Seeking consistency

Re: AUD USD enters 'zone' of interest

Ozzie has powered into the 50% / 61.8% retracement area
Order placed to short @ 1.00 25, being 50% of the 4H shooting start just closed (H 1.00 80, low @ 0.99 72) a 105 pip risk which is too big for me

I also liked the look of the eur usd price action and have placed an order short (same basis as ozzie) at 1.33 75 (H 1.34 45 low 1.33 00)

For some reason I cant post any charts up at the moment

Re: AUD USD enters 'zone' of interest

Order placed to short @ 1.00 25, being 50% of the 4H shooting start just closed (H 1.00 80, low @ 0.99 72) a 105 pip risk which is too big for me

I have just opened up my charts and was pleased to see price has just touched my 1:1 risk/reward level, which is when I move my stop to a breakeven position. However over night I was actually stopped out as price went 5 pips higher than the top of the 'trigger. candle. That's frustrating!

Still unable to post the charts, also frustrating

BAD load

Anyone else unable to load their charts to T2W this week :(

I have managed to get one to load out of a dozen requests

The error message says something like "BAD COMMAND"
Your browser has sent a request this server couldn't understand" :-0:cry::(

Im using Firefox

Re: BAD load

Anyone else unable to load their charts to T2W this week :(

Trader 333 suggests converting .bmp to .gif or .jpg
This is an attempt with a .gif

Attachments

• aud usd29nov 4h trigger - Copy.gif
    aud usd29nov 4h trigger - Copy.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 108
  • aud usd29nov 4h stop taken out COPY.jpg
    aud usd29nov 4h stop taken out COPY.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
USD CAD 4H holding of support

NFP has generated an interesting candle shape at an interesting level
The daily chart shows an ascending trendline intersecting with previous support at this level
My daily moving averages are stacked up 'long', however price is well below them and indeed the 4H ma's are in 'sell' signal

The four hourly chart has just printed a candle that is similar to a hammer form, indicating rejection of lower prices and thus holding of support on this test

I am looking to enter at a 50% retracement of this candle, to achieve a R:R in excess of 1:5

I attach (in .gif formal, thanks for that tip, hope the chart is legible) the daily 'set up' as I see it and 4H 'trigger' as I see it. Now I am sitting back to see if my order gets filled...

Attachments

• usd cad  2dec d set up.gif
    usd cad 2dec d set up.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 135
  • usd cad  2dec 4h trigger.gif
    usd cad 2dec 4h trigger.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 131
GBP NZD @ potential long level

One to watch next week for any signal to trigger a new 'up' leg

confluence of
.horizontal level
.ascending trend line
. fib retracement of previous up swing
.alignment of moving averages
.'round' number

just need a trigger set up to set risk / reward to enable entry

Attachments

• gbp nzd d long set up.gif
    gbp nzd d long set up.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 147
JPY crossess short

Quite a few of the daily charts have shooting star candle formations at interesting levels for potential shorts.

I perceive these as risky though as the JPY has enjoyed a number of interventions recently

heres gbp example
.38% retracement of the larger recent downswing
.50 / 61.8% retracement of the smaller recent down swing
. moving averages crossed down and price trading below them

Attachments

• gbp jpy potential short.gif
    gbp jpy potential short.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 121
Re: USD CAD 4H holding of support

Now I am sitting back to see if my order gets filled...

Order filled (red vertical line) & stop hit (yellow rectangle)
Later hammer-esque 4H candle (black 'up' arrow) did achieve 5:1 reward, but my entry was clearly too early (with hindsight!)

Attachments

• usd cad stop hit.gif
    usd cad stop hit.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 139
Re: GBP NZD @ potential long level

One to watch next week for any signal to trigger a new 'up' leg

ditto to my USD CAD post above. order opened but stop hit as too tight (@ 1.99 60 by 16 pips) based on the NFP low of the previous week. Series of long triggers then produce a 5:1 reward profile, which still looks attractive on the 4H for a further move up (ma's crossed long), but it would be against Fridays very bearish candle. So I am not looking to re-enter this pair at present

Attachments

• gbp nzd 4h update.gif
    gbp nzd 4h update.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 120
  • gbp nzd d short signal.gif
    gbp nzd d short signal.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 127
EUR GBP drops off bottom of chart

Large down move yesterday takes EUR GBP pair off the bottom of the daily chart, reaching prices not visited since February

Looking at a weekly chart I see ascending trend line and previous Support / Resistance zone confluence around .84 25 to .83 60

Will price continue lower through this or find support and turn around?
One to watch over the medium term (couple of months)

Attachments

• eur gbp w approaching sr zone.gif
    eur gbp w approaching sr zone.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 103
aud nzd Daily agt prev resistance

watching price action for short signals, vs continuation

Attachments

• aud nzd d @ prev hi.gif
    aud nzd d @ prev hi.gif
    30 KB · Views: 113

it would be against Fridays very bearish candle. So I am not looking to re-enter this pair at present
I try to avoid the 'should-a, would-a, could-a' but this is frustrating, my stop was hit because it was 6 pips too tight, now up 100's of pips!

Attachments

• gbp nzd d still going.gif
    gbp nzd d still going.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 130
EUR USD 1.28 65 and beyond?

technically I would be looking for reversal signals at these significant swing low levels to get into the corrective 'up swing'
fundamentally I can see the years low being taken out (what would that make the 'yearly' timeframe candle look like? An enormous shooting star indicating even lower prices next year?)
Any way a solid break of yesterdays low @ 1.29 45 triggers the last 4H shooting star candle and I'm short to an initial target 1.28 65

Attachments

• eur usd weekly.gif
    eur usd weekly.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 124
  • eur usd 4h trigger.gif
    eur usd 4h trigger.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 130
AUD USD 1h trigger

my daily & 4H trends are short
the 4H has retraced 50% of its previous down move and created a1H shooting star candle.
If my order opens, I am targeting 1:4 risk reward @the previous low of .98 60

Stop hit, risk seems to be more attrative today?

Attachments

• aud usd 1h trigger.gif
    aud usd 1h trigger.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
EUR GPB 1H trigger at Fridays highs

Is the euro going to soften further against the pound or rally
I have short trends on weekly, daily, and 4 hour timeframes

The last 1H candle indicates rejection of Fridays highs (around 84.13) and the 4H 20ema (red)

If price can close comfortably below 83.80 (1h ascending trendline) I'm looking for last weeks lows at 82.80 for a Risk Reward around 6 times (Using round numbers, 84.00 entry, 84.20 stop and 83.80 target)

With a 20 pips risk, I am comfortable with the trade failing, as I do recognisee the daily chart is 'stretched' and could easily see a significant pull back before any new lower prices are seen. If price touches 83.80 I'll move my stop to breakeven

Attached 1H trigger (shooting star) and 4 H set up (20ema acting as dynamic resistance)

Attachments

• eur gbp 1h trigger.gif
    eur gbp 1h trigger.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 105
  • eur gbp 4h set up.gif
    eur gbp 4h set up.gif
    31 KB · Views: 135

I try to avoid the 'should-a, would-a, could-a' but this is frustrating, my stop was hit because it was 6 pips too tight, now up 100's of pips!
Price has retraced 50% of the last 4H up swing, so daily & 4H timeframes remain long, this 'should-a' been my 'add to' signal, so attempting a buy from the hammer printed on Friday (which I hadn't noticed until now). Looks like tested the level again, to form a double bottom and print a bearish outside bar signal?

Attachments

• gbp nzd 4h trigger + set up.gif
    gbp nzd 4h trigger + set up.gif
    32 KB · Views: 100

Price has retraced 50% of the last 4H up swing). Looks like tested the level again, to form a double bottom and print a bearish outside bar signal?
Stop taken out and then price reversed after a new 4H signal at the 61.8% retracement level
However, as 4H moving averages are no longer 'long' I haven't taken this second trigger

Attachments

• gbp nzd 4h stop taken out and new trigger.gif
    gbp nzd 4h stop taken out and new trigger.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 99
Eur usd & eur jpy 4h

Massive rejection candles on both euro 4H charts just closed (2pm GMT)
however I can't see any entry levels with a decent ammount of risk (the candles are 175 pips and 120 pips respectively)