Trump Presidency and the Consequences

The Obama era is over. Here's how the military rates his legacy

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/obama-legacy-military

His moves to slim down the armed forces, move away from traditional military might and overhaul social policies prohibiting the service of minority groups have proven divisive in the ranks. His critics have accused him of trading a strong security posture for political points, and for allowing the rise of terrorists like the Islamic State group whom the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to silence.

Peter

The Obama era is over. Here's how the military rates his legacy

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/obama-legacy-military

His moves to slim down the armed forces, move away from traditional military might and overhaul social policies prohibiting the service of minority groups have proven divisive in the ranks. His critics have accused him of trading a strong security posture for political points, and for allowing the rise of terrorists like the Islamic State group whom the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to silence.

Peter

I disagree. Bush and the republicans left the US in disarray and badly damaged in reputation and bleeding tax payers money, not to mention many private security contractors (effectively privatised military operatives) feeding off tax payers money.

He pulled back from the brink of US losing the dollar standard and got Osama Bin Ladin which Bush, for his might could not do in 8 years.

I'm sure it was a surprise when they caught next to Intelligence HQ of Pakistan a key US ally. Moreover a man who was in the last years of his life hooked to kidney dialysis machine.

On one side we have bush rumsfeld cheney wolfowitz who between them ruined the US army and her reputation and then on the other you have Obama and Clinton who restored it.

Rest of the World can see it but proud yanks can't. :(

Shocking stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/obamas-transgender-policy-devastating-military/

“One of the nation’s leading experts on military experts calls the Obama administration’s policy of allowing transgender troops to serve openly “more than irresponsible” and says the impact of the administration’s fiscal and social policies on the nation’s Armed Forces is “devastating.”

At the news briefing, he was not even aware that this change that he just put his hand to will put into the Military Equal Opportunity non-discrimination policies, sexual minorities including transgenders, as if they were a special class,” she said.

Donnelly said she has no animosity toward transgenders, but they should not be in the military.

“Your heart goes out to these people, but this is not the responsibility of the Armed Forces of the United States,” said Donnelly."

Moreover, as a consequence of Bush and Blairs actions over the Iraq war with their lies re: 9/11 & WMD they have belittled and greatly damaged Western democracy and her institutions.

Obama restored US credibility on the international stage.

Trump right now has turned US into a clown and the international community united against her.

I'm afraid it may not seem to matter but these dynamics in international relations will tell in the years to come. Same applies for the UK to some extent with Brexit.

I disagree. Bush and the republicans left the US in disarray and badly damaged in reputation and bleeding tax payers money, not to mention many private security contractors (effectively privatised military operatives) feeding off tax payers money.

He pulled back from the brink of US losing the dollar standard and got Osama Bin Ladin which Bush, for his might could not do in 8 years.

I'm sure it was a surprise when they caught next to Intelligence HQ of Pakistan a key US ally. Moreover a man who was in the last years of his life hooked to kidney dialysis machine.

On one side we have bush rumsfeld cheney wolfowitz who between them ruined the US army and her reputation and then on the other you have Obama and Clinton who restored it.

Republican's know no end to taking the national interest out of politics to get their balls off screwing the people of this good world; external and domestic to the USA. :eek::eek::eek:

Rest of the World can see it but proud yanks can't. :(

Shocking stuff!

Republican yanks, no. But everybody else sees it quite clearly. But then the Republicans have always been afflicted by the John Wayne syndrome (who, interestingly, never served a day in the military).

For those who remember 9/11, as opposed to those who have just read about it, the outpouring of sympathy and support the world over at the time was truly extraordinary. But Bush and Cheney crapped it all away by invading the wrong country and dragging those who were at the time allies into the mess, all of which was handed over to Obama after seven frigging years of pointless warfare.

If GW had been able to set aside the insults and threats to his father (and Cheney's greed) and at least invade the right country, we might not be in this mess. But history does have a way of working its way down a particular path, even when time-travelers attempt to chart a different course.

Moreover, as a consequence of Bush and Blairs actions over the Iraq war with their lies re: 9/11 & WMD they have belittled and greatly damaged Western democracy and her institutions.

Trump right now has turned US into a clown and the international community united against her.

I'm afraid it may not seem to matter but these dynamics in international relations will tell in the years to come. Same applies for the UK to some extent with Brexit.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438125/obamas-muslim-outreach-nightmare

"The new message of the Obama administration was that the Islamic world was understandably hostile because of what America had done rather than what it represented. Accordingly, all mention of radical Islam, and even the word “terrorism,” was airbrushed from the new administration’s vocabulary. Words to describe terrorism or the fight against it were replaced by embarrassing euphemisms like “overseas contingency operations,” “man-caused disaster,” and “workplace violence.”"

Republican yanks, no. But everybody else sees it quite clearly. But then the Republicans have always been afflicted by the John Wayne syndrome (who, interestingly, never served a day in the military).

For those who remember 9/11, as opposed to those who have just read about it, the outpouring of sympathy and support the world over at the time was truly extraordinary. But Bush and Cheney crapped it all away by invading the wrong country and dragging those who were at the time allies into the mess, all of which was handed over to Obama after seven frigging years of pointless warfare.

If GW had been able to set aside the insults and threats to his father (and Cheney's greed) and at least invade the right country, we might not be in this mess. But history does have a way of working its way down a particular path, even when time-travelers attempt to chart a different course.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...cate-trumps-claim-of-911-muslim-celebrations/

"Contemporaneous reports and eyewitnesses prove once and for all that some number of Muslims did in fact celebrate the collapse of the Twin Towers. Trump was not only right on this point, but by pressing the matter he has forced the DC Media to uncover a truth they did not want to tell.

This appeared in the Washington Post on September 18, 2001:

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

"Obama restored US credibility on the international stage."

He did what !?

He withdrew from the world and left power vacuums everywhere which were filled by Russia, China, Iran and others; much to the consternation of America's allies world wide.

Now I fear Trump will continue the withdrawal into fortress America.

It is nice to see the House of Lords not bending over and grabbing its ankles the way Blair did. And it's nice to see Le Pen losing ground.

Assessing history in real time is a lot more difficult than looking back on it, with a few exceptions (1967 being one of them; we knew exactly how bad it was).

He did what !?

He withdrew from the world and left power vacuums everywhere which were filled by Russia, China, Iran and others; much to the consternation of America's allies world wide.

Or rather chose to back away from the Big Brother role and encourage/force the rest of the world to haul its own baggage. The world has been bitching for decades about American interference, but when it comes to foreign aid . . .

But then this thread isn't about Obama.

He did what !?

Now I fear Trump will continue the withdrawal into fortress America.

Yes well those forces cost money and interfere in other nations political interests.

If you want to fight wars go and fight them your self instead of weakening US position. You are much like one of those parasitic birds feeding off the rear of a rhino. US marines were being killed almost daily with IEDs coming home in body bags in the name of policing these daft countries where no US interest really existed.

General Norman Schwarzkopf is correct when he says the US army is a military fighting force and not a police peace keeping force.

There is NATO and UN troops for that.

Generally speaking, you don't go to war with anyone unless they are threatening you.
But there are exceptions: there was a good case for the 1991 war after Sadman Insane invaded Kuwait, just as there was against Serbia when they were out slaughtering their neighbours.
As for wars of regime change a la Bush and Blair, perpetrating wars of aggression on that basis seem almost criminal to me. Not just against sovereign nations, but above all having patriotic American and British lives and limbs and families destroyed for what exactly?
Bu**er all (n)

Anyway, Atilla, who are you calling a parasitic bird with its beak in a rhino's anus?
I do like your colourful language even when you are speaking out of......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Both the UK and the US have had leaders with no experience of the agonies of war so seem readier to use force needlessly in the perceived pursuit of their alleged national interests - or even worse - "moral" beliefs.

Trump has appointed a lot of generals to his administration and contrary to the left wing belief that generals are all war mongers, I suspect they will be much less likely to want to wage war than the left expect. I might be wrong about that, but hopefully they will act as a restraint on a rash and self indulgent Trump.

Generally speaking, you don't go to war with anyone unless they are threatening you.
But there are exceptions: there was a good case for the 1991 war after Sadman Insane invaded Kuwait, just as there was against Serbia when they were out slaughtering their neighbours.
As for wars of regime change a la Bush and Blair, perpetrating wars of aggression on that basis seem almost criminal to me. Not just against sovereign nations, but above all having patriotic American and British lives and limbs and families destroyed for what exactly?
Bu**er all (n)

Anyway, Atilla, who are you calling a parasitic bird with its beak in a rhino's anus?
I do like your colourful language even when you are speaking out of......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Doooo you know Osama bin-ladin wanted to fight against Saddam's forces using his US trained Mujahaddin (with dollops of experience fighting the hardy Russians)???

They denied him this role and title and hired Bush Seniors troops instead to save their bacon and paid the US billions as hired missionaries to kick his ass out of Kuwait.

I have A-level art you know... I'm good with colourful strokes too. Don't tell Timsk ;)

We felt pretty threatened on the morning of the 11th, in September. And the idea that we would respond by doing nothing was never entertained.

What would England do if someone flew a 747 into Big Ben?

Doooo you know Osama bin-ladin wanted to fight against Saddam's forces using his US trained Mujahaddin (with dollops of experience fighting the hardy Russians)???

They denied him this role and title and hired Bush Seniors troops instead to save their bacon and paid the US billions as hired missionaries to kick his ass out of Kuwait.

We also supported Hussein at one point. But it helps to view this without hindsight. It's difficult in real time to know whom to support. But taking on full responsibility for the task means sending thousands of American troops over there and sacrificing them for no clearly-defined reason. Given our experience in Viet Nam, this option was off the table.

We also supported Hussein at one point. But it helps to view this without hindsight. It's difficult in real time to know whom to support. But taking on full responsibility for the task means sending thousands of American troops over there and sacrificing them for no clearly-defined reason. Given our experience in Viet Nam, this option was off the table.

The reason was money.

US received billions of dollars and sale of weapons.

Some men and corporations became very cash flushed over that 9/11 fiasco.

Nobody could have imagined anything like this could have occurred according to Condelezza Rice but Dick Chain my ass had a test simulation on the very same day about terrorists flying aeroplanes into sky scrapers.

WHO ON EARTH COULD HAVE IMAGINED THAT FREAKING COINCIDENCE is what I'd like to know. :-0

This site info is well worth reading.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rt_12.htm&gws_rd=cr&ei=Tr_BWM-ZM4ybgAaSw5XgAQ

I hope one day the truth will come out and people will wake up to the crime that took place that day. :cry: