Trump Presidency and the Consequences

You really are not very good with statistics, analysis or comparing apples with apples are you CV?

Stop and think for a moment!

How long has Hollande been President and what was his rating and popularity 60 days into his election.

Alternatively, come back and post Trumps popularity rating when his matched Hollande's time in service assuming Trump lasts that long and doesn't resign avoiding impeachment. :whistling

Waddya mean?

I'm just providing balance on the thread :LOL:

If it good enough for you lefties to spout bollux, then it's good enough for me to do the same (y)

Waddya mean?

I'm just providing balance on the thread

If it good enough for you lefties to spout bollux, then it's good enough for me to do the same

How exactly is Trump's unpopularity "bollux"? It isn't made up.

If you want to provide balance on the thread, provide something that's well-reasoned and supported by evidence.

I see an important difference, here. Hollande has an election in a month. Trump has just got in and has five years to go.

Impeaching a President is a nasty business and, unless he resigns, that is the only way.

Being unpopular will not get him out, any more than it did Hollande.

FWIW, American Presidents have four-year terms. As for the effects of unpopularity, that in itself will not "get him out", but it will shorten his coattails considerably and increase the likelihood that Democrats regain control of the House and Senate, decreasing his influence. He can still embarrass us, but that's about it.

How exactly is Trump's unpopularity "bollux"? It isn't made up.

If you want to provide balance on the thread, provide something that's well-reasoned and supported by evidence.

He's in office, the people voted him in. That's all we need to know.

Weather he is popular or not is completely irrelevant , he is still the president of all these states.

Attachments

• map of states where trump is president.jpg
    map of states where trump is president.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 89

Weather he is popular or not is completely irrelevant , he is still the president of all these states.

With a little help from his Russian friends which is against the rules :whistling

Said the man; elections are fixed and he wouldn't accept the results. ;)

It's not irrelevant at all, given the mid-term elections that are coming up. See my reply to Splitlink.

Rick Perry complains of “stolen” election after Texas A&M elects its first openly gay student body president

What's that something about dishing things out?

"And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers."

When Trump was told by [Time's] Michael Scherer that President Richard Nixon was on the cover more, he replied, “I’m sure I’ll win.”

So he doesn't care that the article is unfavorable; he cares only that he's on the cover.

Love it.

Those whose universe hasn't included Donald Trump (being a tabloid darling for decades, he's been impossible to avoid here) may not understand his avoidance of responsibility and his focus on placing the blame for failures elsewhere (his bankruptcies are only one example). Obama is simply a bright, shiny object to divert attention from all that has gone and is going wrong with the Trump "presidency". As for his plan, he doesn't have one other than to do whatever appeals to his peeps so that they will cheer him (notice where he regularly goes for his speeches and rallies). But there's only so much one can do with executive orders. And all of this will wind down quickly.

No matter how this resolves itself, Trump will find someone or something else to blame, which is why, like Nixon, it is far more likely that he will resign than allow himself to be impeached.

Obama blamed everything wrong on Bush for all 8 years instead of quietly changing things.

Peter

Obama blamed everything wrong on Bush for all 8 years instead of quietly changing things.

Peter

Yes. That, and on the %1, and on race relations. It amuses me that people bitch and moan about the %1, when the %1 are people like public servants whose salaries put them above $200K or even $300K. These are not politicians either. Basically, it is ok if you make bank as long as you work for the government and not yourself. Make $250K as a banker, shame on you. Make $250K as a public servant, you deserve it. :whistling

"Everybody's going to be covered. I'm going to take care of everybody." Trump 9/27/15

"The new plan is good. It's going to be inexpensive. It's going to be much better for the people at the bottom, people that don't have any money." Trump, 2/18/16

"You're going to end up with great healthcare for a fraction of the price. And that's going to take place immediately." Trump, 2/19/16

"We're going to have insurance for everybody." Trump, 1/15/17

"We're gonna come up with a new pan that's going to be better health care for more people at a lesser cost." Trump, 1/25/17

And "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated." Trump, February 28, 2017

This article is quite damning of Trump's lies and clearly displays his lack of abilities.

What a fraud!!! No surprises here!!!

Trump's public comments about the healthcare bill gave individual Republicans in Congress two pieces of information that reduced their incentive to compromise with him about the bill's contents:

Trump doesn't really care what the bill does, exactly, so long as he can sign it and say that it "repeals and replaces" Obamacare.

Trump really, really wants to sign some bill quickly so he can get past this healthcare chore and move on to fun topics like trade and taxes.

You don't walk into a negotiation and tell your counterparty that you're desperate to make a deal fast and on any terms. But Trump did just that, which is why Freedom Caucus members knew the White House was bluffing when it claimed the bill was closed and wouldn't be amended further.

Trump eventually seemed to realize this error, claiming if no bill passed by Friday, he wouldn't participate in future efforts to repeal Obamacare.

But that threat was implausible because of his prior admissions. He should have read his own book:

“The worst thing you can possibly do in a deal is seem desperate to make it.” – The Art of The Deal.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 25, 2013

Just wondering if you guys have seen the documentary "The four horsemen!"

Well worth watching imho. (y)

Peter

I'm not an American so I concede to you as being more knowledgeable. In fact, watch it! I am looking to you and others for unbiased advice!

I thought that Obama failed to get what he promised changed because the Republicans blocked him in Congress.

In fact, I have always thought that France and US had that flaw of President and Senate being separate.

In the UK and Spain, the parties select their leader who, then, becomes PM, or President,in the event their winning an election. Isn't that more advantageous?

What is the point of having a Democrat for president with a Republican House?

Last edited: