Trading the E-mini

20th March 2013

Big move back up in the Globex session. Still high risk of Europe news hitting us at any time. Back up to the top of last weeks value. Watch for a sell off into yesterday’s value off the open.

Yesterdays Range 1531.75 -> 1551/1552.25
Yesterdays Value 1534 -> 1545
Last weeks value 1542.25 -> 1552.50
Yesterdayc Close 1542.25

Weekly R1 1561.25
Major High at 1558.75

Same as above, but think overall bias is long today rather than short. Obviously in a range right now.

took a shor toff the open @ 52 but got a point and bailed as it came back. That was a potential scale trade.

Now scalping for points around this range, presuming breakouts are just range extensions - all in/all out on those.

First trade using Sierra today - felt very, very different. Not bad, just different.

Entry Time Symbol Status Buy/Sell Average Fill Price
20/03/2013 13:56 ES-201306-CME Filled Sell 1551.5
20/03/2013 14:08 ES-201306-CME Filled Buy 1550.5

Felt that it was going to roll-over to look for value a little lower. It moved onside 2pts and I saw a strong rejection at 49.50. When it tested this again, 49.75 held quite hard - that was the signal for me to come out and re-enter again if it looks weak again.

Last edited:
Prep for today:

So it is well and truly rangebound with the value area boundaries at 29/30 and 58/59.

Intraday, will be looking at 55/56, if it opens below 47, 38 where there is an NVPOC and 32. Expecting a quiet day today even though there is a slew of moderate news today. Think the good money was earlier in the week whilst I was away.

Point of interest from yesterday though - delta went -45k yesterday and price continued to climb......

10:00 am – Hone Sales, Philly Fed Manufacturing, CB Leading

So far this week, pit sessions have been churn with high risk of news breakouts. Still – no news, no breakout.

Last weeks value 1542.25 -> 1552.50
This weeks value so far 1540.25 -> 1553.50
This weeks Range 1531.75 - > 1555.75

Yesterdays Range 1536.50 (Globex)/1548 (Pit) -> 1555.75
Globex Range 1545.50 -> 1550.75

Weekly R1 1561.25
Major High at 1558.75

Just expecting us to stay in a range unless the 10:00am news does anything for us or someone in Cyrpus drops the ball.

I wanted to check in. So you guys didn't think I fell of the face of the earth.

I am not trading this week as I am now in the process of switching platforms and brokers.

I realized I didn't have the proper tools, so I am going with Ninja Trader, and Zen-Fire with Mirus futures, and also adding the Jigsaw plugin for Ninja trader.

I think this set up will suit my needs better, as I couldn't get enough info on the DOM on the Think or Swim platform, it was like beating my head against the wall.

Just been reminded my daughter is in a school play and I will be attending this. No trading the open for me - maybe if anything sets up a little later but suspect nothing going on for me today.

I
I realized I didn't have the proper tools, so I am going with Ninja Trader, and Zen-Fire with Mirus futures, and also adding the Jigsaw plugin for Ninja trader.

Hurrah.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best of luck with it, sir.

I missed out this AM - we had a lovely bounce off yesterdays pit session low but my wife is at a hen do and I was trying to coax my daughter to sleep.

Missed 38 getting tagged but not too fussed about that.

We have the opposite of yesterday going on - price moving down but delta +45k !!!

Missed 38 getting tagged but not too fussed about that.

We have the opposite of yesterday going on - price moving down but delta +45k !!!

Dude - you sure it's not your new platform giving you a dodgy delta?

21-03-201320-12-42_zpsa68a11ff.png

@Pedro - fixed - wrong setting used.

Ta - I thought we were in some really unusual market state......

I wanted to check in. So you guys didn't think I fell of the face of the earth.

I am not trading this week as I am now in the process of switching platforms and brokers.

I think this set up will suit my needs better, as I couldn't get enough info on the DOM on the Think or Swim platform, it was like beating my head against the wall.

Jigsaw is great. Hate Ninja though.

I stopped using Jigsaw because my feed (Kinetick) didn't match the one from CQG, dunno who to trust but I assumed CQG was better cuz it showed more volume and moved faster.

IMO TT>CQG>Ninja

Last edited: