The Next US President

Don't forget that it's still illegal at the federal level. If the Repubs really want to, they can quash all the "legalizations" that have been and are taking place. Just imagine Giuliani as Attorney General.
With all the tax revenue they pulling in it would be a tough pill to swallow

With all the tax revenue they pulling in it would be a tough pill to swallow

Repubs are all about sin and punishment (except when it comes to their own adulteries).

And good luck to women who seek abortions.

All the US's trade partners had better watch out as Trump wants to re-organise trade terms. The UK does about £40bn of trade every year. A big cut there could be a big problem.

All the US's trade partners had better watch out as Trump wants to re-organise trade terms. The UK does about £40bn of trade every year. A big cut there could be a big problem.

£40 billion is a drop in the bucket for our trade. The correct figure is approximately 11% of the United Kingdom's export go to the US. $472B * 0.108 =$51B
Let's put that in perspective. The US exports $1,510B. $66 billion is exported to the UK. $51 billion is imported. That is less than 10% of our total trade. However, The UK is indeed an important trade partner. May is too smart to cut off her nose to spite her face.

Secondly, I think May will like this outcome. Marine Le Pen already congratulated him. The sentiment in France is not as negative as one would think.

The United Kingdom is the 9th largest export economy in the world and the 11th most complex economy according to the Economic Complexity Index (ECI). In 2014, the United Kingdom exported $472B and imported $663B, resulting in a negative trade balance of $191B. In 2014 the GDP of the United Kingdom was $2.99T and its GDP per capita was $40.2k.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

Somebody said sarcastically that they were waiting for the markets to go up. A lot of the equities I am watching are skyrocketing. DJIA is only down 4 points (which onlly represents 10-15% of trade volume and 30 out of 30,000 financial instruments). CAT, GS and BA or fairing quite well.

Originally Posted by wackypete2:
Trump has rallies with 15-20 thousand people

Which is not enough to elect a president.

apparrently it now is.
Trump won because of all the (silent) voter backlash for establishment politics.

Peter

new trader is satisfied with an aryan blonde in office...this meets the requirement for president
even though the cocaine fried his candidates brains

That shows how ignorant you are of the facts. People who voted for Obama both times even voted for Trump. People play the race card way too much. Hillary is white. Would you play the race card there?

apparrently it now is.
Trump won because of all the (silent) voter backlash for establishment politics.

Peter

I do not think that the "establishment" had much to do with. I do not feel that most people care about regulations and red tape. Everything I heard and read said that it was the status quo, not the lying or the corruption. Well, sort of the corruption indirectly. A quote from a Democrat who voted for Trump quote "Trump represented an experimental radioactive drug that might cure their cancer or might not, but the status quo would undoubtedly kill them slowly."

I think Hillary may have lost a lot of white support by being too pally with Blacks and Latinos. Many of whom voted, not with her but with Trump.

Anyway that's the END of the Clinton era. Both Bill and Hillary can now settle back on their misgotten millions. They will long be remembered as the biggest liars in public office.

I truly hope Trump does well for USA especially in regards to relations with Russia and China. Hillary would have added salt to a wound that was fast becoming a new world war outcome.

Unlike any politician before him, Trump has no ties to corruption so hopefully he will get things on the right track. I say hope with a pinch of salt of course

I'm not too devastated, now I'm actually interested in what he can do. Hopefully it will be common sense stuff. He knows a lot about economics so lets see how it goes.

I think Hillary may have lost a lot of white support by being too pally with Blacks and Latinos. Many of whom voted, not with her but with Trump.

Anyway that's the END of the Clinton era. Both Bill and Hillary can now settle back on their misgotten millions. They will long be remembered as the biggest liars in public office.

They have a daughter.:D Hopefully, she does not like politics but one can never tell. Trump was not a politician before this year.

apparrently it now is.

Peter

Although the "make America great again" dog whistle was also a factor, perhaps a much larger factor. Keep in mind that Republicans are still in charge of the Senate and the House, as they have been. And that most governorships are still Republican, as they have been. If the voters wanted to vote against establishment politics, they would have voted very differently. If they were voting for something else, however . . .

Although the "make America great again" dog whistle was also a factor, perhaps a much larger factor. Keep in mind that Republicans are still in charge of the Senate and the House, as they have been. And that most governorships are still Republican, as they have been. If the voters wanted to vote against establishment politics, they would have voted very differently. If they were voting for something else, however . . .

+1