christina-wrieden-boating-babes.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

(y)

Edit:

Run out of rep to give out Robster, or it would go to them all. Sides are splitting.

A couple of years ago I went to a poker game, locals, not a serious affair. Most of the guys are either session musicians or work on the production side, you know, a few quid kicking around based upon long careers doing what they do, well. Anyway they found out what I did and you had the usual curiosity but it waned as we got more drunk and the donkfest became increasingly amusing.

The next game I turned up to a month later, one of the lads turned up with a poorly printed brochure and I swear blind, it was just like the series of posts above. Trashy, just awful, offering fool-proof system trading. His question? "Will this work and should I do it?"

Now I was stunned that a man who I know is top of his game, does very nicely out of it was willing to flush a sizeable amount of his net worth down the toilet off the back of the dreams sold in this pamphlet.

To paraphrase Goebbels - 'The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed'

A couple of years ago I went to a poker game, locals, not a serious affair. Most of the guys are either session musicians or work on the production side, you know, a few quid kicking around based upon long careers doing what they do, well. Anyway they found out what I did and you had the usual curiosity but it waned as we got more drunk and the donkfest became increasingly amusing.

The next game I turned up to a month later, one of the lads turned up with a poorly printed brochure and I swear blind, it was just like the series of posts above. Trashy, just awful, offering fool-proof system trading. His question? "Will this work and should I do it?"

Now I was stunned that a man who I know is top of his game, does very nicely out of it was willing to flush a sizeable amount of his net worth down the toilet off the back of the dreams sold in this pamphlet.

I can easily believe it. Greed, and common sense goes out the window.

I was in the pub at lunchtime & the owner walked over for a chat. He asked me if he was going to their wine tasting that night. I told him I couldn't because of the trading (which he knows about).

He told me he was interested in it, he had $10k he was prepared to throw around and would I give him some tips.

Tip 1 - Don't

end of tips.

Of course, he pushed me because he wasn't happy with the simple "don't". I am afraid I had to resort to scaring the sh1t out of him to put him off the idea completely.

Job done.

I rarely talk about trading in real life. However when pressed, I do the following:

1) I ask them to rate their risk aversion. Most people say medium risk.
2) I ask them how much they would ante up
3) I ask them how they would feel if they were 10% down/20% down/30% down - normally this gets a negative reaction.
4) I then tell them my single biggest loss on a trade was. I then ask them whether their spouse would be happy to lose this amount of money.

That normally puts them off.

Tempted to go short here to fade this move, its been pretty relentless. But I will most likely resist.

In other news JT Capital will be launching the 'Short Scum Fund' this Friday. I can't think of any way I would rather make money ;-)

ETX have launched a grey market actually, no doubt to lure in stupid football fan punters. Up 2.2% today and trading at 17.30/18.33.

moving stop to 1409.
Offered me just shy of +5 handles so ffar, but i'm looking for more. Either that, or it stops me out....

When i started trading a few years ago, word got around and some people i know started offering me money to invest or trade for them. I was staggered at how easy it would have been to take it and 1) lose it...or 2) f..k off with it.

Not one single person asked to see my strategy, policy, accounts etc. and no one wanted anything in writing.

Some of the money wasn't large but a couple of the amounts were mind boggling - one mate wanted me to make him enough to pay a £60,000 tax bill and just said 'how much do you need'?'

I was still losing money at the time! Amazing. :eek:

nb: i didn't take any of it.

lol, that's quite funny Splashy.
I had almost the same experiences with being offered all kinds of amounts of money a few years back when people knew that I was trading the markets, despite the fact that I was NOT profitable!

When i started trading a few years ago, word got around and some people i know started offering me money to invest or trade for them. I was staggered at how easy it would have been to take it and 1) lose it...or 2) f..k off with it.

Not one single person asked to see my strategy, policy, accounts etc. and no one wanted anything in writing.

Some of the money wasn't large but a couple of the amounts were mind boggling - one mate wanted me to make him enough to pay a £60,000 tax bill and just said 'how much do you need'?'

I was still losing money at the time! Amazing. :eek:

nb: i didn't take any of it.

You think that's bad. A friend of mine was given $100k to trade from a fund. He'd never placed a trade in his life, just worked for a successful trader.

People putting money in that fund did not know that (relatively small sums) were being thrown around like that.

In the end, the first $50k went into an MF Global account and that sort of killed the whole thing for some reason.

You think that's bad. A friend of mine was given $100k to trade from a fund. He'd never placed a trade in his life, just worked for a successful trader.

People putting money in that fund did not know that (relatively small sums) were being thrown around like that.

In the end, the first $50k went into an MF Global account and that sort of killed the whole thing for some reason.

lol.

Gone short here at 1405
stop at 1412 for now

moving stop to 1409.
Offered me just shy of +5 handles so ffar, but i'm looking for more. Either that, or it stops me out....

I'm covering here at 1397.5 for +7.5 handles.

I tihnk there's lower to go, but I gotta go to work and don't wanna risk giving it all back and not a fan of trailing stops.
If I was at home I'd try to 'manage it', but i'm taking profits here.

+7.5

Wed Aug 8

12:50am JPY Current Account 0.77T 0.75T 0.28T
12:50am JPY Bank Lending y/y 0.7% 0.6%
2:30am AUD Home Loans m/m 1.3% 2.1% -0.9%
6:00am JPY Economy Watchers Sentiment 44.2 44.5 43.8
6:44am CHF SECO Consumer Climate -17 -4 -8
7:00am EUR German Trade Balance 16.2B 14.9B 15.3B
7:45am EUR French Trade Balance -6.0B -5.1B -5.5B
10:30am GBP BOE Gov King Speaks
10:30am GBP BOE Inflation Report
11:00am EUR German Industrial Production m/m -0.8% 1.6%
11:20am CAD BOC Gov Carney Speaks
Tentative EUR German 10-y Bond Auction 1.31|1.5
1:30pm USD Prelim Nonfarm Productivity q/q 1.5% -0.9%
1:30pm USD Prelim Unit Labor Costs q/q 0.5% 1.3%
3:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories -0.6M -6.5M
6:00pm USD 10-y Bond Auction 1.46|3.6
11:45pm NZD Employment Change q/q 0.4% 0.4%
11:45pm NZD Unemployment Rate 6.5% 6.7%

Looks like the coalition may soon break up.

Dipstick can't reform the Lords and would be most unpopular with the boundary changes. If he can't even see that then ....oh well.

People used to talk about building positions but not much is said about that these days. Does anyone practice this method ?