Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Does GOP’s health plan keep Trump’s promises?

The new House Republican legislation to repeal and replace ObamaCare gives President Trump a chance to fulfill one of his most touted campaign promises.

“My first day in office, I am going to ask Congress to put a bill on my desk getting rid of this disastrous law and replacing it with reforms that expand choice, freedom, affordability,” Trump told supporters during an October rally in Florida.

As the GOP nominee, Trump made opposition to the healthcare law a major portion of his presidential campaign, at times making lofty claims about what the future of care would look like in his administration.

While the party couldn’t agree on a plan by Trump’s first day in office, the president embraced the new GOP plan after it was unveiled Tuesday, calling it “our wonderful new healthcare bill” on Twitter.

But, perhaps in a nod to the mounting concerns from within his own party, Trump added that the legislation is “out for review and negotiation,” leaving the door open for changes now and subsequent bills to finalize the full repeal-and-replace.

One of Trump’s most surprising claims came back in September of 2015 when he effectively called for universal healthcare coverage through an undefined shift away from ObamaCare.

“Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say, because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private,’” Trump said on CBS’s “60 Minutes.”

“I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now. … The government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan, and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies, and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.”

I googled US Health Care System and it came back with About 524,000,000 results (0.67 seconds)

I then googled american healthcare system explained and it came back with About 35,300,000 results (0.54 seconds)

I then thought hang on a minute and googled summary of us healthcare system and it came back with About 113,000,000 results (0.96 seconds)

We used the KhanAcademy for learning teaching maths for my two teenagers (which is just great by the way) and so clicked on this link to find out more.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science...alth-care-system/v/healthcare-system-overview

There are others but all so very confusing and elaborate.

That's why so many people think we ought to just make Medicare available to everyone and to hell with all the complication. But Republicans want healthcare to be completely privatized. So here we are, arguing about it for sixty years.

That's why so many people think we ought to just make Medicare available to everyone and to hell with all the complication. But Republicans want healthcare to be completely privatized. So here we are, arguing about it for sixty years.

I think a national basic health care system is essential.

I'd emphasise basic.

Any long-term major illnesses that burdens the national public purse should be graded and participants should contribute with increasing fees or taxation. I'm not one for keeping vegetables in bubble wraps, incubating pain and suffering.

I quite like the idea of having a national standard in schooling and health care. Whilst not objecting to privatisation I think having a mixture in the name of choice it's no choice really. Just leads to one big mess.

People have it because companies offer them. I know of very few people who purchase private health insurance. I was one of them. Had PPP policy for couple of years when contracting and when I did need to use them once, felt as if I was passed out of a camel's ar5e by the time they had me finished filling in fecking forms to make sure I didn't have anything before so they didn't have to pay out.

Absolute freaking nightmare.

I'd nuke it and start again with US health care. Appreciate with all the millions of vested interests and billions in dollars and millions employed in the area it's not likely and will only continue.

Actually, with same US troubles re: ageing birth rates and retirees, debt and rising tax burden, it'll get considerably worse :(

FYI - Guys, scrapping green energy investment and rolling back to removing regulation on oil and other industry waste is much like the US promoting and investing in the horse and cart instead of flying cars so to speak.

It is very much looking backward to the old instead of embracing the new.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-through-nuclear-coal-as-costs-plunge-at-sea

Apparently some of these new wind turbines are the size of jumbo planes. Wow.

Fortunately, we have one off the coast of Brighton and soon electricity into our homes will be coming from these wind turbines.

http://www.bexhillobserver.net/news/county-news-sussex-wind-farm-installation-begins-1-7179423

Look and learn and copy what the Europeans are doing. (y)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/trevor-noah-the-messy-truth-van-jones-cnntv/index.html

"There's a danger that we all become fear-based and fear-driven and we give in 100% to this whole us-against-them hysteria, that we close up our hearts, we just refuse to ever again take the risk that maybe, maybe there's still some good in some of the people we disagree with. If that happens, a form of Trumpism has been normalized in our hearts, in our hearts. And as a father and a human being, that worries me, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ing-to-the-other-side/?utm_term=.bd84636535c1

"The wake-up call she needed came from her 17-year-old son.

It was the middle of the Obama administration, and Julie Winokur, a self-described liberal, was so frustrated with what she saw as Republican obstructionism that she would immediately dismiss any argument from the right. Then one day, her own child flipped her narrative. He told her she was “the most politically intolerant person” he knew.

“If the other side had a good idea, you wouldn’t know because you’re not listening,” she said he told her. “I realized in that moment that I was as responsible as the people I was pointing fingers at. You have to take ownership of your own contribution to the negativity.”"

FYI - Guys, scrapping green energy investment and rolling back to removing regulation on oil and other industry waste is much like the US promoting and investing in the horse and cart instead of flying cars so to speak.

It is very much looking backward to the old instead of embracing the new.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-through-nuclear-coal-as-costs-plunge-at-sea

Apparently some of these new wind turbines are the size of jumbo planes. Wow.

Fortunately, we have one off the coast of Brighton and soon electricity into our homes will be coming from these wind turbines.

http://www.bexhillobserver.net/news/county-news-sussex-wind-farm-installation-begins-1-7179423

Look and learn and copy what the Europeans are doing. (y)

If only. But Republicans yearn to live in the 19th century. Or 16th. (Or 12th; the Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John are role models.) It'll be interesting to see how much damage they can do in two years.

Empire State Building Shines Pink In Solidarity With Women Marching Below

58c0a9242700003800748ee7.jpeg

If only. But Republicans yearn to live in the 19th century. Or 16th. (Or 12th; the Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John are role models.) It'll be interesting to see how much damage they can do in two years.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-space-war-234829

"The Trump administration is considering a bold and controversial vision for the U.S. space program that calls for a "rapid and affordable" return to the moon by 2020, the construction of privately operated space stations and the redirection of NASA's mission to "the large-scale economic development of space," according to internal documents obtained by POLITICO."

I googled US Health Care System and it came back with About 524,000,000 results (0.67 seconds)

I then googled american healthcare system explained and it came back with About 35,300,000 results (0.54 seconds)

I then thought hang on a minute and googled summary of us healthcare system and it came back with About 113,000,000 results (0.96 seconds)

Atilla, please read all of those results before posting any further comments on the ACA You will then be well informed :p

Number of Muslims currently serving in the US Armed Forces: 3939.

Number of Trump family members currently serving in the US Armed Forces: 0.

Number of Muslims currently serving in the US Armed Forces: 3939.

Number of Trump family members currently serving in the US Armed Forces: 0.

I reckon the idea is that since Trump is "commander-in-chief" that makes up for it.

And to think they are so well suited to the military having all that experience of ruthlessly crushing their enemies underfoot.....

I reckon the idea is that since Trump is "commander-in-chief" that makes up for it.

And to think they are so well suited to the military having all that experience of ruthlessly crushing their enemies underfoot.....

20th-21st century US Military is not traditonally for those of with a lot of money or of the elite pedigree, except during times like WW2 and that was among the officer corps and the ones on the frontlines are usually less connected. George W. Bush was only nominally in the service as an Air National Guard pilot.

Do your research. You forgot to mention neither of Obama's daughters are signing up to join the Marines and you forgot to mention Obama and wife's ludicrous $65 million book deal.

He does after all know more than the generals . . .

....not only that, but he knows more about everything than anybody else.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418417/democrats-get-taste-obamas-arrogance-jonah-goldberg

“Let’s suppose you are trying to bring a friend around to your point of view,” Milbank writes. “Would you tell her she’s emotional, illogical, outdated, and not very smart? Would you complain that he’s being dishonest, fabricating falsehoods and denying reality with his knee-jerk response?” “Such a method of a persuasion is likelier to get you a black eye than a convert,” Milbank notes. “Yet this is how President Obama treats his fellow Democrats on trade . . .”