UK Politics

NO ! Who would have thought ...... ?​

----------------------------------------------------​

Burglar freed early from overcrowded prison just four months into his 18-month sentence went on burglary and theft spree​

• Joshua Bassett, 26, carried out 23 new crimes within weeks of being released

. . . in spite of the fact that he [Biden] clearly has no idea what day of the week it is or what country he's nominally the President of. . .
Okay, I admit it, I got this very slightly wrong. Biden might - just about - know he's President of the United States, albeit that his Vice-President is Trump! However, he thinks (I use the verb in the loosest sense possible!) that Putin is President of Ukraine. The irony is that if that were the case, then the war would be over, the death and destruction would stop and we could all go back to pre-Feb' 2022 state of affairs when almost no one knew where the Donbas was - much less cared who owned it.

As this thread is about U.K. Politics - I'll make this post more topical by adding that Rachel Reeves - the new Chancellor of the Exchequer - has said the country's finances are in a far worse state than she imagined (code for tax hikes in her Autumn budget) and yet, Starmer is happy to commit £3billion per annum of British taxpayers money to Ukraine. So, which is it: is the country broke or is there seemingly any amount of money to continue to fund a forever war which can't be won, is of no benefit whatsoever to anyone in Britain and risks escalating into a nuclear conflict? Paul Embery gets it spot on in this GBNews interview . . .

Labour moves to ban puberty blockers permanently as new Health Secretary Wes Streeting plans to stop them being given to children by any means​

• Emergency law to ban puberty blockers were introduced by Tory party