Seeking consistency

cable news day - potential levels

I'm looking to enter cable on the long side
I have support at 1.61 16 and stronger at the 61.8% retrace of the last 1H up swing at 1.60 75 (previous resistance turned support?)

Attachments

• cable feb 16.jpg
    cable feb 16.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 147
Re: cable news day - potential levels

I'm looking to enter cable on the long side
I have support at 1.61 16 and stronger at the 61.8% retrace of the last 1H up swing at 1.60 75 (previous resistance turned support?)

Smashed through both of them, so no entry offered, next is 1.60 00 / 1.60 20 zone (ascending 1H TL and start of last 1H up move)

eur gbp short trigger

both my daily and 4H trends are short
price has pulled back to 50% of the prev 4H down swing (and has rejected yesterdays high)
1H shooting star just printed
4H set up and 1H trigger charts

Attachments

• eur gbp short 4h set up16 feb 11.jpg
    eur gbp short 4h set up16 feb 11.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 129
  • eur gbp short trigger 16 feb 11.jpg
    eur gbp short trigger 16 feb 11.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 120
Thurs Feb 17th

My 'multi trend' filter has only returned 5 pairs to watch this morning, but I have ruled out 2 on the basis that they have made their moves and if anything will be counter trend trades

cable Long 1.61 15 area
swissie Short 95 70 area
cad Short already made its move, may be a counter trend move (ie Long)
gbp jpy Long 1.34 65 area (like cable)
aud jpy Long already made its move, may be counter trend move (ie Short)

Re: Thurs Feb 17th

M
gbp jpy Long 1.34 65 area (like cable)

5min 'hammer' type candle indicating support of price on ascending trendline, break above previous resistance triggered trade

Attachments

• gbp jpy 17 feb11 5min trigger.jpg
    gbp jpy 17 feb11 5min trigger.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 124
Re: eur gbp short trigger

1H shooting star just printed

Stop moved to break even, as 'hammer' shaped 4H candle just printed, indicating rejection of lower prices and that the ascending 4H line may hold as support

Re: Thurs Feb 17th

, break above previous resistance triggered trade

Rubbish trading by me, price hovered just below my entry for a while and then dived almost 40 pips.

Fortunately I was saved by my broker because the minimum stop distance for this pair is 40 pips, so I wasn't stopped out (should have taken a 20 - 25 pip loss really)

Amazingly lucky price then reversed and I took half of the position off at +20 pips

I then closed out the trade as it moved back towards (within 5 pips) the break even level at lunch time

So a +10 profit net, for a -40 draw down, very very lucky for me

Fri 18th Feb

My filter hasn't returned any pairs for this morning, although it is implying usd weakness with cable, euro and aussie all set up to break to the long side on the 4H and 1H charts

Cad printed a daily hammer like candle yesterday and is at a good (low) level for a counter trend trade (long)

Cable and Ozzie have trended sideways through the asian session with clearly defined boundaries, so it may be possible to play these, either for a continuation of range or a break out, depending upon short term (5m) sentiment at 1.61 60 1.61 80 and 1.00 05 1.00 30 respectively, at least until the UK news at 9:30am

Mon 21st Feb

My filter has returned 5 pairs to watch this morning.
Essentially the usd and jpy have been weaker that the higher risk currencies over the asian session, continuing the trend from Friday. The 1H 20ema appears to be an ascending support line, so pull backs to these levels and indications of rejections of further corrections lower may provide profitable entires
cable Long 1.62 25 / 00
eur jpy Long 113.65 / 50
gbp jpy Long 134.90 / 75
nzd usd Long 76.20 / 00
aud jpy Long 84.15 / 00

OK

I just received a 'we're missing you' eMail from T2W !

Made me realise that all my good intentions for this year of keeping a journal have not materialised. that probably explains why my account hasn't grown exponentially to its first £1m !

I do know how important it is to keep a record of trades, so that you can be confident in 'your' strategy and 'your' trading plan, so I have no one to blame but myself

As I fortunately do still have a pound or two in my trading account. I will now post pre and post trade messages and maintain a formal log of financial performance along side

I haven't yet mastered uploading snapshots from excel (metatrader charts I can do), which would be really helpful, so that is what I shall search the great T2W site for now

The charts are a little confused at the moment, as my daily moving averages imply uptrends (cable, euro, aussie, kiwi), yet we broke below support yesterday

I'd therefore looking for short signals on the 1H and 4H timeframe, around the level of the 4H 20ema for a further test of recent resistance levels

Here's what I mean:

Attachments

• gbp usd d 16nov11.jpg
    gbp usd d 16nov11.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 119
  • gbp usd 4h 16nov11.jpg
    gbp usd 4h 16nov11.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 117
  • gbp usd 1h 16nov11.jpg
    gbp usd 1h 16nov11.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 117
Still no clear direction, the support is still being tested but not broken and the daily moving averages remain 'long'

Some other pairs that may have arrived in 'reversal zones' are:
potential shorts -
EUR AUD (daily shooting star last Friday, at previous resistance 1.34 70 for 1.29 00)
GBP AUD (daily s/start 11th, @ 61.8% retrace of Octobers down move- against ma's)
AUD NZD (at previous weekly resistance (2010) and support level, against daily ma's)
GBP NZD (as AUD above)
potential longs -
AUD CAD (prev daily support, 50% retrace Octobers up move, close to daily ma's X)
CAD JPY (prev support (Oct) and 61.8% retrace of Octobers up swing move)

quite boring at present

Attachments

• eur aud d 17nov11.jpg
    eur aud d 17nov11.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 115
EUR USD short

Fast rally this morning to the 4H ema and this weeks (apparent) resistance level
I have a 15min shooting star which I have used as a trigger (30 pip risk)
If we revisit the weeks lows @ 1.34 20 then I'll have a 90 pip reward (1:3), which is an acceptable r:r profile for me. I'm hoping that we test the early October lows @ around 1.32 00 though. I suppose it will depend upon Greece, Italy & the ECB

Attachments

• eur usd 18nov11 4h.jpg
    eur usd 18nov11 4h.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 115
  • eur usd 18nov11 15m trigger.jpg
    eur usd 18nov11 15m trigger.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113
Re: EUR USD short

(30 pip risk)
ECB
Well the beauty of a short timeframe trigger is the small risk. When I had finished typing the post price had broken through a risk reward of 1:1, so I moved my stop to breakeven
That has now been taken out, so no loss & no gain
still looking for shorting trigger though

Eur aud

One of my watch list from a few posts ago (#273 at the top of this page)
4H trigger candle printed
I may be too late to get an entry now
r:r over 4 if it plays out

Attachments

• eur aud 18nov11 4h  trigger.jpg
    eur aud 18nov11 4h trigger.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 130
My thinking for this week is that the majors will be range bound until the release of the NFP result on Friday
Sentiment (for me) is USD strength, this is because all of my Daily moving averages have 'crossed' to the downside (GBP, EUR, AUD, NZD) / upside (JPY, CHF, CAD)
My tactics for the first four days of the week are to sell into any rallies at around current highs, or fib retracements between to the 61.8% level. Ideally with the four hour moving averages, although if my theory holds, these will become flatter throughout the week

Here's my overview looking at cable

Attachments

• gpb usd28nov daily.jpg
    gpb usd28nov daily.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 103
Sentiment (for me) is USD strength
Just to add, if price reaches the following levels I will be seeking reversal patterns to get me into what I see as the dominant daily trend:
eur 1.35 60 - 1.36 20
gbp 1.56 50 - 1.57 50
aud 1.00 10 - 1.01 00
nzd 0.76 65 - 0.77 30
jpy 0.77 00
chf 0.91 00 - 0.89 50
cad 1.03 10 - 1.02 00

AUD USD enters 'zone' of interest

Just to add, if price reaches the following levels I will be seeking reversal patterns to get me into what I see as the dominant daily trend:
aud 1.00 10 - 1.01 00

Ozzie has powered into the 50% / 61.8% retracement area of the last down leg and might meet resistance at the daily 20ema resistance coupled with previous support turning to resistance level @ 1.00 50

Attachments

• aud usd29nov daily.jpg
    aud usd29nov daily.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 113
  • aud usd29nov 4h.jpg
    aud usd29nov 4h.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 126