Tottenham Riots

PHP:
DionysusToast

Just wondering, do you actually have any legit friends :)

Sure - my 2 best friends - one sells software in Asia. The other is a sparky-cum project manager for a company that refits Supermarkets.

Lovely guys, although not capable of generating anything like the horror stories of the one's that were bent.

Allow me to illustrate.

The guy that grows weed did 12 months for posession of 2,000 e's that were in his underpants. He actually tried to claim they weren't his. The guy with him (who did not have drugs in his underpants) admitted posession and walked away with community service.

The sparky once ordered a length of ultra expensive cable for a Supermarket - something in the region of 100k. Unfortunately he'd mis-measured and got it 5 metres short.

Now - which of the stories is the juciest? In both cases, the people were worried about their futures.

Different innit?

There was a twitter user called missgucci13 trying to incite a riot in Southampton. Unfortunately for her she has posted a picture of herself on twitpics.

Attachments

• missgucci13.jpg
    missgucci13.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 377
I don't think anyone envies these people, we know their lives are not sweet, in spite of the free houses, White Lightning and skunk. I think people just have contempt for them, it is richly deserved in many cases.

Can you help being poor? Often not. Can you help being a scumbag? Yes.

Yes they have a hard life, but there are choices; you can stay in education, you can choose not to be a criminal etc

Have you guys heard of insider trading??? Criminals or not?

So a quick check of benefits records or possibly the electoral register would easily lead the police to her door. They have already warned her that she has committed an offence by inciting riot.

Good point.

Some of them do. A friend of mine at 23 years old was dealing coke for a living, still living at his parents 5 bedroom house in Tamworth. The police had to go past his dads Porsche when they knocked the door down to arrest him & his brother. He got 6 years. Very middle class family. He'd not have rioted - it would have messed his hair up. Still - he did deal in stolen goods as well as dealing.

Tamworth, as in the Midlands? I thought you were American?

DionysusToast said:
He never ever even entertained the idea of actually working for a living.

Notwithstanding the stolen stuff he was working wasn't he? He, presumably, bought coke from someone in bulk and divided it up and sold it to punters, taking a risk in the process; one which didn't pay off since he ended up in prison.

DT said:
One close friend has 2 lovely daughters and 3 houses - all paid for by his coke dealing. He's 41 years old. Another 2 people I know not so well just got busted. One in Spain with 5kgs (him & his g/f are now doing 9 years), one in the UK with 1 kg he had posted to himself by DHL :rolleyes: - he's looking at 15-20. He's late 30's, they have been after him for a while, his wife and kids will be out of a house soon as they are taking all his assets.

Welll, fair play to the bloke. If he had got away with it he would be living the good life. The drug business doesn't involve many financial risks, not if you buy a kilo in Colombia for $3,000 and sell it in the UK for £20,000; but the risks come in other forms, namely getting killed, beaten up or arrested. It is just the same as any other business, effort (low) reward (high) risk (low).

DT said:
Even when these people have amassed assets - they can't stop.

All of these people had good upbringings (Ok - the guy in Spain didn't) and there is no explanation for what they do other than I guess they thought they'd get away with it. Other people around them WERE getting away with it.

It isn't about just getting away with it, a friend of a friend is currently in prison for a year after he was caught with £10,000 worth of cocaine in his car; he had a good upbringing (went to independent school) but he just wasted his education, failed his exams and was working a dead end job when he decided to use his savings to try and make a few quid. Hate to sound like a lefty but now he's been in prison, when he gets out he won't have many other choices if he wants to make real money.

Prison gives them a fearlessness of prison (or puts them on the straight and narrow), gives them contacts and they learn things.

DT said:
For sure though - we do have a generation of children whose parents had kids as a means to an end - free flat, free money and no work. These children have been taught to work the system. They are NOT disenfranchised. They are working the system and taking what they can, where they can. They are happy as pigs in **** with their free money.

I agree. The wider problem is being ignored, these lot will cause tens of millions of damage, but that is nothing compared to the billions they have received in handouts. Nor is it anything compared to the perniciou damage their lifestyles do, if you are sitting at home smoking weed and drinking lager all day you will pass that on to the next generation, so you are not only wasting the taxpayer's money you are ensuring it will continue to be wasted after your death.

DT said:
I still have 1 acquaintance who does this. He's 40. He has a lovely son who is being taught all the wrong things. He signs on, has a free house, he grows weed in the loft which brings in about 3 grand a month. His son will do the same and the cycle will repeat. My friend is totally happy about this. He doesn't have to lift a finger. He thinks the government gives him free money that no-one ever had to ear. He absolutely 100% would be a looter if the opportunity arose. He's been in prison 3 times and he thinks the place is a blast. There's no cause - the guy is just a cnut. He's on the dole & travels to Thailand with his son 3 times a year... Disenfranchised?

£3,000 a month? That is a lot of weed. A house near me was full of the stuff (some Vietnamese people rented it and just filled it to the brim with plants) and they (newspaper) reckoned it was making £10,000 a month (whether that was net or gross I don't know).

DT said:
Am I the only one that knows such people?

No. I know them (comes with living in the Midlands), I just don't really understand them too well. I was brought up well, went to good schools etc so I might as well have been living in a different universe to them.

So a quick check of benefits records or possibly the electoral register would easily lead the police to her door. They have already warned her that she has committed an offence by inciting riot.

So who lives in Hampshire and is going to do something about it by informing the police? Probably nobody, and you wonder why criminals arent getting caught?

I must have led a sheltered life (so far) because I don't know and never have known any murderers, rapists, drug dealers etc...well not knowingly anyway. Lol I will try and get out more.

Have you guys heard of insider trading??? Criminals or not?

No. Look at the Rajaratnam case, what did he do wrong? He paid people in the know for information. Why anybody buys a stock if they don't have insider information is the crazy thing.

My mate dealt coke for a living too. made about 4k per week, had a number of sports cars and a few flats. had a good up-bringing with wealthy parents too. When he was still living at home with his parents the police raided the family home which was worth well over 1 million pounds. Sniffer dogs and loads of coppers searching this lovely house trying to find drugs. They found some too, but nothing like the amount they were hoping to find. My friend had most if it stashed in another house that was never searched.

So he basically got away with it. (this initial raid is going back about 10 years so I cant exactly remember the details but I think he got about 2 years inside and served about year). He also didn't mind prison at all. He actually knew rather a lot of people in there and saw it as a chance to catch up with some old faces! His only complaint was that it got 'a bit boring'. Well worth the risk when you look at it like that. He honestly lived the playboy lifestyle for quite a while.

If you have money and contacts prison isn't going to be that bad. A guard who makes £500 a week, before tax, isn't going to say no if you say, "I'll give you £500 a week, just get me weed, McDonalds etc"

I don't really understand being a drug dealer in the usual sense of the word, you just have too much exposure for too little reward. It would be better to buy 200kg in Colombia or wherever, smuggle it back to the UK and make £2 million and only have to deal with 3 or 4 people. Cocaine dealers making £4,000 a week presumably have hundreds of contacts?

I must have led a sheltered life (so far) because I don't know and never have known any murderers, rapists, drug dealers etc...well not knowingly anyway. Lol I will try and get out more.

You probably do you just don't know you know them; particularly with rape, people don't advertise it.

I know one guy who has murdered two people and a couple of people who has only done it once . Oh and someone under investigation for rape.

Re your contacts/friends base: There is a worrying pattern developing, Lol ?

I know one guy who has murdered two people and a couple of people who has only done it once . Oh and someone under investigation for rape.

Sounds like you're a psychopath-magnet.

I attract seedy people to me, but they tend not to be murderous or 'rapeous' types; more conmen, people who cheat on their girlfriends all the time, BNP people etc Heavens knows why they like me (and I like them).

If you set your standards too high in who you hang around with then you can never be free to just have a laugh about something; 'nice' people don't like laughing at stuff. It is easy to be in the company of someone who has no morals than it is to be in the company of an insufferably saintly sort of person.

go rioters
everyone already thinks they are scum, so they might as well go ahead and riot

No. Look at the Rajaratnam case, what did he do wrong? He paid people in the know for information. Why anybody buys a stock if they don't have insider information is the crazy thing.

Mate insider dealing is illegal. Heard of the FSA. I don't think compliance would be very pleased with your comments. They take it very seriously at my Bank. You have to sign papers and take all sorts of compulsory courses and presentations and they record your results.

This is my point though it happens everyday - and I wouldn't bet politicians and influential bodies are also not in it.

Criminals and thieves they still are. They simply conduct them selves in a gentlemenly manner. How polite is that? :)

Last edited:
What pray, do you think the cause of the problem is?

I've said what the cause is. Most of the looters are kids. Cleaning this mess is not going to solve the bloody mindedness of this generation. They are not old enough to know about justice or the poor old couple in the corner shop. Don't ask me what the solution is, now. It's going to take decades. Our way of life over the last forty years has resulted in a big gap between rich and poor.

We are just going around in circles and I don't have more to say about it that would be constructive. We are angry, ourselves, but lookng on tv at the fighting in Athens, the "indignados" in Barcelona and Madrid, did the Brits, really, believe that this would not happen to them?

The double murder gets excited telling me about the details you can tell he gets off on it. He is a true psychopath kicking off in pubs at anything.

I saw this on twitter and had to laugh. A Waterstone's employee just said on the news: "we'll stay open, if they steal some books they might learn something"

I doubt most of these filthy chavs could read, but I admire his optimism