Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Trump is 2nd president to tout unfinished Intel factory

President Donald Trump is pointing to Intel's plan to invest $7 billion in an Arizona factory as a win for his economic agenda.

So Intel "announced last year that it planned to lay off 12,000 workers in a reorganization prompted by a decline in sales of personal computers" and plans to hire 3,000 for this factory.

This is job growth?
So, Obama said this,

"Let's stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas," Obama said at the time. "Let's reward companies like Intel that are investing and creating jobs right here in the United States of America."

Yet the layoff plans happened on his watch.

Peter

Is he clever enough to carry this off in the glare of the media ? We shall see.

How can Trump be expected to run a government when the democrats won't confirm his cabinet nominations? As of tonight, I think only 5 of 15 have been confirmed. Dems are playing too many games and it will some back to haunt them.

Peter

How can Trump be expected to run a government when the democrats won't confirm his cabinet nominations? As of tonight, I think only 5 of 15 have been confirmed. Dems are playing too many games and it will some back to haunt them.

Peter

I think the opposition in a democracy should be constructive not just destructive.
If the Dems can't come up with very good reasons not to confirm nominations they should okay them.

I think the opposition in a democracy should be constructive not just destructive.

If the Dems can't come up with very good reasons not to confirm nominations they should okay them.

It would be nice if the nominee knew something about the department which he is supposed to head.

Just a thought.

Peter

What goes around comes around... Who's haunting who???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ba9022-e723-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

It has been an annual rite in Washington since the modern budgeting system began in 1974: The president sends his budget to Congress, and lawmakers hold hearings on it.

But not this year.

The chairmen of the House and Senate budget committees announced, for the first time since their panels were created more than 40 years ago, that they would not have hearings on the president’s budget or allow administration officials to testify. They decided this before President Obama released his budget, refusing to contemplate any budget from Obama — sight unseen.

This declaration, like the Senate Republicans’ vow that they will refuse to consider — or even meet with — any Supreme Court nominee Obama sends them, is the very definition of blind obstruction.

The Senate Banking Committee refused to take action on any Obama nominee for 14 months, finally approving on Thursday the head of the Treasury Department’s terrorism section after letting him languish for 11 months. Why the delay? The chairman, Richard Shelby of Alabama, admitted that it was because he faced a primary challenge: He couldn’t be seen as approving any Obama nominee.

I reckon Obama made the White House and America great just being the wonderful person that he was.

Mr Cool President. I'm missing him already.

2b9a0000-95ee-4bfb-9739-1b30c1235020.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/2390dc7d-8e5d-4230-895f-dc6b90d6e962

I reckon Obama made the White House and America great just being the wonderful person that he was.

Mr Cool President. I'm missing him already.

Obama gave Iran over $1billion in cash and look at what they are doing. If they get nukes they said they will use them. How can anyone around the world be OK with that?

Also how can you be missing him, you don't live here to see or feel the domestic effects of what he has done. OK, not everything is bad but a lot is not good either (ie: OBAMA [disaster] CARE)

Peter

Obama gave Iran over $1billion in cash and look at what they are doing. If they get nukes they said they will use them. How can anyone around the world be OK with that?

Also how can you be missing him, you don't live here to see or feel the domestic effects of what he has done. OK, not everything is bad but a lot is not good either (ie: OBAMA [disaster] CARE)

Peter

What was the 1bn in cash for?

Don't see Iran doing anything wrong. They've given up their nuclear weapons.

You mean a bit like Corbyn saying he'll never use his nukes and he got plastered by the UK press.

Iran has never attacked any country in the region. Last war with Iraq was when the US encourage Saddam to attack Iran.

Iran turned the middle east into a complete mess , they are deeply involved in many arabic countries ...

What was the 1bn in cash for?

Good question. Probably ransom for hostage release, but we don't know for sure why, only that it DID happen.

Don't see Iran doing anything wrong. They've given up their nuclear weapons.

Are you serious? They are testing missiles capable of sending nuclear weapons. One apparently broke up during reentry. Iran claimed it's attempting to send up weather or other satellites but they would't need reentry. Only if you want to test for delivering weapons. Reports are they also still are enriching uranium. This is a dangerous situation and it happened on Obama's watch.

Obama also screwed our middle east ally Israel after a longstanding history of US defending them in the UN.

Peter

I think after todays comments on tax reform by trump we can officially say equities are very reliant on the fact that he will actually do something. So I'm sorry guys but if the guy cuts taxes and cause the gdp to surge beyond 3%.....I will officially be on the trump bus. Yes laugh out loud because it sounds crazy but if they criticize him after achieving those two major hurdles.......well the man will be no talk all action. God help us all, this will come down as the worst fat finger mistake in american history or jump start the great american machine again.

I think after todays comments on tax reform by trump we can officially say equities are very reliant on the fact that he will actually do something. So I'm sorry guys but if the guy cuts taxes and cause the gdp to surge beyond 3%.....I will officially be on the trump bus. Yes laugh out loud because it sounds crazy but if they criticize him after achieving those two major hurdles.......well the man will be no talk all action. God help us all, this will come down as the worst fat finger mistake in american history or jump start the great american machine again.

they need a war to jump start this

Trading has nothing to do with whether or not one is "on the Trump bus". If the market rises, one should be long. If it falls, one should be short. The why is irrelevant. Right-wingers, for example, bitched about Obama for 8 years, yet the market rose from 700 to 2300.

?

Trading has nothing to do with whether or not one is "on the Trump bus". If the market rises, one should be long. If it falls, one should be short. The why is irrelevant. Right-wingers, for example, bitched about Obama for 8 years, yet the market rose from 700 to 2300.

How is this tax cut going to be possible without the whole system imploding. I would think reform Social security and medicare then tax cuts but he's getting right into it, is my assessment wrong on if he gets one thing wrong it could shoot up the deficit with unemployment rising?

How is this tax cut going to be possible without the whole system imploding. I would think reform Social security and medicare then tax cuts but he's getting right into it, is my assessment wrong on if he gets one thing wrong it could shoot up the deficit with unemployment rising?

As a trader, whether or not the system "implodes" is irrelevant to me. It imploded in 2000 and again in 2008. And it will implode again. At the moment, I'm looking toward 5400 for the NQ and have been since November, but as this has been a news-driven market for months, I'm on the watch for important changes in market sentiment. So far I see no signs of it.

Turn off the printing presses, then see what happens !

Tax cuts are One thing, but unless the US cuts the size and scope of govt by at least 30%, then it will only result in more money printing to keep it all afloat.