Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
francis i get your daily email..thanks
do you happen to have any stats on how the signals have performed over time..i imagine well

no probs if not just asking..

i am testing it all at the moment basically i want to do a live room in the future so i can siphen out the crap and give my own recs. long way off yet.

like the one it gave this arvo BUY 4469.80000000 about an hour ago, from analysis i would have got in 4444 but it is doinking up and down. i would prefer to have sold like i did from 4500 area... i have no real interest personally until it breaks out from 4444 down or 4514 up.

Thanks for the write-up, Francis. I've only actively traded on CS (and I think TradeFair is CS wearing another hat?) and haven't even logged in on my IG account (Fisher Price, love it!). Will definitely refer back to your comments when looking around (y)

with anything trading related you never till you go. what i like you might hate. shop around.

short term MA moving upward through a long term MA is a good sign right? we seem to be still moving sideways...

Attachments

• ftse 4 crop.jpg
    ftse 4 crop.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 106
i am testing it all at the moment basically i want to do a live room in the future so i can siphen out the crap and give my own recs. long way off yet.

like the one it gave this arvo BUY 4469.80000000 about an hour ago, from analysis i would have got in 4444 but it is doinking up and down. i would prefer to have sold like i did from 4500 area... i have no real interest personally until it breaks out from 4444 down or 4514 up.

Exactly what my analysis is saying too. The other point worth mentioning in the afternoon session is that frequently the FTSE stops respecting its S and R lines to simply move with the S&P/Dow. Can't stress this enough for anyone trading the FTSE after about 1pm, and why I normally sit on the sidelines until things settle down a bit around 3pm even when its not flatlining like today.

Exactly what my analysis is saying too. The other point worth mentioning in the afternoon session is that frequently the FTSE stops respecting its S and R lines to simply move with the S&P/Dow. Can't stress this enough for anyone trading the FTSE after about 1pm, and why I normally sit on the sidelines until things settle down a bit around 3pm even when its not flatlining like today.

yeah i've found that frag, a lot of analysis that the pre DOW FTSE respects goes out the window at 2.30.

nice wirte up francis - do you mind if i could tease just a little breath out of you on Capital SPreads and your findings please?

i hold one of several accounts with them and found a few issues with platform and as with Ig the charting s/w is basic, but be nice get some more info on them.

i like you intend to do my time and move on to futuresbetting.. howvever i feel a little trapped because i want to continue with spreabetting as it suits me, but would prefer top notch charting packages and feeds to learn/gauage my methods on.. however there will be a discrepency with most SB firms wouldnt there on the charting to the real feed and live price wouldnt there?.. have you any idea how i can tackle this otherwise i'll be trading on a platform that has little price association with the chart im trading from...if that makes sense?

apologies WS for hijacking the thread.

im not overly concerned about charting from any one vendor as long as i have a bar chart then that is all i need. There is a difference between ODL & iii/cityindex/finspreads prices to etx cash/dealingdirect rolling

There are so many differences and pitfalls and errors and glitches hitches fills no fills slips etc that they are bound to win in the end.

tbh i think you have to get one you are happy with and go for it. it is down to you at the end of the day but trust me i know all the mega cool traders on this forum bang on about how they are profitable blah blah but the vendors really do make a difference to your round trip performance.

that is why i think all round odl spreadbetting is my choice with tradefair as backup.

you will have noticed nearly all the vendors i mentioned use it-finance. when you get over 30 mins on some of the charts they do not update like metatrader/cmc charts do.

find something solid and go for it. declutter, cut down the amount of stuff you need, cut down the excuses.

you are the holy grail.

out @ 4479 +6 incl spread

+20 ish today

gonna watch for while and play by ear now and wait for something to give me a right hook on konk befoire thinking about getting back in..

good luck if your in..

as they say in NY... it's cawafee time..

out @ 4479 +6 incl spread

+20 ish today

gonna watch for while and play by ear now and wait for something to give me a right hook on konk befoire thinking about getting back in..

good luck if your in..

as they say in NY... it's cawafee time..

Well done, mate! Wish I could say the same, -15 at the mo :(

i'm outide of my analysis now (for what it's worth anyway!), but i think i might chance a long if it comes back down to 4473-4, seems to respecting my short term MA.

Wow what did geithner say at the TARP meeting then? I guess that is what is moving everything right now?

man, this is all over the place! it just took out my stop then fired off the opposite direction...i'm out

Looks like you and Dr B are the only ones trading :) I can't get a handle on which way the damn thing's going! :confused:

This rally stinks .........

I did say it was going to be hard trading today

I have now set up a short FTSE 4490 ....1 contract ........stop loss 4700

I have shorted DAX 1 contract 5050 ....stop loss 5150

I am willing to risk £300 of my capital in return for a more than double/triple return!!

lets see how this goes

i am off to sleep now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.