8 inc spread

Last edited:
thnaks bennie.. mine are quite different hence the problem with the SB charts.. which is why i find it even more confusing analyzing the posted charts due to varying price..

4469 Long breakout
H3 4440 SHORT
H2 4430
H1 4420

L1 4400
L2 4390
L3 4380 LONG
L4 4351 Short breakout

this is what i have for today bennie..

using calls to repair a bad trade,
Long ftse £10/pt from 4425, market moves to 4370, u are down £550 , instead of selling and taking loss, u can sell the June 4525 call and receive, £530 (30 days to expiry). So now you have wiped out a £550 loss, but u have sold the upside of your trade to the call holder, you maximum profit is now £1000 add the premium of £530, £1530

long 4364 no def tp or stop as yet

edit:closed at 4355.8 +9 incl spread

sorry that should read short 4364 lol...thats the long and short of it..

using calls to repair a bad trade,
Long ftse £10/pt from 4425, market moves to 4370, u are down £550 , instead of selling and taking loss, u can sell the June 4525 call and receive, £530 (30 days to expiry). So now you have wiped out a £550 loss, but u have sold the upside of your trade to the call holder, you maximum profit is now £1000 add the premium of £530, £1530

Seems OK to me. Just sketched it out on a bit of paper using my basic options theory and it's basically the same as having sold a put option. Only consideration is the spreads but if you're now convinced your original idea was wrong, it's a good way to reduce your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.