Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really like the look and feel of igindex and the possible functionaility (trailing stop and bactesting somewhere but cant find it though lol) prefer their platform to others...

but even there without the guranteed stop the spread is +2.. why pay more rent than you need to imo. ;-)

signals..........i'm confused?

so you trade with out stop losses or targets my friend, how do you know when to exit and take profits?

I just can't get my head around an automated system, brain vs machine!! I prefer brain ....

so what are your results on your first day my friend?

Not at all WS.

I trade with 10 pt stops every time. I am intraday. I dont trade overnight. My entry and exits are around pivots, with my early morning analysis giving me a good idea of what to expect with larger levels longer than intraday.

It is about patience. pick the opportunities off like a batsman hits the loose balls. think like a cricketer be a machine.

relentless.

i am trading upon the signals that are being generated to my blog. sure it was choppy nr 4500 but pick the moment. For instance when we failed to hold 4500....

ok, my chart is showing a poss change of direction. once again 4444 seems to be rejected. i have it either goings sideways, or very possibly the start of a direction change. but then i'm usually always wrong :cheesy:

if we break 4470 and then a retracement of my up T line holds, i'll be going long, from around the 4460 area. target of 4477 which is my upper trend channel.

this is rangebound. 4444 - 4514

may want to sit it out.

on another note spreadbetting vendors - i wont call them brokers just yet.

so far I have tested

iii/cityindex/finspreads 2 pip ftse/dax
Capitalspreads 1pip ftse/dax
ETX 2 pip ftse/dax
ODL 1pip ftse/dax
tradefair 1pip ftse/dax
Dealing Desk 1pip ftse/dax
CMC Markets

Here are my findings in order for my style...

ODL 1pip ftse/dax - solid and sl entry at point of order nice.
tradefair 1pip ftse/dax - fast solid - have to go back to amend sl - slightly dodge

Dealing Desk 1pip ftse/dax - fast but kept crashing have to go back to amend sl but better than tf in that respect. just sort the crashing out!!

ETX 2 pip ftse/dax - ok bit clunky and 2 pips... bleh

Capitalspreads 1pip ftse/dax - not worth my breath
CMC Markets - not worth my breath

ig - will only give me a fischer price account
gft - ridiculous opening cost - can only get a mini
futuresbetting - £10 per point to high for me until ive done my 3yrs of learning to trade.

i am not affiliated with any of these. these have all been tested live by me.

ok, my chart is showing a poss change of direction. once again 4444 seems to be rejected. i have it either goings sideways, or very possibly the start of a direction change. but then i'm usually always wrong :cheesy:

if we break 4470 and then a retracement of my up T line holds, i'll be going long, from around the 4460 area. target of 4477 which is my upper trend channel.

well it's going the right way, not quite retraced all the way back to my trendline yet, think i'll sit on the sidelines until i have stronger confirmation.

plus i have a triangle forming with my T line and 4469 level.

this is rangebound. 4444 - 4514

may want to sit it out.

on another note spreadbetting vendors - i wont call them brokers just yet.

so far I have tested

iii/cityindex/finspreads 2 pip ftse/dax
Capitalspreads 1pip ftse/dax
ETX 2 pip ftse/dax
ODL 1pip ftse/dax
tradefair 1pip ftse/dax
Dealing Desk 1pip ftse/dax
CMC Markets

Here are my findings in order for my style...

ODL 1pip ftse/dax - solid and sl entry at point of order nice.
tradefair 1pip ftse/dax - fast solid - have to go back to amend sl - slightly dodge

Dealing Desk 1pip ftse/dax - fast but kept crashing have to go back to amend sl but better than tf in that respect. just sort the crashing out!!

ETX 2 pip ftse/dax - ok bit clunky and 2 pips... bleh

Capitalspreads 1pip ftse/dax - not worth my breath
CMC Markets - not worth my breath

ig - will only give me a fischer price account
gft - ridiculous opening cost - can only get a mini
futuresbetting - £10 per point to high for me until ive done my 3yrs of learning to trade.

i am not affiliated with any of these. these have all been tested live by me.

nice wirte up francis - do you mind if i could tease just a little breath out of you on Capital SPreads and your findings please?

i hold one of several accounts with them and found a few issues with platform and as with Ig the charting s/w is basic, but be nice get some more info on them.

i like you intend to do my time and move on to futuresbetting.. howvever i feel a little trapped because i want to continue with spreabetting as it suits me, but would prefer top notch charting packages and feeds to learn/gauage my methods on.. however there will be a discrepency with most SB firms wouldnt there on the charting to the real feed and live price wouldnt there?.. have you any idea how i can tackle this otherwise i'll be trading on a platform that has little price association with the chart im trading from...if that makes sense?

well it's going the right way, not quite retraced all the way back to my trendline yet, think i'll sit on the sidelines until i have stronger confirmation.

plus i have a triangle forming with my T line and 4469 level.

db thanks for that.. i confess i will be ordering these and reading before i move on to the more porfessinoal read and before i can claim to understand what you mean i depth lol..:)

Technical Analysis for Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)): Barbara Rockefeller: Amazon.co.uk: Books

on another note spreadbetting vendors

Thanks for the write-up, Francis. I've only actively traded on CS (and I think TradeFair is CS wearing another hat?) and haven't even logged in on my IG account (Fisher Price, love it!). Will definitely refer back to your comments when looking around (y)

long 4472, target 4482

oops, just noticed, could be running into another triangle...wish i'd looked more closely before i opened...hope 4470 is good res.

positive territory on the triangle now thank god.

i've closed it for 3 pt loss (inside my spread)...i don't have much confidence in it...things seem a little weak.

Last edited:
i'll post my current chart for you to have a look at carlos, might give u some ideas (or then again not!)

It's totally range bound awaiting the US open, with the US futures giving no real direction yet. Sitting on the side lines until closer to 3pm myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.