Trump Presidency and the Consequences

We see who the crybabies are both here and in the media, having their candidate crushed in the election, and refusing to believe that Trump is the President. They don't even understand the reason for the travel restrictions. The left is destroying what remains of their party. The midterm elections will essentially create a 1-party system in the USA.

Peter

I do agree with you. Whether I like the winner is something else, again.

Can anyone answer me this question? How can the world's population double from 5 billion to 10 billion in fifty years and there be no no immigrant problem? America must take a good look at what has been allowed to happen in Europe and say "There, but for the grace of God, go us"

I am very pessimistic for the world's future. I believe that we are going to wipe ourselves out, along with every other living creature on the planet.

All we can do,is to look no further ahead than the end of our grandchildren's lives., and to put as big a brake on what is a natural occurrence, from happening.during that period.

Trump can see all this. Unfortunately, he is not going about it in the right way. What is the right way, though? Being good, decent humans is not going to cut it, I'm afraid, Wars? I doubt it. 60 million died in WWII. To-day, the world population is increasing that much every year!

Last edited:
Recap on the 2007/08 crises chaps, something that I could not quite understand.

During the subprime crises, mortgages were given to ninjas who could not afford to meet their payments.

These flakey mortgage backed securitiy assets were wrapped up and re-packaged as safe as houses brick and mortar and further sold on.

1. When peeps started losing jobs and were unable to meet payments;
2. House prices started falling and banks had negative assets they could not dispose of

What did the Fed do?

They bailed out the banks, for excessive risk taking, which is what the ninjas did too. Literally overnight 800bn was given to the banks bailing them out of their sh1t hole.

So in summary:

1. Fed gave banks 800bn tax payers money
2. Bank takes and now owns house
3. Ninja man owes money to the bank

Is this a joke?

Suggestion!

1. Government could have taken over ninja's debt instead of the banks

2. That means ninjas get to keep the roof over their heads AND banks continue being liquidated on their loans. EFFECTIVELY, No more bad loans. Government meets monthly laibilities until situ is corrrected

BIG DIFFERENCE, governement would only have had to meet the small % of monthly payments until economy recovered.

People better off with roofs over their heads.

Now the crises over people would have houses and a little bit of wealth and money to spend stimulating the demand in the economy.

Everyone is a winner.

I could never understand our responses to the greedy banks. :(

I think this is a common misunderstanding.

Only one third of the losses in the crisis were due to mortgage defaults. The bad loans may be the catalyst, but the fact that two-thirds of the losses came from elsewhere seems to have escaped the masses.

It's always good to have someone to blame, like 'greedy bankers'. The mob can't cope without that.

I do agree with you. Whether I like the winner is something else, again.

Can anyone answer me this question? How can the world's population double from 5 billion to 10 billion in fifty years and there be no no immigrant problem? America must take a good look at what has been allowed to happen in Europe and say "There, but for the grace of God, go us"

I am very pessimistic for the world's future. I believe that we are going to wipe ourselves out, along with every other living creature on the planet.

All we can do,is to look no further ahead than the end of our grandchildren's lives., and to put as big a brake on what is a natural occurrence, from happening.during that period.

Trump can see all this. Unfortunately, he is not going about it in the right way. What is the right way, though? Being good, decent humans is not going to cut it, I'm afraid, Wars? I doubt it. 60 million died in WWII. To-day, the world population is increasing that much every year!

Population control or colonising other planets. Aren't these the only options?

Can anyone answer me this question? How can the world's population double from 5 billion to 10 billion in fifty years and there be no no immigrant problem?

The population level and living conditions are not necessarily joined. If people are happy where they are, there's no reason for them to emigrate. If they are miserable, their numbers are irrelevant.

See Exodus.

Population control or colonising other planets. Aren't these the only options?

Population control is, now, long past the point of no return. Other planets? There had better be something to eat out there! I think, no pun inteneded, that that is pie in the sky, although, one day in the future it will happen, no doubt.

By the time our grandkids die, there will be 20 billion on the planet, so this problem is immediate.

Trump will not solve this, but who can?

Last edited:
The population level and living conditions are not necessarily joined. If people are happy where they are, there's no reason for them to emigrate. If they are miserable, their numbers are irrelevant.

See Exodus.

Right! Look to Thailand. You don't see anyone coming to US from there, other way around despite being most populous country.

Only one third of the losses in the crisis were due to mortgage defaults. The bad loans may be the catalyst, but the fact that two-thirds of the losses came from elsewhere seems to have escaped the masses.

The avalanche doesn't care about the origin of the snowball.

He'll find his way around the moose-lamb ban. (SNL)

Repulicans are on board, they just need a way to justify it.

He'll find his way around the moose-lamb ban. (SNL)

Repulicans are on board, they just need a way to justify it.

All of which is nothing more than a distraction.

What else do Republicans have in the works? What else are we not paying attention to?

See Exodus.

Frankly, I don't agree with that. People have, always, gone further afield in their search for food. The point is that, until now, the developed world has been able to control people from getting in, if they desired.

Part of the undeveloped world consists of N.Korea and Iran. What do they want nuclear weapons for? To eat? They want what we have, if they can get it.

The outcome, db, is inevitable, IMO. How to slow it down, is what we have to consider.

Frankly, I don't agree with that. People have, always, gone further afield in their search for food. The point is that, until now, the developed world has been able to control people from getting in, if they desired.

Part of the undeveloped world consists of N.Korea and Iran. What do they want nuclear weapons for? To eat? They want what we have, if they can get it.

The outcome, db, is inevitable, IMO. How to slow it down, is what we have to consider.

If food is a problem, find ways of providing food.

It's unfortunate that you have reached this worldview at this stage of your life. That's not the kind of old age I want for myself.

All of which is nothing more than a distraction.

What else do Republicans have in the works? What else are we not paying attention to?

Republicans have an agenda, but you have something else in mind? Care to share what they are up too?

Right! Look to Thailand. You don't see anyone coming to US from there, other way around despite being most populous country.

piphoe, you don't have a problem with Thailand. Good for you! I suggest that Trump's desire to build a wall is based on problems with Mexico and South America, in general.

As for Thailand, how long do you think it will be before that country's population will double and what could happen, then?

piphoe, you don't have a problem with Thailand. Good for you! I suggest that Trump's desire to build a wall is based on problems with Mexico and South America, in general.

As for Thailand, how long do you think it will be before that country's population will double and what could happen, then?

A physical wall will cost a hell of a lot of $, and solve little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_down_this_wall!
Even your hero Regan said tear that wall down

Is this the 21st century? What are you so afraid of?? Those coming across the border looking for work & pay didn't take YOUR job did he?

Last edited:
Trump's daughter will probably market something to these new teeming millions. Birth control pills maybe ?

:D

Trump's daughter will probably market something to these new teeming millions. Birth control pills maybe ?

:D

Ironic that conservatives are so anti-immigrant and so anti-immigration populations and yet they strive continuously to prevent them from getting abortions.

The lawyers will be having a field day with Trump's executive orders being overturned.

If food is a problem, find ways of providing food.

It's unfortunate that you have reached this worldview at this stage of your life. That's not the kind of old age I want for myself.

Since time began, humans have been using the world's resources to grow food. We are wiping out whole areas, even now, when it is too late, to make room for more space to grow food. killing any fauna that may be living there. At the same time, while humans are moving into those areas, governments are building on those very fields, where there were farms.

This is progress, mate. World population growth. Not a very pleasant prospect, the way I paint it, I agree.

Since time began, humans have been using the world's resources to grow food. We are wiping out whole areas, even now, when it is too late, to make room for more space to grow food. killing any fauna that may be living there. At the same time, while humans are moving into those areas, governments are building on those very fields, where there were farms.

This is progress, mate. World population growth. Not a very pleasant prospect, the way I paint it, I agree.

They are called developers, realtors.

They cut down a forest to put up a condo.

A physical wall will cost a hell of a lot of $, and solve little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_down_this_wall!
Even your hero Regan said tear that wall down

Is this the 21st century? What are you so afraid of?? Those coming across the border looking for work & pay didn't take YOUR job did he?

I'm not arguing about this, piphoe. I don't live there so I could not care less. It's a US problem, but it is part of a worldwide problem, too.

You can live with a world population of 5 billion. I can, too. See what it is like in another fifty to a hundred years.We won't be around, so it won't matter to us, will it? But the human population is the only one that is increasing at this phenominal rate. Everything else, that is not bred, including insect life, is dying out.

Another thing. All the world's problems, between the haves and have nots, boil down to the same basic one. Too many people.

Last edited: