S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

He skyped me before and said me to get my a55 long before he starts spitting the whitest of feathers. He'd sell the world for a box of Touch of Grey that man.

what period does the vol histogram cover? Is it just what's shown in the chart or is it a set period?

There's 3 profiles on there

large grey/cyan - intermediate term range - since early May
small grey/cyan - short term range - since 29th July
white profile on the left - last 10 years BUT I don't use this to set my LVNs. In fact, it serves absolutely no purpose for me whatsoever, so I think I'm gonna cut it off.

I have another chart that goes back 200 days & that's where I look for the high/low vol areas. For what it's worth...

I mean is that since the contract was tradeable or is it tailored to cover a specified period through settings e.g. 3 days, a week, whatever

With DTN.IQ, you get the current contract but they make it continuous. That means when we roll, you have to reload all historical data to get the new adjusted continuous contract for the new period.

Here is the one I use for the LVNs - I try to set it to look far enough back to the last time we were in the same area.

7-17-20129-21-06AM.png

It's a 60 min chart looking back to 10/11/07 (no idea where I got 200 days from) - if you look @ the daily charts, you'll see why I chose that.

More white on our left, get long lol.

Is it your software that does that profiling and wtf is an LVN?

Dunno why I didn't reverse that trade earlier.

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  17_07_2012 number matrix 1.jpg

Missed the optimum price, bid 54.00, 51.00 should do for the time being. Still using certain numbers, but the meat of this trade is the opening drop,...what was it dropping into? Answer = Very little.

Great traders think alike....

When you said 'done', I knew you'd taken that short...

It was quite obvious wasn't it :LOL:

I tried for a swipe at the low but failed to get filled at 45.50 and decided I had missed the boat. Now looking for signs of a re-test of this low.