Random!

ah.. but the key is to sort the "corn" from the "vino" in the "supernova" planet of trading methods ;)

Well yes. But when u have someone claiming for some unknown reason that their system is free, super and produces a high % of winners, this attracts attention (wastes peoples time). The reader then investigates it for themselves, and typically finds, its not really that good.
Perhaps such system posters get off on giving false hope, and knowing that they will have wasted peoples time.

Is it just me, or does it seem obvious to anyone else that Ricky Hatton is going to win against Floyd Mayweather on saturday?
I'm not sure why i seem so certain :confused: .

Don't know about obvious, but I think Ricky will win, and I've put some money where my mouth is. Also paid £ 14.95 to Sky and can't wait.

Stoppage in the 8th is my prediction.

Don't know about obvious, but I think Ricky will win, and I've put some money where my mouth is. Also paid £ 14.95 to Sky and can't wait.

Its just the way Hattons being portrayed/received as the modest good guy, with Mayweather as the slightly brash/arrogant bafoon - good V's bad etc. that makes me think Hatton will win. I'm not saying the fights fixed or anything (though it wouldn't surprise me;) ).

Any MixedMartialArts - "cage rage" etc. fans here?
If so, did u see cage rage 24?

Keep meaning to go see one but never got round to it. Think there's an awful lot more luck involved there, than when compared to "conventional" boxing.

Keep meaning to go see one but never got round to it. Think there's an awful lot more luck involved there, than when compared to "conventional" boxing.

A couple of pro MMA fighters work out at the same gym as me. You really wouldn't mess with 'em :) .

Facebook

Six months ago, i'd never heard of it, now everyone i know, see & hear are obsessed with it. Amazing!
It is pretty good though....

I'm no longer quite so sure Vicki Fatton :LOL: is going to win. Floyd is an inch taller, has a 7 inch longer reach :eek: , and weighs a big of sugar more. Should be interesting though. Just need to find a pub open at 0400 to watch!

No, I think it's pretty obvious that Mayweather will win.

Never mind.

Being yet another gallant English failure Fatton must be a hot tip for BBC Sports personality of the year.

He should have stayed at light welterwight. It was a mistake moving up.

Amazing, bloody awesome fight !

I suppose it was the difference betwen CLASS and CRASS wasn't it ?

For example, Mayweather is to Hatton what Cristiano Ronaldo is to Wayne Rooney.

They both had class, by the bucket load !

But Mayweather was that little bit taller, that little bit stronger, that little bit faster, that little bit...etc,etc. As I said, Ricky isn't a welterweight.

Ricky gave him a good run for his money, but seemed to tire around the 6th, and couldn't land much very accurately from there on in. KO'd in the 10th. Bloody shame !

p.s. Ref was appalling !

But it still doesn't detract from the truth that when British sportsmen are required to step up to the so called plate, they invariably fail at the final hurdle due to a lack of true class.

They always seem to fall short....mostly by a long way.

As somebody remarked on another thread somewhere, the only sports that the English excel in are the ones that are played inside a pub.

Anyone for darts ?

The latest betting on the BBC Sports Personality of the Year sums up the British penchant for embracing losers. The 2 favourites are ultimate losers while the true champions...Calzaghe, Radcliffe and Robinson....are also rans.

Lewis Hamilton 2/9
Ricky Hatton 7
Joe Calzaghe 11
Paula Radcliffe 40
Jason Robinson 125

Sad really !

Erm, I always thought the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award was all about....wait for it.....Personality ? Rather than the ability to win ?

Erm, I always thought the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award was all about....wait for it.....Personality ? Rather than the ability to win ?

I don't think so matey.

But if you are correct it just about sums up the mentality of the British when it comes to sport.

As long as he's a good chap it doesn't matter whether he is a loser....he took part, lost but smiled. Bravo !!

Utter tosh !!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They both had class, by the bucket load !

Yeah, Fatton had the class to hit the other guy at the back of the neck.

I would suggest that your knowledge of boxing is minimal.

I for one am glad that the piece of scum lost and that true class had its day.

But it still doesn't detract from the truth that when British sportsmen are required to step up to the so called plate, they invariably fail at the final hurdle due to a lack of true class.

They always seem to fall short....mostly by a long way.

As somebody remarked on another thread somewhere, the only sports that the English excel in are the ones that are played inside a pub.

Anyone for darts ?

If someone has the ability, but buckles under the pressure, or doesn't have the discipline to train to the level needed so that they can perform at their potential, that is different.

But as for Ricky Hatton, it became fairly obvious - once you absorbed the stats, that Floyd is the more able & experienced athlete, which leads to him being a better fighter. Floyd has a 7 inch longer reach. If you stretch your arms out in front of you as a boxer would, this means that one of his arms extends around 3.5 inches longer than Ricky's from the middle of his back, which is a BIG advantage. Add to this that Floyd has fought & been world champ at 11 stone (& 9 stone, and 3 other weights inbetween), whereas Ricky has only ever fought one fight at 147lb's, then you can see that Floyd was likely to have been more comfortable at the weight.
So i don't think Hatton bottled it, or clearly underperformed, he did as well as he could have done really. He was simply not quite in the same league as the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

Last edited:
So i don't think Hatton bottled it, or clearly underperformed, he did as well as he could have done really. He was simply not quite in the same league as the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

My point entirely.

He does not possess sufficient quantities of both skill and class to compete successfuly against the very best.

But he tried.