spanish89's Daily Trading Journal!! Whooooo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it worked out for you, Spanish.

If I pay for anyones calls it would be his.

And nah dont be silly mate, i was just joking about charging everyone for my forecasts.. lol

Ofcourse i will keep posting them pre-market every night, although i must get a few wrong sometime sthough so i just hope people do understand this before following them and thinking their money is 100% insured.

Although i wont charge people on here for them, im expecting a call from goldman sachs requesting i become their chief advisor, and inviting me to an interview where we can discuss my fees then.. :LOL::cheesy::devilish:

Did you go back in and get it to the close mate??

It was a £99 market today from open to close.. :cool:

spanish

nope - just thanked my lucky stars that we got the bounce (I cheated a bit ' cos I did have a stop in a bit lower down so I wouldn't have blown my play account and I did make a few bob on the way down in my main book). As everyone keeps saying, one day the bounce won't arrive and the those employing "no stops" will be making videos of what it's like to watch their life savings go up in smoke.

Fair play though, you did call the directions today.

cheers

jon

impressive... thats a good strike rate... short term trades?

You mean Devilicus?
He sometimes posted intraday and would be out of the trade, typically within a few hours and sometimes just posted what he thought the market would do the next day. Was very impressive. When him and Firewalker agreed it was like free money! Neither of them seem to post much on that thread now though.

Arrrrrghhhhh ****!!!!!!!!!

I Was Trying To Buy The Oil Daily For A Scalp, But My Finger Slipped And I Bought The Future, So Cancelled My Current Short Out For A Loss Of £210!!!!

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::!::!::!::!:

:eek::eek::sleep::sleep::cry::cry::devilish::devilish::(:(:(:whistle:whistling

Why Don't You Just Re-Open Your Position For A Better Price????????

:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart: :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea: :smart::smart::smart::smart::smart:

:eek::eek::sleep::sleep::cry::cry::devilish::devilish::(:(:(:whistle:whistling

Why Don't You Just Re-Open Your Position For A Better Price????????

:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart: :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea: :smart::smart::smart::smart::smart:

I resold at £2 tick after what i thought was top peak of breakout, but now am in £210 loss on it!!

Wheras i was going to buy the daily, so would have been 110 up on it instead, and still have my short future!! :cry::cry::cry:

Cant some one call those guys and tell them we need them,
In the mean time what price will oil go before a fall 145.5$ ?
To day was good to me and for finspreads as I was using stoploss
again to cost of over £1100
Every trader say your mad not to I am beginning to think again i am mad too
It is just not the loss but the time as things are again moving in the right way and lose more getting back in.

Does anyone think spanish's record is a perfect example of mental accounting as described in behavioural finance?

There are textbook examples of "mental", as described by financiers, throughout this whole thread.

What we mean spanish, is that you are "compartmentalising" your profits and losses, when they all come from the same place - your pocket!

So this 210 you've "lost" - well you had lost it all along. You accidentally closed your position by pressing the wrong button (something we've all done in the past, it's knows as a "fat finger" error), and so you have secured it; by re-opening your position, a short, you could make back that loss through the profit of your new trade.

There is no difference between the realised loss of your old trade, and the realised profit from your new one. If you hadn't closed your position, and prices came back down again, your losses would have been falling, which has the same effect on your Net PnL as your profits increasing.

All assuming, of course, that you were right to short it in the first place.

There are textbook examples of "mental", as described by financiers, throughout this whole thread.

Mental was not buying the down binary today!

Reminds me... I have a fairly exotic swap to propose, even if you don't give me a price I like it would be nice to see how you would value it. Assume I buy a >300 up dow every day for a month and also have an option to opt out by 9 am each day. Feel free to start a new thread about it... I'm just interested in financial engineering as I know so little about it.

I made £67 back scalping oil. ;)

But so it a crappy day since only made £107 at the end of it all!! :(

Dont you think oil is low and would be a good buy for tomorrow
even if it falls a wee bit you will regain and go forward to the 144$++
0r Are you still a bear on oil ?
I am in at 142.29$ sep 08 .

Hey better than £107 down ,
Where I am that is a lot of beer.

anybody go long on the dow around 6/7pm?

Got in at 11162.9 and out at 11277.7.

A lot of volatility at the moment. Personally I think oil will hit north of $145 again in the next few days at which point i think ill cash in and see what happens.

Lost about 60 pips on the hang sen but made 45 earlier in the day short on the ftse.

Spanish, even though i wholeheartedly disagree with your trading style, you are doing ok for the moment. I'm sure you wouldn't be too upset with £100 per day every day for the next few weeks.

Dont you think oil is low and would be a good buy for tomorrow
even if it falls a wee bit you will regain and go forward to the 144$++
0r Are you still a bear on oil ?
I am in at 142.29$ sep 08 .

Hey better than £107 down ,
Where I am that is a lot of beer.

:LOL:

Mate if you dont actually have a clear idea of where the oil is going tomorrow i would strongly advise you just take a day off the oil and not trade it at all.. :D:cool:

My call for oil tomorrow is that it could go either way, the dow crashed today for a reason that i do not understand at all and so i am not going to risk my money on a mystery.. :LOL:

So i would strong suggest no-one attempt to trade oil tomorrow, not even a cheeky little scalp as you could get caught up in the wrong direction and then your ****ed hard! :LOL::devilish::whistling

My call for tomorrow is to buy ftse sept future £2 point at the lowest point in the morning you can get it at, stick a stoploss of about 800points, and then just sit back and relax, because ftse is so cheap now that its a great bargain for buying. :)

And also i would suggest buying gold tomorrow, but check dow and dollar 1st.

:LOL:

Mate if you dont actually have a clear idea of where the oil is going tomorrow i would strongly advise you just take a day off the oil and not trade it at all.. :D:cool:

My call for oil tomorrow is that it could go either way, the dow crashed today for a reason that i do not understand at all and so i am not going to risk my money on a mystery.. :LOL:

So i would strong suggest no-one attempt to trade oil tomorrow, not even a cheeky little scalp as you could get caught up in the wrong direction and then your ****ed hard! :LOL::devilish::whistling

My call for tomorrow is to buy ftse sept future £2 point at the lowest point in the morning you can get it at, stick a stoploss of about 800points, and then just sit back and relax, because ftse is so cheap now that its a great bargain for buying. :)

And also i would suggest buying gold tomorrow, but check dow and dollar 1st.

are you qualified to advise?

you're a moron. fannie mae and freddie mac is what's causing this.

let us know when FTSE hits the bottom so we can all buy in too please.

Status
Not open for further replies.