S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Hello all, haven't posted in a while. I'm not really trading S&P at the moment.. waiting for volume to return. Continue to watch though in case I see any setups too good to refuse.

I don't know about you guys but my trading leaves much to be desired.
My SB seems to be hunting out my stops. So I put on a bigger stop ! Whammo that goes too by the smallest of margins.

Paper trading time to build a bit of confidence back up imho

:eek:

Sounds like a bash in confidence. We all have these.

I have this picture in my head of the "ideal trader" - a guy that sits down every day with supreme confidence. Feels the market talk to him all the time and who takes positions every time with the supreme confidence that he is doing the right thing. He never doubts himself, is consistent and never has rough patches.

To be honest, I'm not sure he exists.

I think a lot of people go through patches where they convince themselves that they actually know NOTHING about trading. I've spoken to other traders about this and it's not just me that feels like it from time to time.

It's just a confidence bash. You end up second guessing yourself because there's never really a 'sure' trade. I sometimes feel that the signs the market throws are too subtle and that I'm just punting. Maybe on the 'hot' days I didn't see anything at all and just got lucky. Maybe on my off days I didn't screw up, I just got unlucky.

What you are going through is quite normal.

Sounds like a bash in confidence. We all have these.

I have this picture in my head of the "ideal trader" - a guy that sits down every day with supreme confidence. Feels the market talk to him all the time and who takes positions every time with the supreme confidence that he is doing the right thing. He never doubts himself, is consistent and never has rough patches.

To be honest, I'm not sure he exists.

I think a lot of people go through patches where they convince themselves that they actually know NOTHING about trading. I've spoken to other traders about this and it's not just me that feels like it from time to time.

It's just a confidence bash. You end up second guessing yourself because there's never really a 'sure' trade. I sometimes feel that the signs the market throws are too subtle and that I'm just punting. Maybe on the 'hot' days I didn't see anything at all and just got lucky. Maybe on my off days I didn't screw up, I just got unlucky.

What you are going through is quite normal.

Hmm yes agreed but if after two weeks you are still not feeling better then go and consult your GP or good financial advisor ;)

Maybe I shouldn't mention it but I find that when everything looks good, the trade is made and then it doesn't come right - is a big big downer. When it starts happening regularly one has to stop and see what's wrong.

It'll pass after a few winning paper trades

Maybe I shouldn't mention it but I find that when everything looks good, the trade is made and then it doesn't come right - is a big big downer. When it starts happening regularly one has to stop and see what's wrong.

It'll pass after a few winning paper trades

I was on a bit of many trades to get the practice in. Small stops and small gains so not too surprising.

Tue Aug 7
12:00am GBP BRC Retail Sales Monitor y/y 0.1% 1.4%
12:30am AUD AIG Construction Index 32.6 34.8
5:30am AUD Cash Rate 3.50% 3.50% 3.50%
5:30am AUD RBA Rate Statement
6:45am CHF Unemployment Rate 2.9% 2.9% 2.9%
8:00am CHF Foreign Currency Reserves 406.5B 365.1B
8:15am CHF CPI m/m -0.5% -0.5% -0.3%
9:00am EUR Italian Industrial Production m/m -1.4% -1.0% 1.0%
9:30am GBP Manufacturing Production m/m -2.9% -4.0% 1.2%
9:30am GBP Industrial Production m/m -2.5% -3.3% 1.0%
9:59am EUR Italian Prelim GDP q/q -0.7% -0.7% -0.8%
11:00am EUR German Factory Orders m/m -0.9% 0.6%
1:30pm CAD Building Permits m/m -3.5% 7.4%
3:00pm CAD Ivey PMI 52.0 49.0
3:00pm GBP NIESR GDP Estimate -0.2%
7:30pm USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks
8:00pm USD Consumer Credit m/m 11.5B 17.1B

Major platform failure today for me - PC crashed taking down NinjaTrader & IRT with it.

Still trying to get it all back up.

Last edited:
lol

In terms of number of contracts....

This is me:

squirrel.jpg

This is Rob:

testicle+man4.jpg

Link's broken. Could you fix it please because it sounds like a very interesting website?

Apologies mug punter prospective client, I will get out expert IT people to put it right immediately. In the meantime would you like to send $99 to my paypal account our Coutts business account for a no quibble, Swiss Tony cast iron guarantee to make teh profits trading pack?

Please read the terms and conditions below. Looking at it just once is deemed acceptance.

image002-1.gif

Link's broken. Could you fix it please because it sounds like a very interesting website?

You sound like a good trader to me already. In anticipation of you passing the course with flying colours and being minted beyond your wildest dreams, I have organised the end of course party and asked a few of our favourite honeys to come along and have fun with you. Hope you don't mind me being this presumptuous but without you even placing a single trade, I can tell you will make it.

Girls-Bikinis.jpg