Trading the SPX

Bez said:
Atilla have another look at my last post & chart ;)

We still could get your friday feeling day :))

I see.

Is it because 1426 was touched and breached that this wave down is now taking place.

Either way I was really low at failed anticipation and this has made my day.

Went all the way down to 1409. Took some profits along the way.

Still have a small short which I'm now thinking of closing.

Many thanks for your reply Bez. It's nice to have a party and a feeding frenzy... :D

Bez said:
Thanks HS :)

This is the only pattern I can see that would produce a catastrophic wave 3 of a C wave to take us to new lows...

In order for it to come into play it needs to go higher than the last swing high of 1326 to change degree for a wave II, it needs to hit at least the 61.8% at 1329 to do the most technical damage in order to take out the 1363 lows that Altila would like for his friday feeling ;) :)

But while we stay below 1326 it favours the simple corrective count with a small move down tomorrow to finish of this corrective pattern around 1310-08 area...

What is there to say................. :cheesy:
Nice One !

:eek: :)

The advance GET ( elliott based predictive software the players like to use) would of been flashing like a Christmas tree at the 1429 level as it ment its either a wave II or B so they hit it....

We had the advantage of delta which also states that each low must go lower than the last...:)

At the moment l'm still lean on the A-B-C version on the chart rather than the I,II,III..but it does leave the door open for any serious trouble with Iran over the weekend..

Attachments

• updatespx.jpg
    updatespx.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Bez said:
:eek: :)

The advance GET ( elliott based predictive software the players like to use) would of been flashing like a Christmas tree at the 1326 level as it ment its either a wave II or C so they hit it....

We had the advantage of delta which also states that each low must go lower than the last...:)

At the moment l'm still lean on the A-B-C version on the chart rather than the I,II,III..but it does leave the door open for any serious trouble with Iran over the weekend..

That's great Bez, your predictive powers are legendary.

Need to step out again but be interesting to come back to developments.

To expand on why I favour the A-B-C....

That last low move down on friday from the 1329 (1429) level was the 4th low & we know what that means under delta rules..

I'm still leaning on this 3,3,5 flat count as it would fit the delta very nicely....just need Iran to behave itself to 13th- 17th window of April when the Higher frames are normally due :eek:

Attachments

• favcount.jpg
    favcount.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
I know its only a v. small and insignificant point Bez mate, but you seem consistantly to be a hundred short on the S&P or is it :
1.a master-stroke of some kind ?
2. Freudian slip
3. typing error
4. ?

opps well spotted pat :eek: :))

Its my dyslexia creeping into the posts, I'm normally double check things but the brain sometimes miss reads the obvious :eek:

It turned as it should with 4 lows into an Intermediate delta point.....

Update on that 60min chart...

Attachments

• 60minspxupdate.jpg
    60minspxupdate.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 194
Bez said:
It turned as it should with 4 lows into an Intermediate delta point.....

Update on that 60min chart...

I heard and thought it might turn to the upside but haven't gone long. Probably all the doom and gloom of late.

I'm looking for another opportunity to short but this might go up to 1440+ regions so still watching and waiting...

Bez said:
I have the next lesser turn due on Thursday .....

Good opp to highlight the Trading calendar over Easter ...

http://www.cme.com/trading/res/cch/2007good_friday827.html

Its also interesting to note the type of movement off the 89th calendar day of the year, which was friday 30th of March...;) :))

Thursday sounds like a good day.

Billy Idol pop tune has just popped into my head for what ever reason. How bizzaar... :eek:

Billy Idol › White Wedding

Hey little sister what have you done
Hey little sister whos the only one
Hey little sister whos your superman
Hey little sister whos the one you want
Hey little sister shot gun!

Its a nice day to start again
Its a nice day for a white wedding
Its a nice day to start again.

Hey little sister what have you done
Hey little sister whos the only one
Ive been away for so long (so long)
Ive been away for so long (so long)
I let you go for so long

Its a nice day to start again (come on)

(pick it up)

Take me back home
There is nothin fair in this world
There is nothin safe in this world
And theres nothin sure in this world
And theres nothin pure in this world
Look for something left in this world
Start again
Come on

Its a nice day to start again

Well that nice day to start again on Thursday sounds good to me. Now where is that CD...? :)

Now I've done that apologies for non-SPX related material. I'll try not to do it again. :p

Bez said:
Must be good stuff that night nurse :))))

It is phenomenal. Knocks my lights out for good it does. However, I try not touching the bottle during the day as cause drowsiness it does well.

Do feel much better today though.

Many thanks Bez. :)

A zoom in on the 10min...

:?:

Edit this looks a cleaner count :?: It would fit with a Thursday high as the wave III ....

Attachments

• cleaner count.jpg
    cleaner count.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Agree with rally into Thursday

Watching the 2:00pm ET area for today.....is a multi day fib cluster.....todays top?

That 1440 was a 261.8% ext which would fit the lesser wave v to complete the lesser w3...timing would also fit a Red line cycle day 3 for a wave 4 into the last hour.....:?:

Update on the EW 10min chart.....

It still could go into a pesky ending diagial pattern but I'll leave this count on for now...

Attachments

• datespx.jpg
    datespx.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 181
Bez said:
Update on the EW 10min chart.....

It still could go into a pesky ending diagial pattern but I'll leave this count on for now...

Just having a look at SPX before tomorrow and I can't help feeling bullish about it.

I see a H&S bottom which has reached it's top or on route to 1450 region. I'm having trouble reconciling my expectations with the charts.

I'm not sure about the significance of touching 1440 twice and suspect third time round it will break through it.

I also see an ascending triangle since the 15th March which should break out to the upside.

In summary, I think we are going to open higher tomorrow followed by a big sell off later on in the afternoon, going into the holidays. Once again I can't see people leaving open positions in these troubled times.

I will be driven by the charts and my MAs and will leave my head out of it all.

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• SPX-070405.gif
    SPX-070405.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 167
Sounds good to me....:)

Just need to finish this lesser wave 5 (of III) before 16.30 ( 11:30est) then a move back down to the 1435 area for Tuesday to complete the wave iv , before heading back up for the final wave V of this flat pattern wave B

Coming into that 16:10 (11:10) turn window .....

EDIT:
Wel that side ways chop hints its wants to invert ( today is a orange day 1 of the cycle) we can have an extra point between in lunch....

Last edited: