S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Like I said before and when Robster told me that there was no competition. I'm not about to try to compete with you guys and, if you are all passing it on to each other, being on the internet means that I don't have to worry about gloves.

You never heard of computer viruses?

Bernanke says

" the world is in an easing cycle " - ( nothing to do with me )
" the Europeans are largely to blame "( ntdwm )
" the Libor rate scandal - a totally European ****-up, only just heard about it " ( ntdwm )

Yeah baby - what a genius

Last edited:
The reason I took the short is because:

a. Technical traders would try and play a breakout here (Scose et al)
b. Stops above this level from the ON-H when hit would convert to buy market order

You can provide liquidity to these counter-parties at higher prices knowing there is a high probability that it will revert to the mean which was below.

I see it slightly differently.

7-17-201211-57-44AM.png

Overnight was up overall but we'd seen resistance @ 55 - so we know we had a fair few people short there too. Lots of longs held on despite the 55 resistance because we didn't see a big price drop on the longs bailing. They must have been nervous tho.

It almost HAS to break up thru 1355, to get weak shorts to exit and get the sharks filled on their shorts. Stronger shorts didn't puke and capitalized on longs that were obviously already nervous about the resistance @ 55.

I think in this case, new breakout traders would have been a minority compared to all the poor buggers that swatted in that move.

Either way, fact is - this is pretty common action. So whoever has the right explanation isn't really important.

I have no problem with controversy:clap:. Mr belbin has me pegged as a plant, 16pf as high on M and myers briggs as INTP so i'm at my happiest when i'm flying in the face of public opinion.:cheesy:

:LOL: Another INTP here. The profile on the whole is scarily accurate.
Personality Junkie | INTP

Out of interest, what MB categories are the other participants on this thread?

This one put me right between INTJ/INTP.

... Which is par for the course with these sorts of tests for me. I identify more with INTJ, btw. Perhaps because I'm posting when not really a thread participant. *Cough*

The INTJ description had me rolling, though. Talk about ego stroking...

Me too. Trading attracts this type.

I saw an old T2W poll a while ago where they asked which type you were. The overwhelming response was INTJ/P as I recall.

Either those types are much more frequent than stated by the "researchers" (at 2% of overall population), or trading really does attract the type. I think it's a mix of both, really.

:LOL: Another INTP here. The profile on the whole is scarily accurate.
Personality Junkie | INTP

Out of interest, what MB categories are the other participants on this thread?

God, I'm ignorant! I, really, should not be allowed out. I haven't a clue what the hell you are all on about. :D

They are not the minimum qualifications needed to be a moderator, are they?

I swear blind there was a post from Splashy then.

@Splashy - eventually an INTJ gets bored and does it their way. Everybody else follows.

@Splashy - eventually an INTJ gets bored and does it their way. Everybody else follows.
:D
i pressed submit when i wanted to press go advanced...be with you in a minute. :D

soooo true.
But with a room fullof intp's - theorists, innovators - there's no one to do the actual spadework.
I need an assistant i think...an ESFJ to be my sounding board (slave). :smart:

soooo true.
But with a room fullof intp's - theorists, innovators - there's no one to do the actual spadework.
I need an assistant i think...an ESFJ to be my sounding board (slave). :smart:

INTP vs INTJ. It's a bit like the difference between being able to make girls laugh and going home with them vs your mate who is really buff and handsome but wonders why he can't pull because he lacks confidence.

Ah, but some girls go for those shy retiring types. They want to change him and look after him because he's vulnerable and unthreatening. They are of the MMOL personality type. It stands for Maternal, Moulding, Owning, Long term.
The opposite type is the one i usually end up with - SBPD. It stands for Scary in the morning, Bit mad, Planning the wedding already, Doesn't like my mates. :eek:

God, I'm ignorant! I, really, should not be allowed out. I haven't a clue what the hell you are all on about. :D

They are not the minimum qualifications needed to be a moderator, are they?

You be careful out there:LOL:

Apparently, one career choice for INTP's is assassin ! and it wouldn't take much to turn me :LOL:

favored careers:

philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, assassin, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathematician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, slacker, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, astronaut, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, environmental scientist, egyptologist

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm