The Next US President

Looks like Trump is bent on picking a fight with China. The Taiwan episode is just for starters. The cancelling of trade agreements will heat it up considerably though.
The building of a military base in the China Sea could be awkward and provocative.
While the US blunders around the rest can pick up some crumbs though.

There's a somewhat old saying: Don't tug on Superman's cape.

I assume that Cheeto-head is unaware of the fact that China holds the bulk of our debt. What do you suppose would happen if China decided to hold a big yard sale of US debt instruments?

Looks like Trump is bent on picking a fight with China. The Taiwan episode is just for starters. The cancelling of trade agreements will heat it up considerably though.
The building of a military base in the China Sea could be awkward and provocative.
While the US blunders around the rest can pick up some crumbs though.
Can you blame him. China takes the p!ss with their currency control to the detriment of any nation that wants to compete. About time someone stands up to the Sh!t

d7a6031bc1dedaf3bb5de14979563e5c.jpg

Can you blame him. China takes the p!ss with their currency control to the detriment of any nation that wants to compete. About time someone stands up to the Sh!t

I'm not sure if that's fair cop???

China does not have a floating exchange rate that is determined by market forces, as is the case with most advanced economies. Instead it pegs its currency, the yuan (or renminbi), to the U.S. dollar. The yuan was pegged to the greenback at 8.28 to the dollar for more than a decade starting in 1994.

And more recently...

China Drops The Yuan's Strict Peg To The US Dollar

Why should China move away from pegged rates. Pegging is the desired route for financial discipline really. US gets to hold the dollar standard, run up enourmous debt and continue printing money trotting around the world whilst other countries do as it says.

Chinese have worked hard and sacrificed much. They deserve their growth.

I also concur, they have a command economy with free market aspects. They still have some way to go but they will be a super power sooner or later. With a billion+ super hard working population who can compete with that?

I'm not suggesting they don't deserve their growth. My point is that China holds all the cards now. US arrogance will be its downfall.

China faces a huge problem trying to migrate its economy something that you could call normal. All those businesses over there producing cheap stuff can't survive in that climate. There is a factory there that's like a city where employees live and work there. They exist because they can profit from cheap labour. Changing their economy is going to sink these businesses which leaves you with the question of how they plan on dealing with this reality.

.... in contrast to nice man Obama for whom no humiliation is too large.
Absent the most powerful nation from the world stage and more unpleasant countries move into the vacuum.

.... in contrast to nice man Obama for whom no humiliation is too large.
Absent the most powerful nation from the world stage and more unpleasant countries move into the vacuum.

May be a function of his race. Blacks, with a few exceptions, are trained to be conciliatory. Been that way for centuries. Something not easy to "overcome".

Curl up with some popcorn.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday strongly condemned any foreign interference with U.S. elections and announced that the Senate intelligence panel will investigate Russia's suspected election interference.

--Washington Post

A group of electors are calling for the Electoral College to receive a classified intelligence briefing on the Russian government’s involvement in the 2016 presidential election, as well as any information on foreign cyber attacks that could have influenced the Election Day’s final results.

--International Business Times

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday strongly condemned any foreign interference with U.S. elections and announced that the Senate intelligence panel will investigate Russia's suspected election interference.

--Washington Post

A group of electors are calling for the Electoral College to receive a classified intelligence briefing on the Russian government’s involvement in the 2016 presidential election, as well as any information on foreign cyber attacks that could have influenced the Election Day’s final results.

Didn't Trump invite the Russians to hack Hilary's emails so they could see the hocus pocus stuff the FBI wasn't releasing to the media?

Special invitation was sent via public airways if I recall correctly. :whistling

--Washington Post

If they can prove Hillary should have won after all it would be a big relief I expect.