US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, what I am trying to do is to tie the path into something that I know, so the waves are in certain numbers when possible like ABC, or 1-3-5 etc..

the 268 is what I had in mind today, but although I said the market would be choppy and end in negative, I am disappointed we are not getting more out of the "up" waves....

Z, sorry, forgot to answer, I am flat on the side, not doing anything...I will be honest with you, I got signals to go long here with a stop below 990, but with the SPIRAL looming, I just dont think i want to be anything but short....just a gut feel, but i have like everyone else been pusished when I didnt listen to the gut

Hi. I decided I wasn't going to trade the moves today.....but I have. Unfortunetly I made a poor trade earlier on, losing 20 points. I'm presently short from 9285, which is looking good so far.
I think I'll either take the points very soon or leave a stop. I don't intend trading tonight.

Tom,
thanks.Looking at a chart of an older path I think I see what you mean about "certain numbers"
Still holding my Dax short from highs this AM.Doesn't want to go much higher.

Steve, nice play...that Dax can be a really $$$ spinner or a major headache if on the wrong side :)

where is CJ this evening

Steve, you have held it since this morning...you really are a patient man, can I buy some of that patience?

bottomdollar - the reason you got that message is because you've already voted for me, and the system just permits one vote. :D

SS- I noticed you said you put a short in with relation to the path, actually the path at 16.07 looks like it should be at the start of a nice up move ?

chester, there was a kink there and that was what I played for. I felt that the waves up today was dubious and the waves down however small was powerfulll... I was in profit almost immediately and it paid well...I only played it for a 3-lot because I felt it could be risky...

hope this helps Chester...Are you still short?

Well,it wern't going up.Hit it's highs of recent weeks and backed off.Same as CAC,couldn't get thru 3180.Little upside risk unless another steller US performance.
Will swap some patience for lunar enlightenment!!

nice play Chester,

Z. I might put an order in but I am going to the TIVOLI tonight ( CJ,rememeber the TIVOLI ?) so I wont be here...

Sun

Tom - I'm using 9330 on the Dow as my stop on the Dax.

Went for Oct Dax because its higher than the daily quote (unlike all the other indices) and more generally:

1)the german economy is cack
2)their currency is cack
3)the Dax is full of cack (and a lot of the rise in friday were due to specific dow stocks)

I was thinking of holding the position till expiry - however you have made me nervous with all this talk of another wave up on the dow?

Sorry Z, only trying to help you make ££££££, and I TOTALLY agree with all the scheize and Cack you are talking about...there are people in the know who says there unemployment in running into the 12%s...scary...

but anyway, it is a volatile beast so be carefull

Me too!

Basically I'm trading the dow/S&P but using the Oct Dax as the instrument of choice (I wanted to be short for spooky Tuesday as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.